🐈
» Forums » Support » how long before clients respond
Page options
d82b78cc
Community Member

how long before clients respond

Hi, I've been on Upwork for a week and have sent about five propsals, Can someone please advise why its taking so long to gain a response or to book a client?  I want to start working asap.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jasminevclark
Community Member

Upwork is a long-term game. It may be hard at the beginning but once you get a few clients, it gets easier. One week being here and five proposals isn't much. You'll have to send a lot more proposals. But just make sure you're writing every proposal carefully, customizing each proposal to address details mentioned in the job description. Only apply for jobs that are a good fit for your skills and experience. Make sure your profile and proposals clearly communicate why you're a great fit for the job -- include specific details that explain your skills, not vague statements like "I'm a hard worker" and "I have excellent communication skills" or things like that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
069cc2a0
Community Member

You might have to send out 20 proposals before getting any response. Just hang in there and stay positive.

Thank you Steven I'll hang in there, fingers crossed

jasminevclark
Community Member

Upwork is a long-term game. It may be hard at the beginning but once you get a few clients, it gets easier. One week being here and five proposals isn't much. You'll have to send a lot more proposals. But just make sure you're writing every proposal carefully, customizing each proposal to address details mentioned in the job description. Only apply for jobs that are a good fit for your skills and experience. Make sure your profile and proposals clearly communicate why you're a great fit for the job -- include specific details that explain your skills, not vague statements like "I'm a hard worker" and "I have excellent communication skills" or things like that.

Thank you Jasmine, I appreciate your advice

spectralua
Community Member

5 is nothing. 50 is nothing too. I sending 100s with no luck but i have some reputation and knowledge. 99 from 100 never viewed by "client".

Really, wow, I'm so sorry! You should be getting more views and replies after sending 100 proposals. I don't know what's going on with that but I really hope you find more success soon.

Im sorry Mykola, i always believe in asking for good critque, its seems to help when gaining others perspective on how to improve, thats my advice atleast. I wish you the best of luck 

jasonkgreen73
Community Member

I currently have 22 submitted proposals and one active proposal. The active proposal was an interview I had almost two weeks ago. Of those 22 submitted proposals, only seven have been viewed by the client. I've had projects that had a fast turnaround, meaning from when it was posted to when I was hired, it was only a few days. That very much seems to be the exception. 

The nice thing is, I can see that the active proposal went from interviewing ten applicants to now interviewing four. So, it appears I'm still in the running. The client just isn't moving as fast as I would like.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths