🐈
» Forums » Support » can't open a dispute
Page options
e3daeee4
Community Member

can't open a dispute

I had a contract with $400 in escrow. I submitted the first milestone for $200 and did the next 2, but couldn't submit them, since I was waiting for approval for the first one. When I informed the client that all work is done (I sent the link to repo in the first submission), he deleted the last 2 milesones and ended the contract. I can't open a dispute. I think this is because I wanted to change the price of the last milestone from $100 to $200 and tried changing the contract.

2 REPLIES 2
saimaansari
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your contract. It sounds frustrating. Unfortunately, once a client ends a contract, it can be challenging to dispute any issues related to it.

Regarding the price adjustment for the last milestone, it's possible that attempting to change the contract terms could have led to complications. It's essential to communicate any changes or adjustments to the client before making modifications to the contract.

In this case, since the contract has been ended and the milestones deleted, you may want to reach out to the client directly to discuss the situation and see if there's a possibility of resolving it amicably. If you're unable to reach a resolution with the client, you can consider reaching out to Upwork's support team for further assistance and guidance.

I hope you're able to find a satisfactory resolution to this issue.

Best regards,

Saima

LuiggiR

Hi Przemyslaw,

I'm sorry to learn about your recent experience. In the future, you should not deliver the entire work on a single milestone if you've set expectations with your client to have multiple milestone payments for each job completion stage. Having a milestone funded for the portion of the job you're delivering is an essential requirement for Fixed-Price Protection.

That said, I've escalated your concern to our Customer Support team via a support ticket so they can further investigate this for you. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths