🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Help: Financial Account Suspended due to ...
Page options
hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Unable to add/use payment method

Hi, Upwork can't accept my credit card for some reason, it keeps on declining it.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Hassan

In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, you can contact support by:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,230 REPLIES 1,230
78b54e3d
Community Member

Hey there, 

I have been trying to pay a freelancer for the work he has done, but the following message popped up when I tried to pay (never seen it before): Your financial account "..........." has been suspended due to issues with payment methods on file. Please update payment methods to restore full functionality to your account.

I never had problems with my Paypal account , nor any problems paying the amount (enough balance on card). 

Kindly help me solve this issue. I only have Paypal option available to add (as I don't own any creditcard).

Thank you in advance.

Hi Frederik,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties with your billing method. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I just wanted to let the people know that, like said, deleting the 'Upwork Escrow Payments' in your personak Paypal account settings worked for me!

Thank you again for the quick support!

ae39228f
Community Member

I need help.  The same problem happens all the time - when I want to pay for work done by a freelancer, when I click on the payment button I get "Recent charge failed. And I have already deleted and added different cards again

Hi Oleg,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
84f32ffb
Community Member

After 14 days of constant waiting, team failed to resolve my issue Our payment has been blocked by the party without any reason I am a company owner, can do should make a company owner wait this long?
Even after continuous failure, the team did not address it and did not fix the problem
It only takes two minutes to solve this problem and 14 consecutive days of waiting After this wait the problem is still not solved
How would a company or client think this platform is secure I don't think this platform is secure

Hi Javeria.

I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

The useless team is of no use and does not give any answers or do any not solve problems

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My billing method issue on Upwork

After 14 days of constant waiting, team failed to resolve my issue Our payment has been blocked by the party without any reason I am a company owner, can do should make a company owner wait this long?
Even after continuous failure, the team did not address it and did not fix the problem
It only takes two minutes to solve this problem and 14 consecutive days of waiting After this wait the problem is still not solved
How would a company or client think this platform is secure I don't think this platform is secure

The useless team is of no use and does not give any answers or do any not solve problems

Hi Javeria,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. I checked and can confirm that your issue has been escalated to the appropriate team, who are the experts on this topic. Please continue to communicate with them via support ticket as they are the ones who can best assist you. 

~Andrea
Upwork
fb35f2c7
Community Member

fb35f2c7_1-1684407030071.png

please help me?

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for your message. I can see that you've raised a support ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members is already assisting you. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork

Nobody helps.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Andrii,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with our support team. Please allow  24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you,
Pradeep

Upwork
165045f8
Community Member

I try to send an offer and deposit funds for escrow, but each time there is a message saying "something went wrong on our side, please contact our customer support." Customer support says 24-72 hours to process my request, how to resolve this issue? It's been 2 days since I try to hire a freelancer with no luck. 

Try clearing your cache and cookies and/or using a different browser.  If that does not work, I have pinged a moderator to help you as well.

Hi Karina,

Apologies for any inconvenience this has caused. I checked your account and can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please know that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
0ced963c
Community Member

okay

retailedge
Community Member

This is listed as a "resolved" known issue.... it is not resolved.  I need to receive the work that my freelancer has completed by the end of the month or it's void and useless.  I have been trying to pay her for almost 3 days and still get the error "failed to send bonus".  Have you been hacked?

Hi Jeanette,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review your request and reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
219803e8
Community Member

When i try and hire someone using my paypal it gives me following error.

"Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. If this issue keeps happening, contact customer support."

In my paypal i can see i deposited money but it gets instantly refunded and the message that comes with the refund is that the payment is rejected. I have deposited money on similar platforms like freelancer.com from the same paypal account and it works. I don't know why it won't work here.

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
fe89a2c9
Community Member

I don't understand why you constantly put the blame on the bank. Consider your own shortcomings. Take action toward a solution. More than a hundred others have reported the same problem, and all you're doing is placing the blame on the banks. And they claim that even after doing everything the bank suggests, it will still not work on your system. A major problem exists. Fix it instead than placing blame on financial institutions.

0ddbed24
Community Member

Dear Upwork Support, 

I had created a new paypal profile and tried adding it as a payment method, but it failed because my bank account had not yet been verified by paypal. But now my bank account has been verified has been verified by paypal, and I've been able to add the account to my payment methods in upwork, yet when I try to pay with it, it doesn't even go to paypal and it tells me "Recent Charge Failed". 
I am sure the paypal account works and is verified now, but because I recently tried using it on upwork before it was verified, now I can't use it after it has been verified. What can I do now? 

Hi Amr,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your billing method. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9cf49ecd
Community Member

I'm facing the same issue.

6adc4f5d
Community Member

Hello I am having an issue getting a credit card to go through. I have tried 3 diffrent cards and all are having the same issue. My credit card company says there is not an issue on thier end and that it is not being rejected from them for any reason. Please help!

Hi Andrew,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting paid on your payment method. I can see that you have contacted our Support Team via phone, and a support ticket has been set up. Rest assured that your case has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. Please allow our team time to look into this, and you will get an update on your email and this page once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9f90a876
Community Member

Hello, is the payment system experiencing problems? Been trying to fund a milestone it keeps failing. Im using same crads I've always used, and funds are available in the cards;

Hi Innocent,

I checked your account and can confirm that the charge was declined on our end. Please check with your bank for more information on why the charge was declined. In the meantime, please use an alternative billing method to be able to fund your projects on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork
90c29b5020e89105
Community Member

I cannot see live chat button at bottom of help page.  Do you know why?

Hi Ngu,

Could you please let us know what it is that you need help with so that we could assist you accordingly?

~Andrea
Upwork

I need ability to add ach payments to pay my outstanding invoice.  Can you please create ticket for me?

Hi Ngu,

In order to use your bank account as your billing method, you must have:

• A valid U.S. billing address and bank account
  • Spent at least $1,000 in the last 12-months on Upwork
  • A record of on-time payments through Upwork
  • A back-up billing method: PayPal or credit card

You can learn more about this in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have met all those conditions.  

Hi Ngu,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. I've converted your post into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fddc5fef
Community Member

First milestone payment went through no issue, second was unsuccessful with this error message: Sorry, something went wrong on our end. Please refresh the page and try again. 

I contacted support and followed EVERY suggestion; Deleted and readded card, refreshed the page, restarted my computer for connectivity issues, contacted our banking institution that relayed they had not flagged the payment, tried another card and got the same error. 

I am conviced the issue is on UpWorks end but supprt just tells me to jump through the same hoops. 

We are US based and our hiree is UAE based, I dont know if thats the issue but our compnay card is being used as we speak on other projects with no issue. 

Please, any information or assistance is greatly appreciated. 

We cannot afford to halt development and it isnt fair to our developer. 

Hi Hero,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
04ae3734
Community Member

I can't make the payment with my card.

Hi Thang,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths