🐈
» Forums » Support » i can't apply for job
Page options
29df2522
Community Member

Account Suspended

I have completed 10 time identity card, Tax Card, resident card, and when started my upwork account that time also confirm my identity and upwork client account in also confirm my credit card and ATM card.

My freelancer massage me I am fraud but I am not but I can't reply because my account is restricted all call me fraud my reputation became damage please fast solution now 

I have attached

Passport 

Tax payers card

Government I'd card 

Election Card

I'm from India please help me send your number and call me and video chat and verify me my all project are stopped 

Please immediately activate 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Jigar,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket on this page and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

140 REPLIES 140
bd300568
Community Member

dear community, please , i need help . my profile is 100% complete and i was doing well before . but, recently i noticed that i can't apply for any job even though my skills and experienced settings everything meet up and every other criteria requires.

secondly, my profile is asking me to do verification after done that before during the day of profile creation and i try to do verification with my government approved ID card but not accepting . what should i do?

Hi Ajine,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. I'm sorry you're having difficulties verifying your ID. Rest assured that one of our agents will contact you on this page to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork
79cbfc84
Community Member

Hello everyone,

So I've been a top-rated Upwork dev for around 9 years now and recently my primary email bound to my Upwork account was hacked. When I tried to log in to my account after a couple of days I received the message that my password might have been stolen so I needed to change it (well I have 2-factor authentication enabled so they couldn't have login but changing my password was mandatory). So I tried to change my password and on the last step it errored with something like "this information is not found".
When I tried to log in, neither the new nor the old password was accepted so I couldn't log in and I contacted the support team. They first suspended my account so it wouldn't get abused, but they did not help me further with it at all. It's been 10 days now that I've started a ticket and I've not received any help. Of course, in the beginning, they answered a couple of my tickets and said not to open a new ticket and to follow up on the old ticket( which I cannot follow up, on since I cannot log in and I cannot access my tickets!). I told them I could not follow up but I think the tickets were immediately closed and I did not receive any responses from them.
Long story short, I had to create this temporary account to help me retrieve my old account back. I made a suspension appeal here but it was instantly solved with a response that the account with my old email is not found! Honestly, I don't know what else could I do.
Any help regarding this issue is appreciated 🙂

Best regards,
Pedram

Hi Pedram,

I'm truly sorry for the inconvenience you've faced due to the security breach and the subsequent challenges in accessing your account. Your situation is concerning, and I understand the urgency in resolving it.

I've escalated your case to the team handling your account once again for immediate attention. Please rest assured that we're actively investigating the issue and working to restore access to your original account. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further. 

Thank you for your patience and cooperation throughout this process. We'll do everything we can to assist you in retrieving your account. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I've still not received any message from your team. I want to say again that my old account has not been stolen since I have two-factor authentication enabled on my account, so I just need a healthy reset password link and reactivation of my account and everything else should be fine. I would be more than happy to help with identification or any other ways necessary to help the support team.

Thank you

ea6f016f
Community Member

Why this messeage is showing can anyone help me

ea6f016f_0-1715343734556.png

All you have to do is click on the let's fix the problem link and it will take you to customer service page.

ubangha
Community Member

How pls

Hi Ankit,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The relevant team has already contacted you via a support ticket with more information about your account status. Please refer to your ticket for more details, and don't hesitate to follow up with the team if you have any questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
43a4253f
Community Member

I have a notice that my account is suspened due to "issues with payment method on file". But when I go to update it, there are no issues. I cannot remove my primary payment method (PayPal), and when I try to add it again I can't because it's says it's already a payment method.

Then when I go to help and support, I get a notice that I do not have access to that page. What is going on?

Thanks

Hi Ben,

I'm very sorry for any frustration this could've caused. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
57995c85
Community Member

My Account has been suspended. Kindly check and resolve it ASAP.Screenshot 2024-05-12 001928.png

Hi Amresh,

I'm sorry to learn about the status of your account. We'll have one of the support team members contact you here with more information and further assistance in resolving the issue.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c5198f64
Community Member

Hello,

I have my account suspended without notice and I can't seem to understand why up work can not reinstate it back. 

This situation is deplorable and I'm getting frustrated and tired of writing to support for the same issue. 

All my funds aree blocked on upwork. 

Can someone help? 

Se below the two other posts on this issue. 

My Upwork account has been suspended with neither notice nor explanation of what is going on. My Old account which permanently blocked is now reinstated meanwhile my new account is still suspend 

Hi Enda,

I'm truly sorry to hear about the frustration and inconvenience you're experiencing due to the suspension of your account. I understand how distressing it can be to have your account suspended without notice, especially when it impacts your ability to access your funds.

I checked your account and it appears that your account is already restored now. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you every step of the way.

- Pradeep

Upwork
zainhassan204
Community Member

Hi People,  I have this ticket #46474652. Not getting a reply from days, it's been a month now and the verfication process is already completed.

Hi Zain,

I'm deeply sorry to hear about the frustration and inconvenience caused by the suspension of your account. I understand how distressing it can be to have your account suspended without notice, especially when it impacts your ability to access your funds.

I have checked your account, and I'm glad to inform you that it has been successfully restored. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you every step of the way.

- Pradeep

Upwork
ce055b00
Community Member

I've invited a fellow freelancer onto the platform and after a couple weeks of joining and getting clients he got suspended all of a sudden. We cannot get help as he isn't able to login to the platform. A likely cause is him using Google sign in and trying to use password afterwards on auth pages. I am confident that Upwork TOS hasn't been breached and request an Upwork employee to address the issue and help restore the account. 

He would be able to provide govt issued id, or other identification methods to ensure he is actually him. This incident does not reflect well on Upwork as his clients are also disrupted. They'd prefer him being able to keep working while the issue was resolved but apparently he hasn't been able to get a reply back from the support team. This matter is also personal to me as I was planning to use him as a freelancer as well. I am also distrupted as I cannot contract with him.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Awaiting your reply, best regards

Hi Emir,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations.
Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Joanne
Upwork
044c48e5
Community Member

Hi

I hope whoever reads this is in best of spirit and health today my account got suspended instantly as soon as i bought connects my bank deducted money from my bank account too it wasnt a scam. Please help

Hi Dawar,

I reviewed this account and confirmed that it's free of restrictions. Also, I can't seem to find it. Could you please confirm if you're referring to a different account? We're looking forward to your response so that we can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
7519fb1f
Community Member

Hi Arjay
Thank you for replying :).I am deleting that id and all other unused ids and keeping only one.

today as soon as i bought connects my account got suspended my bank account deducted money from my account but upwork banned me please hlep

19c7af64
Community Member

Hi,

Our account has been suspended and we have not received any email explaining the reasons. We opened a ticket, but more than 48 hours have passed and we still haven't received a response. We are in the final stage of a project, and this is quite problematic. We are unsure if any documentation is missing or if something else is happening. Please help us.

Best regards,

Hi Sergio,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
19c7af64
Community Member

Thank you so much

19c7af64
Community Member

Nikola,

We are waiting for the resolution of the issue. Could you kindly update us on the status? We responded to the request, but another 48 hours have passed and we still have not received a response. If you could get in touch with the relevant department, it would be very helpful.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hi Sergio,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we have been waiting since Wednesday. We are waiting to complete the project and move forward. If you could kindly notify the relevant department to resolve the issue, I would greatly appreciate it. I have written in the ticket again today to see if we can get it finished.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards,
Sergio

Hi Sergio, 

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2bb0573c
Community Member

I have open a clinet account used my company, and posted a project and after few days my account suspended, I didn't receive any email, I tried to open a ticket but no respond 7 days ago and there;s no update! 

I think upwork they don't craes about us anymore! 

Hi Mohamed,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will contact you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0e6703e8
Community Member

Hello

Passed 2 more day and I haven't got any response from support. I'm waiting about 2 months to solve my probleme.

please i'm waiting for your response .

Hi Mustapha,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. The team just recently shared an update with you via your ticket. Kindly refer to it and don't hesitate to follow up with them if you have additional questions 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1b94de26
Community Member

It's been 4 days Upwork has suspended my account and not allowing withdrawals. My available balance is $5400 but neither I can withdraw nor I can refund to client because the client has cancelled the contract due to this issue and asking for full refund which is his right. I haven't shared any final project files either to client so he is thinking like he is gonna lose the money + no work. Upwork is causing all this nonsense. During this verification I have verified my identity twice successfully. But Upwork isn't responding. Not resolving the issue. How long generally Upwork takes to resolve such issues? In any case can Upwork take the money and block both client and freelancer? 

account issues can take varying amounts of time to resolve. It's best to contact Upwork support for specific information about your account situation.

Hi Muhammad,

We understand how important it is for this issue to be resolved in a timely manner. I can confirm that the support ticket you raised has been escalated to the appropriate team for further review. We suggest that you continue coordinating with the team through a single active ticket on this page so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3e99293d
Community Member

1. Account is suspended after I validated my credit card payment for connects (Just bought connects earlier in the exact same day using the exact same credit card).

2. Do as per instructed by email received to link PayPal to my account instead to lift the suspension, but it doesn't work.

It is very frustrating and discouraging, provided I had just submitted lots of proposals and consuming lots of connects. 

Please assist. 

Emailed to Upwork Support. Problem solved within hours, though not sure whether submitted proposals will be cancelled or not. 

For anyone out there can't find the customer support email (It takes me hours to find) : support@upwork.com

Hi Fion,

I see that the billing method in question has been removed. The team has taken action and lifted the hold on your account. Your account is now active. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths