🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I can't on my availability badge
Page options
saima_faisal
Community Member

Availability Badge

Hello, there was a long gap in my work pattern, now that I have returned and would like to begin work I am not getting any success with my job proposals. Let me know:

1) Is it because of the reason the Availability Badge is turned off? 

- i tried but couldnt switch it on as the message said I am not earning so I can't 😞

- So whats the solution for that?

2) Also, can anyone share links to any tutorials related to writing Upwork proposals and pitching in to the clients? I may as well check out those to improve myself.

Thanks!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

View solution in original post

213 REPLIES 213
PradeepH

Hi all,

You can turn the Availability Badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Clients will see your badge in search results, recommendations, and on your profile. They can also use an "Available now" filter to see who has the badge on when they’re inviting freelancers to submit a proposal, which can show you’re ready and eager for new work. 

Turning on the Availability Badge is a way to use your Connects to control your workflow and manage your time. The weekly price of the badge may fluctuate, but you control how your Connects are used, so you determine the maximum number you’d like to spend in a week. If at any point the cost of the badge exceeds what you’ve set as your maximum, we will turn the badge off automatically. You will not be charged a weekly rate more than what you’ve set as your maximum.

Please keep in mind that you profile will need to be public in order to turn the Availability Bagde on. If your profile is locked private because of inactivity, you can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Thank you,
Pradeep
Upwork

Hello!

I've been having issues with my availability badge. It was on before, but due to my connects I'd to turn it off for a period of time. I do have connect now and I've been trying to turn it on but it showing an error code. Please help me out. 

Hello!

I've been having issues with my availability badge. It was on before, but due to my connects I'd to turn it off for a period of time. I do have connect now and I've been trying to turn it on but it showing an error code. Please help me out. 

Hi Maranatha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've set your profile visibility to public. You should be able to turn your availability badge on now. Please let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be here to help!

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you

Hi Annie. I'm having same issue with my availability badge. I already have connects and have been already invited and accepted a proposal already and currently working but sill my availability badge cannot be turned on. 

Looking forward for your prompt response and resolve this matter soon. Thank you.

Hi Sheryl,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility is set to the public now. Could you please try to turn on the availability badge now? Let us know if the issue persists. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
65c5e8ce
Community Member

Hello Nikola, 

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I am abke to turn on my availability badge now. 

God bless you! :heart_suit:

ibalthaf
Community Member

Hi Annie Jane,

I am facing the same problem with my Availability badge. Could you kindly help me set it to Public. Appreciate your assistance in this regard.

Hi Althaf,

Thank you for reaching out. I can also see that your account is on a Private Status, which is why you're not having the option to turn your Availability Badge on. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status.

You can now turn your availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
yaz_lee
Community Member

Hi Annie Jane,

I am facing the same problem with my Availability badge. Could you kindly help me set it to Public. Appreciate your assistance in this regard.

--Yazmin

Hi Yazmin,

Thank you for reaching out. Your profile visibility has been set to public.

~ AJ
Upwork
yaz_lee
Community Member

Thanks a lot, AJ!

- Yazmin

Hi! I'm also having trouble turning on my availability.  I can't seem to find anywhere where there is the setting to do this.  Would you be able to assist?

Thanks, in advance!

-Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You can also turn your availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. You can follow this process in turning your Visibility Badge on:

• Go to Find Work and look at your profile banner on the right side of the screen. Select the pencil icon ✎ next to Availability Badge.
  • Set your maximum amount of Connects you want to spend in one week to keep the badge on. If the price changes to exceed this number, we will turn the badge off for you.
  • Select Turn On

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi! I've been having issues with my availability badge as well as the others, please help me reset my profile visibility to public. Thanks in advance!

Hi Melvin,

Thank you for reaching out. I can also see that your account is on a Private Status, which is why you're not having the option to turn your Availability Badge on. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status.

You can now turn your availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
topntch
Community Member

Hello, Arjay! 

Can you also please reset my account status to Public Status? I will appreciate as I am having the same problem. 

Thank you in advance. 

Hi Johnson,

Your profile visibility has been reset to public. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

My availability badge is also off would you help me out?

Hi Beena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can follow this process in turning your Visibility Badge on:

• Go to Find Work and look at your profile banner on the right side of the screen. Select the pencil icon ✎ next to Availability Badge.
  • Set your maximum amount of Connects you want to spend in one week to keep the badge on. If the price changes to exceed this number, we will turn the badge off for you.
  • Select Turn On

You can also access the badge on your profile, under your name at the top of the page. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Annie,

Please ma, i'm also experiencing same issue.

What do I do?

Hi David,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public. Please try again.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi., please help me., I'm unable to turn my availability badge on. 

Hi Novera,

It looks like your account is on a Private Status which is why you're not having the option to turn your Availability Badge on. I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to Public Status. You can now turn your availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
sasan258
Community Member

Hi, 

I'm also having the same issue. Can you please help?

Thanks

Hi Christian Paul,

Thank you for reaching out. Yes! I can definitely help you with this. I have reset your profile visibility back to Public Status. You can now turn your availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Please I'm facing the same challenges

Hi Elijah,

Would you please share more details about the issue you're currently experiencing so we can better assist you? If you'd like to turn your availability badge on, you can follow this process:

• Select Turn On

Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hello!

Hi Sohail,

Thank you for your message. I checked your profile and noticed that your profile is set to private. I have reset your profile and the visibility is set to Public now. Could you please try switching on your Availability badge now? 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello!

Hi Uma,

I am sorry to hear about the issue while turning on the Availability badge on your Upwork profile. I checked your profile and noticed that your profile was set to private. This was stopping you from using the Availability badge on your Upwork profile.

I am pleased to inform you that your profile visibility is set to Public now. Feel free to turn on the Availablity badge now and let us know if you still face any issue.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have 100+ connects available but I haven't been able to turn my availability badge turn on. Can you please help me out with it?

Hi Asim,

Thank you for reaching out. In order to turn your Availability Badge on, you have to set your profile visibility to public. I've just updated your profile visibility so you may try turning on your Availablity Badge now. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page

~ AJ
Upwork
pmwita
Community Member

Hi., please help me., I'm unable to turn my availability badge on too.

regards,

Peter 

Hi Peter,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7d1821c8
Community Member

The main reason could be the Status of Profile . Your profile must be
turned private by Upwork and it will only be visible to all people when you
earn some revenue.

Hi Annie. I'm having same issue with my availability badge. I can't turn on my badge.. I have connect but the badge can't turn on. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths