🐈
» Forums » Support » Rising talent is better than Top rated?
Page options
641e604b
Community Member

Rising talent is better than Top rated?

When I was new on Upwork and had the Rising Talent badge with 2 jobs completed, I was receiving invites twice a week. I was rejecting most of them because I was busy with a larger project, and I thought that after I achieved top-rated status, those invites would surely increase even more.

However, contrary to my expectations, the invites decreased to zero. I started receiving no invites after I became Top Rated, even with the Availability badge. I want to know if this only happened to me, if rejecting invites before caused some kind of problem now, or if it's due to the difference between the badges.

Here's my profile: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/ibrahimezzat

2 REPLIES 2
bobbymez
Community Member

I've noticed sometimes Upwork does boost rising talent to get new people who are qualified within the platform. That said what I've noticed is that Top Rated / Plus gets significantly more invites from higher-tier clients. There seem to be slightly slower months on Upwork lately. Truthfully, I believe there are macroeconomic factors that decrease the amount of posts so it could be a combination of a few stuff.

bbdebb52
Community Member

Relying on invites alone isn't sufficient. I believe it's also important to actively apply for jobs, and with your top-rated status, you should have an advantage. You could also boost your profile for more views.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths