🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to Add Mastercard For Hiring Talent - ...
Page options
hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit card for some reason, it keeps on declining it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Hassan

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,211 REPLIES 1,211

Hi Andriy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7759afb9
Community Member

I am trying to hire a freelancer but get an error "You don't have a valid billing method on file with Upwork. Please correct this before making an offer." I am using paypal. It was working fine previously.

Hi Sukhrob,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please retry the transaction using an alternative payment method from your PayPal wallet? If the issue persists, please let us know. Alternatively, you can try another payment method. Kindly check this article for more information.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7759afb9
Community Member

Hello Luiggi R

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I only have PayPal as a payment method. I have already hired before using PayPal and it was working fine. 

Hi Sukhrob,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a8100263
Community Member

I'm still getting this error message despite checking in with my bank and verifying that there is no issue with insufficient funds as many of the Upwork support staff mentioned in other forum discussions.

I've alsp updated my address and phone number as they've also stated but nothing has changed. And yes, cleared cache too.

I've also sent a long and detailed email to what was their former support email, only to receive and automated response with FAQs.

Can someone please get me in touch with an actual support staff? I really need to hire a freelancer

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
flavio-mamede
Community Member

Hello,

I have tried different payment methods to create a contract but all the billing methods say "charge failed". I have been attempting with visa cards, masters cards and PayPal, all of them have enough money in there to withdraw but all of them say "charge failed". This is getting annoying especially because I already made contracts in the past and everything went fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Hi Flavio,

I checked your account and it looks like the transaction has been declined by your card-issuing bank. You may contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fa6b6d89
Community Member

Please I will like to verify if my billing method is okay and ready to use. 

83452e0c
Community Member

hello

I am new clinet, I added my card information and send my identification ID 3 days ago , and still my card says its inactive , I really need to hire my freelancer, could you please help ?
I Live in turkey 

Hi Ahmed,

I checked your account and noticed that your financial account has been already restored now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi there, I tried to add my card and got the error "card number digit invalid"", I was able to add another card from the same issuer but that one declined to buy my connects, please help, both cards whould be good to go, seems like you have a trouble in your system given the amount of problems people have.

Hi Bojana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
649dda28
Community Member

Hello Greetings,

I have added my mastercard to billing method and also its says that payment method verified. Now My Question is when i'm going to hire freelancrs some errror shows like that " Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support."

Can anyone give the solution? 

Thanks

Hi Melissa,

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

I can see that you've raised a ticket about your concern. You can also expect an update from the team on that ticket and don't hesitate to communicate if you have additional questions. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
86e1d940
Community Member

Hello,

What happend to Upwork live support? I click "Get support" and it just sends me to various pages with answers already listed.

My account is locked with "Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support."

Financial transactions for your company have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support.

This message does not help. Where did Upwork support go? Is it only a public forum post now?

Hi Stephen,

I'll have one of the support team members review your concern and assist you further via a support ticket. Please expect an update on this page with your ticket. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
8352dd57
Community Member

I am new to upwork as a client. when i add my payment method it charges my account , but cancel it after a while.and i recive a notification that there is some problem from our side. i dont know how to resolve it

Hi Arif,

~Andrea
Upwork
e27df2a3
Community Member

I have entered my card details correctly but it will not save. The verification code and expiration details are flagged red but they are entered correctly. 

How can I resolve this? 

I am using a business debit card (mastercard).

Thanks

Hi Irene,

I checked and it looks like you were able to add a billing method to your account. Could you please confirm if you still need assistance?

~Andrea
Upwork
4576ac6b
Community Member

To be honest, the support team here in upwork is filled with **bleep** or looks like it's all bot. None of them try understand the issue of clients. I've been trying to update my card since 3 days and only message I receive is, Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again.  They are not ready to accept that it's their own flaw and not at all ready to resolve it. I suggest you guys to leave upwork and go to fiverr. It's much better than upwork. I'm about to close my account here and will never deal with upwork. Waste and worst platform.

d89fd967
Community Member

Hey, this is an emergency. We need this fixed ASAP.

We are a company and we need to pay our freelancers. We added a new credit card to our Billing method. And when I process the payment it says the following:

"Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support."

And when I click on Contact support, it says the following: 
"Due to the increase in the volume of ID verification submissions, there will be a delay of up to 5 days. We greatly appreciate your patience while our teams review the documents."

We need this issue fixed ASAP. Our freelancers cant wait this long. 
Thank you

Hi Leonardo,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties processing payments for your Talents. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the "Get Support" button that is shown on this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help with, please select the best option for your situation. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can select "Get Support" for more options, including contacting our support team.

~ Arjay
Upwork
d89fd967
Community Member

Hey Arjay,

I just got in contact with the bank and everything is solved now. Thanks!

d89fd967
Community Member

Hey Arjay,

I just got in contact with the bank and everything is solved now. Thanks!

Hi Leonardo,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b251ca1f
Community Member

Hello I believe im experiencing technical issues. I have tried to upload my billing info with multiple debit and credit cards and no luck. It marks as the month and year are not correct but ive triple checked and it is. All my cards are in good standing just seems like the site isnt saving when i input. Also made a paypal account verified it and all that pops out is that the paypal account hasnt been verified.

Hi Emiliano,

I'm sorry to learn about these difficulties in adding a billing method to your account. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can expect an update on this page with your ticket once your case is fully reviewed. Don't hesitate to communicate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b251ca1f
Community Member

Awesome looking forward to it 

1ac0022095447f79
Community Member

화면 캡처 2022-12-11 175025.jpg

I opened the email sent by my worker, filled in the payment information, and proceeded with the payment, but this error message is displayed. Does anyone know how to solve it?

Hi Dongkyun,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties processing payments for your Talents. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
eb9e09bc
Community Member

Hello, I try to hire a freelancer for my project and this is my first time using upwork. The problem I am having is I cannot pay him because I get an error saying that "Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help,  Contact Support". I tried 4 different cards, talked with the banks and approved that I am the one who does this purchase. Everything seems to be working on my side, I granted all the permission to both the banks and the cards but upwork doesn't want to deduct the money. Additionally, it deducts the money first and then 20 seconds later it refunds the money immediately. This happens with all my cards, I tried with Turkish and German cards but everything fails. Can you help me with this issue, please? I am in a rush on this project and I want to hire someone immediately.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Demir,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
a4d70a73
Community Member

I just got this fault. I don't why it happened.
Everything have worked well until this fault. 

Is there somebody got the same problem? And how to solve it?

Thank you so much!

Payment_Fault.png

You must see that with a bank that issued your card.

Stevan Nikolovski

Hi Son,

Thank you for reaching out to us. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ AJ
Upwork
cd3a468a
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,

I tried many times to add my Mastercard details on my client account to hire freelancer but facing such issue as you see in image. While all POS, E-Commerce and International transactions are active on my card. I did contact to my bank but there is no issue/error from their end.

Card Type: HBL - Gold Debit Mastercard

Could you please help out to resolve this issue.

Regards.

Anjam Tahir

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths