🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork Desktop App Not opening on M2 Macbook
Page options
bb7effcf
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App Not opening on M2 Macbook

Hello, i took a break from working on Upwork for 2 years and just now I have downloaded the desktop app to start using it again. I downloaded it from the website as version 5.8.0.31 on Macbook Pro M2 Silicon

After installing and allowing the Developer to be Identitifed on Mac, the app isn't loading. I'm only getting a pop up that says the version for a second, then nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Alexis,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble accessing the Desktop App. Could you please open the Activity Monitor on your Mac and quit the Upwork Desktop App by clicking the Upwork logo under the Process name and hitting the X button? Once done, please try opening the Desktop App again.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bb7effcf
Community Member

Hi Pradeep, thanks for your reply. I tried doing that but after quitting it's still not opening. Attaching a screenshot of all the processes I'm seeing in the Activity Monitor. I also tried downloading both the Upwork Macos Version and the Beta version, both of them aren't working. I am on a Mac Ventura 13.4.1. How can I resolve this?Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 9.56.37 AM.png

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for getting back. I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps did not help. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mitzymaino
Community Member

I'm having the same issue and opened a ticket. I downloaded the Time Tracker, but it won't load even though the icon is in the dock. It says launching and then nothing happens. I've tried the steps above, and even deleting and reinstalling the tracker, and still it won't work. Can you please help me with this issue. 

Hi Mitzy,

I can confirm that the ticket you raised for your Time Tracker concerns has been forwarded to the appropriate team for review. Please allow them 24-48 hours and you will get an update once your case is thoroughly reviewed. We seek your patience and understanding while we sort this out for you. Thank you for reaching out!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths