🐈
» Forums » Support » Upwork takes 2 weeks to verify income and sen...
Page options
2a6c2b42
Community Member

Upwork takes 2 weeks to verify income and send ONE email?!! is everyone asleep???

You know what is disheartening, being on a platform for years, that heavily charges fees from your jobs and when it comes time to offer support there is none. Being sent templated emails without any concern or urgency for sending information that doesn't take 30 seconds to send.

I have been waiting now for 2 weeks for some pencil pusher at Upwork to read an email sent by a financial institution i am doing retirement planning with to verify my income (i.e the pdf with my profile data sent to the institution). That's it, that's all. All someone needed to do was verify that what I have sent is actually what is on my profile. I have been asked to send the institution my permission and signature so they can send it to upwork along with their request for verification, that's been done since i was informed. And in two weeks, no one at Upwork has responded to them, and i cannot make retirement plans anywhere unless the person responsible for this at Upwork actually does their job and sends that ONE email.

I have sent numerous emails to which I have only received jarred responses from low-tier agents... so i guess the plan was use people to make millions of dollars, but offer them no real support that is strong enough to validate their hard work online as a freelancer so they can make financial plans, or be respectable adults. Thanks a ton Upwork, your disregard and lack of concern for the third-world country labourers of your platform is heard 👍🏽 speaks volumes. 

1 REPLY 1
AndreaG

Hi Christina,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Getting your retirement plans in order is highly important for anyone, I understand your frustration. I checked your account and would like to assure you that your concern has been escalated to the highest level of support available. I can see you've been communicating with them today, please continue to do so as they are the ones who can best assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths