🐈
» Forums » Support » Scammers
Page options
ahmedabdulrahman
Community Member

Scammers

Hi,

I have send an offer to this project wthen they accepted my offer and reached to me via message in upwork to contact their project manager via telegram.
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

After I talked to him, They said they are from Halifx Public Library:

He sent me the a some assets to work on it for 3 days. Then I submit the final work for that part, they asked my account info, to send me the money, after I provide it to that email (Halifax public library <halifaxpubliclibrary1996@mail.ee>), I got a confirmation and asked for a fee of 55 Euro to pay which I paid:

. I was redirect to their Payment Director in Telegram too to continue from there:

and now he is asking for 300 Euro a refunable deposit:

few days for a client but the contract was limited for one hour per week when I asked her to unlimit it she ended the contract and didn't pay me. What could I do to get my money?

They are SCAMMER they steal our time and money 😭 What could I do to get my money?
5 REPLIES 5
sandyjosh
Community Member

Very sorry about this, we all need to be aware that there are scammers on upwork, please try not to take your work off upwork as this is dangerous and can also get you suspended here. Try not to take jobs with unverified payment methods. Unfortunately you might not be able to retrieve your money. Hope this helps. 

ahmedabdulrahman
Community Member

If you visit the posting show both Payment and Phone is verified how come??

ahmedabdulrahman_0-1712914992980.png

Verification cost an $2 and few clicks. It mean nothing. Only very lazy scammer still unverified.

You broke rules and was scammed. Take time to read ToS or you will be scammed again or banned.

What you mean by `Verification cost an $2`! I can not verify my self but I do spend a lot on connects and Ads but I cant verify my self. I think Upwork will send a link as they mention!

For clients.

FLs verification is different.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths