🐈
» Forums » Support » How to unhide chat
Page options
67a9b117
Community Member

Unhidding a message

How do I unhide a message that was previously hidden in old conversations?

38 REPLIES 38
JoanneP

Hi Raheim,

You can unhide the chats you've hidden by clicking on show rooms by category> all people and rooms. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
9fe872eb
Community Member

I'm trying to solve the same issue, and I don't see a "category > all people and rooms" menu anywhere on the messages page. If I click on the three dots next to the search box in the left panel of the messages page, I get a pop-up menu as shown below. It doesn't have an "all people and rooms" option; it does have an "All rooms, recent first" option under "FILTER ROOMS BY" which is checked by default, and that *does not* show rooms/conversations that I have hidden. Please see screenshot below.

Message Rooms.png

Hi Amit,

There have been some changes to Messages since this thread was started. However, you should still be able to find previously hidden rooms. You can use the filter you shared on your screenshot and then use the search bar to find the name of the room or the message by keywords. The team is currently working on an improvement that will allow us to filter only hidden rooms and unhide them. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
jassipro
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I'm going through the same issue and am not able to recover hide chats. You're suggesting that need to search the clients by entering their names in the search box. right?

If I don't remember their names then what should I do further to unhide? 

Other suggestions are also welcome

So there's currently no way to unhide chats???
Why didn't you warn us it's an irreversible action?😭

"The team is currently working on an improvement that will allow us to filter only hidden rooms and unhide them. ", 

Been over a year, still waiting for this upgrade. Finding hidden messages in a pain in the bum. 

Hi Farhan,

There’s still no other way but to search for hidden rooms in order to view them. As of now, you can find and unhide the hidden room by searching the name on the search bar. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Until you have this fixed, there should be a warning before you hide a message.  The word "hide" implies that you can un-hide it, which is misleading.  This should be a simple thing to add in.  A bit surprising that with all your talent, that this has not yet been resolved. 

Hi,

I have hidden some of my Upwork Chats in messages, how can I restore/unhide those chats?

Regards,

83786a96
Community Member

I cannot beleive how user UNFRIENDLY this site can be sometimes.   I acceidently Hid a message and now cannot get it back.   So mindboggling obvious and yet it is so hard.   Very frustrating.

8e64860d
Community Member

This does not work on the new message version

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share more information about the issue you experience? If possible please share a screenshot from your end so that we can better assist you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
148665b9
Community Member

There is no option to click  on show rooms by category> all people and rooms. How do you restore hidden chats?

Hi Shelby,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

ook

barbmilone
Community Member

I am having this same issue. I'm looking for an older message that I hid. Since it's hidden, when I search, it does not show up.

Hi Barabara,

Thank you for your message. I just checked and I was able to retrieve hidden messages or room. You will need to use the correct keywords to search the hidden messages.

Thank you,

Pradeep 

Upwork
24a13f02
Community Member

Something has changed recently and I couldn't find a way to unhide a chat

Hi Vadim,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, there have been several updates on the Message Center. Could you please search for the name of the person whose chat was hidden and see if it would pop up? If it doesn't, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
9fe872eb
Community Member

Hi Aleksandar. Perhaps there has been a change in design since the time you wrote your comment, but I am not able to find any option as shown in the screenshot you linked to. Can you please help me know how to unhide rooms/conversations that I have previously hidden?

ad230e42
Community Member

Can we still unhide a chat on Upwork? If yes, how so?

bd88cc1f
Community Member

You can type "a" in the search field, you'll see many previous chats. Try other letters as well.

Brilliant! It worked. Your suggestion is the best option.

Thank you Feras. 

this works!

jassipro
Community Member

Hello All,

A few months back, I had hidden some clients from my Upwork chat which was easy to unhide in the last version of Upwork. 

In the current layout, I'm not able to unhide the previous chat. I don't know the names of clients whom I have hidden but now want to recover them. Any solution for this?

jassipro
Community Member

Few days back I made some client hidden and don't remember their name. So, now i want to recover/unhide them but can't find option to unhide. Previously it was possible but not with newer version of upwork.

Anyone can help me?

Note:: i don't remember their names so don't suggest that search their name in search box. I'm serious for it.

bilsim
Community Member

Do you remember the catagory of this client: interview only, unread, etc? If you go to the message search box, there are three dots, if you click them you will get those options to search. 

Edit: I just saw the hidden ones are not shown this way. 

jassipro
Community Member

Yes, i have checked through 3 dots option but not really helpful. Need different solution for it.

Hi Jaswinder,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Pradeep H wrote:

Hi Jaswinder,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Sound good, i will be waiting for the agent support.

There really needs to be a better system for this. I'm honestly shocked that you removed the simple sort option to show hidden messages. This makes no sense at all. 

Hi,

I have hidden some of my Upwork Chats in messages, how can I restore/unhide those chats?

Regards,

Good luck.

kbadeau
Community Member

This is absurd. There has to be a simple way to unhide messages/clients. I can't be expected to remember anyone's name; I can't remember why I opened the refrigerator. Petra was always the best at stuff like this. I miss Petra. Surely you could unbanish her at this point. She's served her time and she was an invaluable asset to this community.

26a5c872
Community Member

Hi Kelly,

As far as finding all of your hidden messages, just follow the pic example below.

To unhide a message completely, you would have to message the person first and then wait for them to reply which I believe brings the hidden message back into your inbox.

Hidden Messages.jpg

51df5a65
Community Member

THE ANSWER IS TO STAR******* THE HIDDEN CONVERSATION, LOG OUT - LOG IN -  AND THE HIDDEN MESSAGE THREAD WILL RETURN TO YOUR MAIN MESSAGES ! WOOP WOOP

sarahstrother
Community Member

This didn't work for me. The hidden message won't even show up in the favorites, even though if you go to hidden messages, it is starred.

Hi Sarah,

You can find a hidden conversation by typing the client's name or a phrase you remember from the conversation into the search bar above your messages or using the filters to search through hidden and archived conversations. You may want to check this help article to learn more, and let us know if you need further assistance; we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths