🐈
» Forums » Support » This job is still pending after two years
Page options
naaim-sajjad
Community Member

This job is still pending after two years

Hi Team

So probably this was my very first client on upwork two years ago, who would have paid a very small amount per hour, to build my profile I took the job, but I think later his account was closed and this amount still shows pending, can I complete this job , even I dont get paid or maybe cancel it but if I cancel it will it effect my job success score? becasue I am afraid if I will cancel it will effect. The reason I am discussing it when I see this pending for a long time it kinda bugs me:) so please let me know what could be the best option here.

**Edited for community guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Naaim,

I checked the contract you are referring to and saw it has already ended. I'm sorry to hear your payment is still pending. If there are issues with your client's account, the payment will remain pending until the issue is resolved. While we can't share any details, you may ask your client to communicate with our team to resolve the issue with their account, and as for your payment, you can also discuss it with them if they are willing to send you a bonus.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne
thanks for checking this for me, however the customer's account is banned or somthing so I cannot communiate to them. , Can I cancel it?will it effect my job success rate?

Hi Naaim, 

In general, when you close the contract the client will have the opportunity to leave feedback which may affect your JSS. If one of your clients has been previously flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), their feedback will not count against your JSS.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Nikola, I checked the contracts seems to bve completed , however ayment is pending for over two years, i just want to cancel it to make my sheet look clean. Well I would appreciate that if I get the payment.

Hi Naaim,

Arjay here stepping in for Nikola. Could you please share the Contract ID for the one you're referring to? You can get the ID by going to All Contracts> Select the Contract in question> Details Tab here

We'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly. We're looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Arjay 
Thank you, the reference id is 435880082

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths