🐈
» Forums » Support » Reversed payment to client. Will I get back?
Page options
avi-mousers
Community Member

Reversed payment to client. Will I get back?

Hello,

I saw a project to Upwork. I applied and client sent me scope to purchase a domain and develop a website for them. I sent him an offer to work hourly. We both agreed to terms in hourly contract. After that he awarded me project.

Now, he asked me to analyse the scope and purchase a domain first. I said we are on hourly contract and how can I buy domain without having payment. 

He sent me bonus of $500USD immediately. I saw that transition to my transition page. It shows pending as usual transaction. I thought payment is in pending state and will be available to withdraw in 5 days as usually happen.

I bought domain worth of $360 USD. I analyzed the scope and filled the diary and logged 2 hours for Billing.

Now yesterday I got email from Upwork about my account suspended. I checked client account, It was suspended too. Suddenly I noticed the payment of $500 was also reversed. I replied to Upwork and got my account restored by replying all questions asked and proof I am not fraud. My account is restored for all activities now.

But the question is will I get the $500 USD back? Will client pay for this to me? It is what I am getting confused now.

Can anyone help me about this? Any solutions?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hello Avinash,

I'm sorry to learn about your recent experience. I want to clarify that a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, buy something for them, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

Since you have an ongoing ticket with the relevant team, you can rest assured that they will continue to assist you from there and share more information with you about what will happen next. You can access your support ticket here

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths