🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Unable to reach Support - Moderators Please H...
Page options
2b106ca6
Community Member

Free connects

I read that I will receive 10 free connects for creating an account and my current balance is 0 connects. I need help. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Genesis,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of completing registration. This gives us time to review your profile and you time to view other freelancer profiles to see what the most successful are including. You can visit the Upwork Academy to learn how to submit great proposals, and much more. Your batch of 50 Connects are valuable and we encourage you to get the most out of them by taking time to learn first. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

953 REPLIES 953

You'll get 40 connect after adding a billing method or verifying your profile.

It'll take about 3 days to verify your profile.

Thank you.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I just added a billing metfhod, and got it!

Hi Yuka,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. If you do not receive your Connects after that time, you may reach out to us again so we can assist you further. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
06560ca1
Community Member

Thank you very much for your reply.

I just added a billing metfhod, and got it!

8b949b43
Community Member

Connects for a new user

I just made my upwork profile and started searching for projects. I found that I need connects to send proposals. Since I am new here, don't I get free connects?
It mentioned in its policy that a new user will get 80 free connects.

Hi Honey,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. This gives us time to review your profile and you time to view other freelancer profiles to see what the most successful are including. You can visit the Upwork Academy to learn how to submit great proposals, and much more. Your batch of 50 Connects are valuable and we encourage you to get the most out of them by taking time to learn first. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here

~ Joanne
Upwork
364dccdc
Community Member

Hi,

My current billing cycle is still showing as Apr 1,2024 to Apr 30,2024 and it is not updated to May 2024 so obviously didn't receive free connects for this month. Kindly check and update accordingly.

Hi Shanthi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork
1025668e
Community Member

Hi I have same issues it's more than 48hrs already but haven't got my free connect pls help

Hi Sherly,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I took a closer look and confirmed that the initial batch of 50 Free Connects has been added to your account. You may validate this by visiting your Connects History page. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Funny enough I don't ever remember receiving this when I joined Upwork many many years ago. However I was wondering if I could get expert vetted, the first one came and went in a flash before I could get ready. 

Hi Emmanuel,

The Expert-Vetted badge is invitation-only, meaning we will reach out to you if you qualify. After being invited, you’ll go through a screening process that tests your abilities and professionalism to make sure you have what it takes to be successful as an Expert-Vetted freelancer or agency. You can learn more about this badge here

- Pradeep

Upwork
0dc92fd2
Community Member

I am new first time register, I have already earned a badge. Yet I have yet to receive any connects. I cannot apply for anything this is sort of ridiculous 

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for your message. The free Connects will be credited to you within 24-48 hours after you have submitted your profile for review. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
5cbc8623
Community Member

Hi,

I'm Kamalapriya Subramanian. I created a new Upwork account for the first time two days ago. I didnt receive the free 50 connects which I'm suppose to get within 48 hours of creating an account with Upwork for the first time.

Thanks,

Kamalapriya

Same here it's has been 48hrs after I signed up but I did not received my 50 free connects. Anyone can help?

Hi Kamalapriyas and Sherry,

Thank you for your message. The 50 free Connects are credited to your Upwork account within 48 hours from the time you submit your profile for review. 

Kamalapriyas, I see that your profile was created in April and you have already received the Connects on April 4th.

Sherry, I see that you have not completed the 48 hours yet. Feel free to message us if you do not receive the Connects after 24 hours from now.

- Pradeep

Upwork
8a023723
Community Member

Actually i have created upwork account 48 hours ago , as per criteria i had to receive 50 connects free but after 48 hours i have only received 10 connects while my profile is 100% complete . kindly check into the matter and issue me my 50 complete connects .

I think your account is under review by Upwork. You will receive connects when your account will be verified.

Hi Kunzul,

I took a closer look at your account and confirmed that the initial batch of 50 Free Connects has been applied to your account. Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community and welcome to Upwork! Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
a7bdd165
Community Member

It has been exactly 48 hours passed since I created the account and have still not received the free 50 connects for first time signing up. 

Hi Rommel,

I checked your account and can confirm that the free Connects are already credited to your Upwork account. You can refer to the Connect History page to check your Connect balance. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
36d435af
Community Member

sb can help me and tell me the reason now i have non connects to bid a work

91306f8c
Community Member

I’ve just created my account in Upwork. But I don’t have any contacts as a new user, in my account it shows 0 contact. I need contacts to try. The bot doesn't help me at all.

Hi Virgoola,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you with more information and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a104ed7d
Community Member

Hi Genesis B,
You will receive 50 connections 48 hours after creating your account..

9ca4e7be
Community Member

Moderators please create a ticket for this issue.

Months ago when I created this account I was told I would recieve and additional 50 connects for adding my payment info. I did but was never credited  those connects.

I tried the chat bot many times... :(. It told me to back then to wait 48hrs and if it still hasn't been updated to contact the support team. So it seems this is the only way to contact support because even the listed phone number sends you back to the useless chat bot so please send this to the support team so a ticket can created and the issue can be resolved. Thank you for your time and help.

Hi Joe,

I'm sorry to hear about the delay in receiving the free Connects and trouble reaching our support team. I see that you're already communicating with one of our team members via a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork
5918f50c
Community Member

Hi! Today I have received 10 connects instead of 50 on account creation. Why my connects are limited to 10?

Hi Syed,

Apologies for the delay in responding to this post. I checked your account and can confirm that the free Connects were already credited to your Upwork account on March 27th. You can refer to the Connect History page to check your Connects balance.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi PradeepH,

Yes I received the remaining connects later the same day.

Thanks for your reply.

1e5b11ca
Community Member

Hello, I registered on the website two or more days ago and did not receive the 50 free connects

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you for reaching out. I see that your initial batch of 50 Connects has been recently credited to your account. You can confirm this by visiting your Connects History page. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cb0f6145
Community Member

I read that I will receive 10 free connects for creating an account and my current balance is 0 connects. I need help.I am new to Upwork, recently created an account, but I have not received any connects yet! It shows I have 0 available connects, requesting for the solution from the community

You shoud contact with customer support service which is available on upwork

Sadly, you can't go nowhere with just 10 connects. Minimum of at least 12 connects for you to apply for a job. You would need to buy more connects for you to be able to send your applications to various job openings. That's how it goes now with Upwork, $$$.

Hi Elnara,

You’ll get a free batch of 50 initial Connects within 48 hours of submitting your profile to join Upwork. This gives us time to review your profile and you time to view other freelancer profiles to see what the most successful are including. You can visit the Upwork Academy to learn how to submit great proposals, and much more. Your batch of 50 Connects are valuable and we encourage you to get the most out of them by taking time to learn first. If you’d like to get access to these 50 Connects faster, you can add a billing method. Once we verify your billing details, your Connects will appear in your Upwork account. Learn more about Connects here

You can monitor the Connects within the day. If it is still not added to your account after 48 hours, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
5f1cff01
Community Member

I created my account and I am supposed to get FREE 10 Connects but It is 0. It already has been 48 hours

Hi Kaung,

Thank you for getting in touch. I have noticed that your initial batch of 50 Connects has recently been credited to your account. You can verify this by visiting your Connects History page.

- Pradeep

Upwork
cb0f6145
Community Member

I am new to Upwork, recently created an account, but I have not received any connects yet! It shows I have 0 available connects, requesting for the solution from the community

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members