🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: need help
Page options
c3cbc0bc
Community Member

need help

Hello, I received the proposal from the employer. He sent me terms as the message and gave me a deadline. as it was my first project, I sent the work done (articles) in the messages as an attachment. Now he is not responding, not creating an offer to get paid for the work done. What can I do? I did not know I needed to submit work differently.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Nino T wrote: 

need help

Hello, I received the proposal from the employer. He sent me terms as the message and gave me a deadline. as it was my first project, I sent the work done (articles) in the messages as an attachment. Now he is not responding, not creating an offer to get paid for the work done. What can I do? I did not know I needed to submit work differently.

You are not likely to get paid.  Upwork can't help you unless you had a formal Upwork contract in place. Never do any work until after the client has sent you an offer which you have accepted. You will receive the offer from Upwork via your email

Please read everything there is to read about the site before sending proposals, or accepting invitations.  

What you can do, since the client has not paid you, and you own the copyright to your work,is to inform him that you will be selling your articles elsewhere, and/or using them as portfolio pieces in your profile. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
18003a73
Community Member

There is option to "Submit work for payment" , Submit your work there and message the client. If client doesn't respond within 2 days go to help and support section and tell this issue to support staff. I think they wait for 14 days for client to respond if client didn't respond they will close the milestone and you will get the money. Hope this will help you.

Aryan G wrote:

There is option to "Submit work for payment" , Submit your work there and message the client. If client doesn't respond within 2 days go to help and support section and tell this issue to support staff. I think they wait for 14 days for client to respond if client didn't respond they will close the milestone and you will get the money. Hope this will help you.

This only applies when you have a formal Upwork contract in place. The OP delivered work before an offer was sent. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Nino T wrote: 

need help

You are not likely to get paid.  Upwork can't help you unless you had a formal Upwork contract in place. Never do any work until after the client has sent you an offer which you have accepted. You will receive the offer from Upwork via your email

Please read everything there is to read about the site before sending proposals, or accepting invitations.  

What you can do, since the client has not paid you, and you own the copyright to your work,is to inform him that you will be selling your articles elsewhere, and/or using them as portfolio pieces in your profile. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths