🐈
» Forums » Support » Update email (but getting email already in us...
Page options
jessreiddesign
Community Member

Update email (but getting email already in use message)

Hello,

I created an account this evening, but didn't get to publish the account as I was told my phone number is being used with another account.

Realised an old work account I set up and no longer use has my number attached. I log in and go to update the email to my new email... and i get the "email already in use" message.

I login to account i created this evening and delete the account, log back into the old account and I can't update the email to the new one as it's "still in use"

I want my notifications to go to my new email, not an old work email...

Please can someone help.

tried to file a ticket with the bot but was going around in circles....

7 REPLIES 7
ArjayM

Hi Jess,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you here with further assistance in updating your profile information.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0da3067b
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I have the same issue. Can I get a support ticket too?

Hi Chad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep

Upwork
9b4a6017
Community Member

I have the same issue where I have an old account that is closed, but I want to switch over the email in my current account to the email that was on that old account and am getting the "This email is already in use." error. Can I have a support ticket created to assist? 

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As requested, I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
9b4a6017
Community Member

Hi Arjay, 

My ticket got closed. Can a new ticket be made? I'm having the same issue where I have the same issue where I have an old account that is closed, but I want to switch over the email in my current account to the email that was on that old account and am getting the 'This email is already in use.' error. Can I have a support ticket created to assist? The email from the closed account I am trying to copy over is**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thank you,

Claudio

Hi Claudio,

I took a closer look at your case and confirmed that our support team has responded to your previous ticket asking for more information so they can proceed with your account concerns.

I've set up another support ticket to give your case the attention it deserves. I've also forwarded the information you shared so they can proceed with the review. Please expect an update on that ticket once your case is thoroughly checked. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths