🐈
» Forums » Support » payment issue (cannot add bank card)
Page options
4e1a00e7
Community Member

payment issue (cannot add bank card)

Hello

I am trying to hire a worker for a job and am facing troubles when trying to charge the amount to my CHIME DEBIT card.

I have used this payment method in times past (under another client account that I was unable to recover) and am wondering if this is failing due to payment method being stored on that account thus locking transactions from this one?

I am getting pending transactions incoming on my bank app, and then they are almost immedietely reversed and I am given error: Sorry, we couldn't charge the billing method you selected. Please try a different one. If you still need help, contact customer support.

2 REPLIES 2
4e1a00e7
Community Member

I read a few posts about the site having a preference of using credit cards over debit so I just attempted again to make the transaction and was met with the exact same result.

Between a Mastercard Prepaid Debit, Chime Debit, Chime Credit, & PayPal. Every method is being denied on my end of things according to upwork while every attempt is showing an attempt to charge my accounts before getting reversed.

I have checked with chime and they said all my transactions should be fine for processing, which leads me to believe I must have some sort of issue directly here on this site.

NikolaS

Hi Josiah,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths