🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Changed phone number
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Deserie,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, I changed country and I can't update some of my profile data, because I no longer have the old mobile phone number (it has been changed). How can I update the number on my profile?

Thanks.

Hi Marcelo,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to update your profile because of this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4ece46ef
Community Member

Trying to sign up, can not verify phone.

Something went wrong. Please try again later.

Send Code

Phone number must be verified

Hello Ray,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I'm trying to complete my profile and I also haven't recieved a code. Can you help me too please?

Hi Laura,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Please help and assist. I can't access my account without the code that has been sent out on my old number. Please assist on how to access and update my contact details. Cheers

Hi Kriszie,

I've escalated your cocern to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket

~ Joanne
Upwork

Not getting verification code to my phone.

I’m not receiving a verification code to my phone number. I’ve tried multiple times. Please help.

Hi Taylor,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the code yet. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, I hate to ask this question because last time I asked something I am still getting a ridiculous amount ot emails about that question that are no help at all.

But, I cannot login to my profile setting because the confirm SEND is grayed out. I have the mobile Upwork app and it is launch.

Hi Steven,

Could you please try using a different browser or logging in from your computer to see if the issue persists? If so, please send a screenshot so we could check. 

By the way, it sounds like you're subscribed to the thread where you posted your questions and are being notified via email every time there is a new post. If you click on your profile picture at the top right-hand corner and select My Subscriptions, you should be able to unsubscribe and stop receiving those emails.

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm also having a similar issue, however, the system will not accept my phone number at all, so I can't get it verified. Please help. Thank you!

Hello! I am also having the same issue. Is someone able to connect with me to help resolve this? Thank you!

Hi Jenna,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

HI!i am having the same issue i don't receive the text message or call for verification of my phone number, can you help?

HI! I am having the issue I don't receive the text message or call for verification of my phone number, can someone help? Thanks in advance

Hi Aigerim,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
41df9938
Community Member

I had two factor authentication on, have changed phone number and cannot access my account. Where can I ago to fix this?

Hi Bjarte,

Are you referring to another account? If so, could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi i have the same problem. I have switched phone numbers having lost my last one and now have no access to any of my settings. Can this authentication be removed and replaced with a new number?

Hi Celina Georgette,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5277e6a1
Community Member

I did a factory reset on my phone and suddenly I don't have any access on my Upwork Qr code/ 6 digits code for my authenticator app.

Please help me I can't proceed to settings and get paid because of Authenticator App.

Hi Orlen Paul,

I already followed up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update on the ticket you created very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

No access to my Authenticator app my IPad was stolen and I forgot my Qr code.

Can you please help me? 

Hi Mary,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I forgot my Qr code and 6 digits code for my Upwork account.

Hi Nuramanina,

I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue. I uninstalled my authenticator app on my phone and can't scan the QR code or get the 6 digits code.

Hi Martin, 

I'm sorry if this has caused any inconvenience on your end. I can see that you have already accessed your account. Do you still need help? 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi Avery, yes I still need assistance in disabling the authenticator since I always get the "Authorize your device" page and don't have access to the authenticator app. I appreciate it if someone from the technical team can contact me through my email. Thank you! Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 3.03.10 PM.png

Hi Martin,

Thanks for following up. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

There is the message from my friend **Edited for Community Guidelines**. She can't access her account. I'll pass on your answer to her. Thank you.

Dear Aleksandar,
I have similar problem. Default verification step for my account was authenticator app, and I have changed my cell phone so now the app is not synced with my Upwork account and I cannot enter to my account on my desktop computer. I have just one option to enter code. How this can be solved since I cannot enter to account and find help in community center?
Thank you in advance,
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Marjana,

Please know that we are not able to discuss details of another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please let your friend know, she can reach out to us directly via our different support channels and we'll be happy to assist her.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

i changed my phone and forget to scan my authenticator now unable to go to setting.

Hi Ali,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
366cc1ce
Community Member

Hello, I also did not receive a verification code.

Hi Uloaku,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't receive the verification code. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths