🐈
» Forums » Support » Unable to apply to jobs
Page options
b5f0d4dc
Community Member

Unable to apply to jobs

Why am I unable to apply for a job? There are no holds on my account to my knowledge. All "Apply Now" buttons are opaque and can not be clicked.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
b5f0d4dc
Community Member

So does the cash value of the Connects get paid out to the clientlike a lunch or presentation would be consumed by the prospective clientor does it go directly to Upwork?

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35
759e32fa

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for reaching out. I checked but I was not able to replicate the issue that you're having. I don't see any active account holds on your account so you should be able to apply to jobs. However, I can see that you currently have 10 Connects left. Please note that most jobs cost 16 Connects now in order for you to submit a proposal. 

You may want to purchase additional Connects in order to continue applying for jobs. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi! I'm not able to apply for any job. The "Apply now" button doesn't work. What is wrong? Can you help me with that?

Hi Volodymyr,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble submitting proposals. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

My apply now button doesn't function any more, what can I do to reset it?

Hi! I'm not able to apply for any job. The "Apply now" button doesn't work. What is wrong? Can you help me with that?

Hi Nimota,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to vVerify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started here

~ Nikola
Upwork

01504910_0-1714179363407.png

Hi Mohamed,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
b5f0d4dc
Community Member

Why would I have to pay to apply for a job? What is the logic there? People don't pay to apply for jobs in the real world.

Hi Jacob

Freelancing is your business, and like any business owner, you have to make investments to sell your products or services. When business is conducted in person, you might take a prospective client to lunch, spend money on a special presentation, or travel to the client’s business or home to discuss the work. With these steps, you are not only marketing your services, you are also showing potential clients that you are serious about your business and invested in building a working relationship with them. Connects are an investment toward your freelance career.

~ Nikola
Upwork
b5f0d4dc
Community Member

So does the cash value of the Connects get paid out to the clientlike a lunch or presentation would be consumed by the prospective clientor does it go directly to Upwork?

bradhubit
Community Member

Hi! I'm not able to apply for any job. Can you help me with that?

Hi Muhammad,

I checked, and I don't see any limitations on your account that would cause issues with sending proposals. Could you please share more information about the issue you're having so I can check? Are you getting any error messages? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bradhubit
Community Member

Here It is
apply now button not working

Untitled.png

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for following up and sharing this screenshot. I'm sorry that the submit proposal button is not working for you. I have requested the help of our team. Someone will contact you directly via a support ticket to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
dmz_jmz1
Community Member

May I please get some help with this, I am having the same issue.

Hi Damaris,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi guys I have the same issue.  Can someone help me out?

Hi Bram,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2b52c7c0
Community Member

Hello, 

I am also having the same issue. Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you

ef0a3b9b
Community Member

ggs.png

 I am not able o apply for for jobs what happed 

Hi Shreyas,

I see that you've recently raised a support ticket regarding your concern. As soon as the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Wow, so many threads on this topic and so many people having this issue, myself included. And for quite some time now.

What's the problem UW?  Got be systemic, right?  Can't be that so many people are having specific individual issues with Apply Now that you got to fix them case-by-case.  There must some common account issue(s) that is causing this.

Clue is in, so that we are not raising tickets and waiting for days for it to be resolved. Perhaps we can fix it ourselves and move on.

7a9da9e6
Community Member

I am having almost the same problem.  The apply now allows me to click it, but the result is endless rendering.  HELP please

I've been having problems whenever I click on the apply now button.  Every time it keeps rendering and rendering after I've clicked it.  It's been for two days now and I'd really appreciate some assistance as soon as possible.

Plus, I've submitted 6 Purposals (the Connects shows that) and then the system suddenly bumped it down to 5 (with the Connects still showing for 6)

Thank you

Hi Chaddy,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that there are no restrictions so this should not be the case. Have you tried using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may also consider clearing your cache and cookies.

Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll look further into that for you.

Additionally, as a freelancer your profile picture has to accurately represent who you are, it obviously shouldn't be a photo of a place, a design or object, or someone or something else (also, misrepresenting who you are, goes against our Terms of Service.) You may visit this help article for more details on how to choose a good profile picture.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7a9da9e6
Community Member

Thank you for responding Arjay.  I have already cleared the cache and cookies and I've tried using several browsers, but the system still won't let me apply.  Please help asap.

Thank you again!

I will definitely add a profile pic as soon as this issue (unable to apply) is resolved.

Thank you for letting us know, Chaddy. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e6f7fd5c
Community Member

I am having the same issue not able to apply for any job.

Hi Irfan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
lloydvsanchez
Community Member

Hi! need help here. I cant apply for another job, the apply button is grayed out. I'm stuck with a contract. I've submitted my work but the client is unresponsive. I completed the job last Feb 28, 2024. Do I need to wait for 15 days (escrow release) before I get to apply for another job? How can I apply to other jobs while waiting for the client to close the contract?

Hi Lloyd,

That's correct; upon submitting your deliverable on a Fixed-Price contract, your client has 14 days to review it. If after that time your client does not respond, the funds in escrow are automatically released to you. You can see this article for more information. 

For the issue you're having submitting new proposals, we’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
5e904138
Community Member

Hi! I'm unable to apply for a new job. The button to "Apply Now" doesn't work. Please help.

I have attached a screenshot. 

968c7005
Community Member

I am new to Upwork. I added billing info, but I got a notice at the top of my screen saying it needed updated. I updated my billing info and added two billing options. Both are now showing up on my profile settings, unlike before. Although the methods are showing up, I still have two notices at the top of screen. I am unable to apply for jobs. The button is greyed out. Upwork chat said I needed verify my identity, but I didn't see the option listed under account settings. I also do not know how to check if my profile has been verified and approved. I have 50 connects. How can I remove the holds on my account so I can start applying?

Community Member

01504910_0-1714180870240.png

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths