🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account Suspension
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Hi Kashaf,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
85ec1fa5
Community Member

Good afternoon. Registered a long time ago, but never started using it. Now I decided to try again, but I can not send a response, the button is inactive. Please see what is the problem.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for your message. I will have our support team reach out to you for further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b55792cb
Community Member

Hello,

My account was having plagiarism issue. I have removed that but still unable to Submit a proposal. Kindly see my account again. And if it's suspended please reactivate. I shall never do that mistake again.

Thanks

Hi Kashaf,

Thank you for your message. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can also view and respond to your support ticket via your registered email address.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
4535f4b5
Community Member

Hello,

My account was suspended on an account that I couldn't answer all the verification questions. Please help.

Kiprono

ramisj
Community Member

Hi there,

My account is suspended due to some similarities between me and my cousin while he's my client and now both of our accounts are suspended, I had replied the email from support team but till now didn't hear anything, any one knows how long it takes to reactivate my account please?

Hi Rami,

Thank you for your message. Please note that all inquiries via a support ticket are handled in the manner they are received in the queue. Usually, the team should respond to you within 48 hours from your last response.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ramisj
Community Member

Thank you very much, the evidences are sent and waiting for activation.

Rami S wrote:

Hi there,

My account is suspended due to some similarities between me and my cousin while he's my client and now both of our accounts are suspended, I had replied the email from support team but till now didn't hear anything, any one knows how long it takes to reactivate my account please?

All these dealings between family and friends are always suspicious.
Why does your cousin hire you through Upwork?
Why pay fees and other expenses when he can hire you directly?

Because he wants to know how to use Upwork and also make sure it's really useful platform.... Did you get it?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

A few posts on this section have been removed as they were in violation of our Community Guidelines and values. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and respectful toward other users when posting.

~Andrea
Upwork
ramisj
Community Member

Thank you very much!!

1f7f423e
Community Member

Good evening, I noticed a similar problem on my account, I joined upwork not too long ago.
After I was verified by documents and video, I was asked for verification by documents and address. I provided all the necessary documents and once again waited for moderation, after the verification passed I noticed that I had a blocking badge gone. Of course I was happy and wanted to go back to search for customers, but I saw that I could not send an offer, the button simply did not click and was grayed out.

How do I definitively verify my account, what documents do I need to upload that I could use my account? And most importantly how to avoid this in the future?

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Shaquil,

I have checked your account and it looks like you've already communicated with our team via support ticket. I highly suggest you reach out to our team using that ticket for more details about your concern and further assistance. You can do that by checking here or your email address.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1f7f423e
Community Member

Hello, im wait answer from support in ticket.
But I don't have much time for a refund, because I got my first email on Monday with a 5-day deadline.
I need urgent help.

e142e7fe
Community Member

Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.

Today I got message from upwork.

I submitted my id,but still same.

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Danylo,

We appreciate you reaching out. I have checked your account and I can see that you've been communicating with our team via support ticket. I highly suggest you continue communicating thtough that ticket for more details and further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

i can't access new jobs search, and its showing me account restricted

please help me review , my account has been restricted, i have contacted support but ikeep getting an automated message

ArjayM
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Michael,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's a support ticket that's been created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for further assistance. You can check here or your email address for more details.

I can see that you are also yet to complete your ID verification. You can access your Settings page > Identity Verification and then continue verifying your account.

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating different posts for the same concern as this is considered spam which we don’t allow in the Community. You can check our Community Guidelines for more details.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Okay thanks for that update, but i i ve provided my iD and taken photos if myself as requested for over the last 24 hours but yet no changes i still can't access it

223a1e79
Community Member

Hello,

Why my account has been suspended?
I don't know my fault and how I can get back my account,
could you tell me the reason for suspending the account..?

I like to work on Upwork, not other sites.

Regards
Navjot

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Navjot,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ed6f8a36
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I am a newish freelancer on Upwork. I have done 10-20 proposals over the last few months and I received 3-5 contracts; none of which I accepted and as of yet ; I have not completed any work on Upwork.

The main reason of course is because those opportunities I was presented with were not a very good fit for my skills and/or lifestyle. 

I always reject offers politely highlighting the reason why while wishing the client all the best so I never upset anyone or anything.

2 weeks ago, I have finally found a Customer Support role that I like and really believe to be a good fit (Hooray!)

The contract is due to start on the 2nd of may. 

I woke up today to Upwork freezing or blocking from Upwork without stating any reason why or which rule exactly have I violated I mean is it because I refused to work the previous opportunity? Is it because I have been on the platform for a few months without earning any revenue?

I tried contacting support but I have received no response as of yet.

I'm afraid this will embarrass me with my client and it will definitely lead to a frustrating experience for the client.. 

What should I do? Should I speak with my client or is there a certain official email for upwork's team that I can send to?

I have not even worked at all for all I know, how can I violate a rule without even doing anything?

Your advice is very much appreciated.

Regards

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths