🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork Profile issues related to search engin...
Page options
ilarsoni
Community Member

Upwork Profile issues related to search engine

This is frustrating as hell. I've noticed a significant drop in job invitations not too long ago. When I reached out to support I didn't get much help and decided to investigate myself. I created a client account on Upwork and started searching for iOS Developers (like myself). First weird thing was that my account didn't appear in search and I scrolled through 10 pages. Why I think that's weird is because I have 100% JJS, $100k+ earned, a ton of great reviews and a Top Rated Plus rating. By any reasonable logic a profile like this should be at least on the first page, if not at the first place.

After that I noticed that by default clients have Top Rated Plus and Top Rated filters turned on when they search for freelancers. I decided to uncheck them and see what's going on there and surprise surprise, my profile showed up at the first place in search. The issue is that it didn't show Top Rated Plus badge that I have and I am 100% sure that's why I stopped getting job invitations.

How can you possibly show someone who has Top Rated Plus badge in search like they don't?! Why do I see my profile in search only if I uncheck Top Rated Plus and Top Rated when I do have a Top Rated Plus badge?!

I hope you are getting this resolved soon because this is just unbelievable.
The platform should be interested in promoting top freelancers because those are people who you earn from the most.

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Seraphim,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.  

We appreciate your patience, 

~ Nikola
Upwork
vfxbynemesis
Community Member

Hi Team,
 I am a top rated seller. But while searching my name with Top rated filter, it is not showing my profile. But after removing the top rated filter, it is showing. Why this happened. Can you please explain. Even though am top rated seller, why my profile not showing in top rated filter. 

Thank You
Ajesh

Hi Ajesh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Search results depend on many factors such as who is searching, when, and whether the search is done for a posted job or not. Additionally, the results chage overtime. Your profile may show on the first page when a client runs a search today but not tomorrow.

~ AJ
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Seraphim and Ajesh,

I am reaching out to you to let you know that issue affecting Top Rated and Top Rated Plus filters is now fixed and filters should now work as designed. If you still experience this issue feel free to let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths