🐈
» Forums » Support » Tax Information
Page options
433b9584
Community Member

Tax Information

Hi there,

I have an individual freelance account on Upwork, basically there 3 information asked by Upwork under the "Tax information" section, where I entered:

1. For legal Taxpayer name : My individual name as per PAN based in India.

2. For Tax identification number : I entered My partnership firm Name and PAN recently. Earlier I have entered my individual name and PAN number.

3. For Tax information-additional request: My partnership firm GST number.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

So here are my concerns:
1. On which PAN, I can claim TDS deducted by Upwork, whether on my individual PAN and Firm PAN?

FYI: Currently, there is no TDS credit reflected on any of my PANs (whether individual or firm).

2. Is my firm liable to pay GST on RCM on service fee from Upwork because of my firm GST number added there?

3. How can I get sufficient documents to prove that all my services are rendered through on my firm PAN and GST number, not on my individual PAN?

Please advise accordingly.
Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Bhavik G

1 REPLY 1
PradeepH

Hi Bhavik,

Thank you for your message. We understand the importance of clarity when it comes to tax-related matters. While we can’t provide you with legal or tax advice, we can clarify general information on details required to adhere to taxes on Upwork. I will be happy to assist you with this matter. 

1. Regarding claiming TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) deducted by Upwork, typically, the TDS is deducted based on the taxpayer information provided by you on the platform. If you've updated your tax information to reflect your firm's PAN, the TDS would likely be deducted against that PAN. Please make sure your information under the Taxpayer identification and Tax identification number are for the PAN number added to your Upwork account. You can refer to this help page for more information.

2. As for the GST (Goods and Services Tax) liability on RCM for service fees from Upwork, if you provide a valid GSTIN, we will not have to collect and remit GST for you. Please refer to this help page for more information.

3. To obtain sufficient documentation to prove that your services are rendered through your firm, you will need to ensure that you have added the company's information wherever applicable. 

I recommend seeking assistance from a qualified tax advisor or consultant who can provide personalized guidance based on your specific circumstances and local tax regulations. If you require further assistance or clarification on Upwork-related matters, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. We're here to help.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths