🐈
» Forums » Support » Withdrawal Method Keeps getting Disabled
Page options
520363bd
Community Member

Withdrawal Method Keeps getting Disabled

Every time I try to withdraw funds from Upwork into my bank account directly, at first it says the transaction was successful, immediately after it gives a notification that the transaction failed and the money was returned back to my Upwork account.

I have double checked my bank details I entered. Everything looks fine. The only thing that might be the reason is that there is no exact swift code for my bank branch, so instead I used the swift code for my bank's head office.

I doubt that should be an issue because my cousin (who did the same) has no issues withdrawing funds.

I understand a reason can be that my legal name and bank account name is just my first name. I have no last name. But on Upwork it was mandatory to write a last name. So perhaps my name isn't matching up on Upwork which is causing the transaction failure? But if that's the case Upwork should have notified me their concerns about my identity! 

I'd be grateful if someone helped me figure this out. I cannot resort to other options like TransferWise because it is not available in my country yet. 

2 REPLIES 2
b4b9cc2c
Community Member

I've also encountered the same issue. You need to provide certain documents that they will request via email. You can either choose to withdraw your funds through Payoneer. I had to opt for the local bank withdrawal.

NikolaS

Hi Aairus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths