🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork blocked my withdrawals 1st then after ...
Page options
abhimanyu-bind
Community Member

Upwork blocked my withdrawals 1st then after reactivating it suspended financials now for no fault!

I joined Upwork (odesk) about 9 years ago and am now a full-time top-rated freelancer on Upwork with a constant 5-star rating and good feedback. Everything was running smoothly, hiring by clients, timely payments ratings etc. other than some exceptional occasional issues during these years! And then this happened last week!

I received an email from the chargeback department of Upwork stating - 1 of my client (active contract) has filed a dispute in their banks by terming the payment ($40, 20% of which went to upwork as charge) made to me through upwork as fraud (or something similar), and has requested for a reversal!

In response, I submitted proof of working and work delivery to Upwork. In response of this, I got to know from them that, it will take 90 days to Bank to decide the matter, it can be against or in favour of me.

But then shockingly, withdrawals from my account was being blocked on next day, and within the next 48 hrs., a total $ 40 (including upwork share also) debited out of my current funds and paid to the client's Bank!

Upwork Customer Service, simply ignored my queries regarding this, which were, why upwork share was debited and paid from my current balance?  What about the payment protection Guarantee given by upwork to Contractors? What if every next client chooses this way to get their funds back?

Ironically, they closed the ticket without answering these prominent questions!

And it was not over there,

Today, in the early morning when I tried to withdraw my last week's earnings, I got to know my financial Account has been suspended by Upwork! I was asked to contact customer service, I filed a ticket and waiting for their response! 

I am still unable to know or understand, what went wrong from my side!

I am feeling harassed and discouraged, finding it very very difficult to work and complete my current assignments! 

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Abhimanyu,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
abhimanyu-bind
Community Member

Hi thank you for taking note,

1) The first part about the chargeback went unanswered again.

2) For the second part, I updated the payment method in my client account and then only after that, my earned funds in my freelancing account freed!

Here, I did not understand the motto behind blocking someone's earnings if s/he is not active in their client's account! It is problematic! And this specific question went unanswered though I have an open ticket for this now.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths