🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Financial transactions for my account hav...
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769
62127f8f
Community Member

Yes. I've opened a support ticket and explained everything to them but they said that another agent will contact me. But I know that this won't help because I tried this many times. They do not help. They just reply with a denying message to my reactivation application and close the ticket. I'm asking help from you. Please show me a way. Can you help me reactivate my previous account? Or can I use the new account without any interruptions?

62127f8f
Community Member

Contact through **Edited for Community Guidelines** . They will help you reactivate your account if there is any way.

934b3473
Community Member

Hi.

I checked my account and found this:

"Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support."

I haven't check my account for a long time. I want to continue working in this platform, but can't now. I would be glad to get help to unlock my account now

Hi Shabbir,

I checked and can confirm there are no limitations on your account at the moment!

~Andrea
Upwork
m_kyianytsia
Community Member

can't submit a proporsal but I'm from Ukraine, not from Belarus or Russia.

Hi Mariia,

I see there is a hold on your account but it's not due to your location. You can find more information about your account status in this support ticket.
I'll let the team know that you're following up on your account status and they'll be assisting you directly with that.

~ Valeria
Upwork
c7ff9f63
Community Member

Hi,

I am Usama. I am here to help my friend. 

It's a long story but if anyone tries to understand it then it will be helpful for him. He is a freelancer like us. He was a Top-rated freelancer with 100 percent JSS on Upwork and the owner of a newly created agency. I was getting work from his agency

So here is the problem that resulted in the ban of his account,

He applied for a job post about 16 days ago and in return, he received a message from the client. The client simply sent his WhatsApp number in the message and told my friend to contact him on WhatsApp. He contacted that number and the client sent him another job post link and told him to apply for that job. He asked the reason for hiring him from a different account. The Client replied " that is just for looking freelancers like you, not for hiring" 

He applied for that job and the client Instantly hired him. As payment was through Upwork so there was no violation for keeping contact on Whatsapp as some clients want the projects to be confidential. It was all fine till then.

Then the client told him that he has to do nothing. He will send the files to my friend on Whatsapp and he just has to deliver those files on Upwork.

In return, he demanded 75 percent amount through Payoneer and told him that he can keep 25 percent amount. He said that he will keep on giving more projects to him if it goes well. He asked my friend that he will send the file after two days and after 7 to 8 days money will be in his account then he should send him the 75 percent amount.

My friend searched about that in Upwork rules and regulations as he was not aware of this kind of scam. He instantly reported to customer support against him and told them the whole issue on the same day of placing the order. He sent them all the information. His Whatsapp number, Chats, Call history, etc. They opened a ticket for that issue named "Reporting a Client" and told my friend to wait for 24 to 48 hours as the issue is forwarded to the Upwork trust and safety team. 

Then the client asked him to deliver the file after two days on Monday 18th April. 

He had told the customer support already that the client will ask him to deliver the file on Monday 18th April. So, he should deliver him or not. Some were saying his account looks fine. Some were telling him copy-pasted answers. Some were also saying to him that he should use his own mind. 

The Client also threatened him that he will cancel the order If my friend will do something suspicious. As he was the Top-rated seller he decided to deliver the file. Because a canceled contract would have resulted in losing the Top-rated badge. And my friend was aware that the Upwork team is working on this issue. Now everyone will ask why he delivered the order. The reason is that if my friend had canceled the contract his JSS would have been below 90 and he didn't want to lose that. It was the Upwork team's responsibility to guide him. Because he is an expert in writing not in dealing with scams. 

Then suddenly they suspended his account and asked him to provide details. He did that and after a day they told him that he is involved with the Client and his account will remain permanently banned. 

He kept on trying to give evidence of every type but they didn't reinstate his account. 

I want to ask everyone If someone tries to make Upwork a better place his account will be blocked? Or tell me if Upwork bans account of freelancers if it didn't succeed in catching the scammers. Or why did my friend tell Upwork about his scam if my friend was involved?

We are almost 34 members who were working in his agency. We all think that Upwork has not done the right thing with us and him. Agency is now closed too.

He tried to prove that he has no link with the client. He searched for the same Job and found this job from a different account. It's clear from this job that my friend is getting the punishment for making Upwork a better place.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The job is still in progress. I am not saying anything about this freelancer and this client. I just want everyone to carefully understand his issue after seeing these pictures that he is getting the punishment for making Upwork a scam free place.

There should be a proper investigation for him. He has all the chat histories with customer support.

We want Justice for him.

62127f8f
Community Member

Hi,

My account has been suspended due to false documents submission. I contacted support but they did not help. I have a support ticket open but they are not helping. Can anyone help? I promise I'll never violate any terms of Upwork. I just want my account reactivated. Someone please help me reactivate my account.

Hi Nazmus Sakib,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9bead88f
Community Member

Hi,

I'm Alcade

I had been using upwork few months ago,i have finished one project with 5 stars rated by my client and i have been working on 3 hourly contracts.but this morning I receveid a notifcation that my account has permanently suspended due to irregular activity. because i'm new on upwork i didn't have any idea about mistakes that can cause account permanent suspension. May be i have commited unpardonable mistake.

Please kindly tell me more details about this suspension and give me the last chance I will not do it again. i beg with folded hands.

i'm using this account to ask for help only. because my account is suspended, it can not be used to ask for help.after your help, i'll immediately delete it.

Hi everyone,

I had been using my upwork few months ago,i have finished one project with 5 stars rated by my client and i have been working on 3 hourly contracts.but this morning I receveid a notifcation that my account has permanently  suspended  due to irregular activity in my account. because i'm new on upwork i didn't have any idea about mistakes that can cause account permanent suspension. May be i have commited unpardonable mistake

Please kindly tell me more details about this suspension and give me the last chance I will not do it again.

i beg with folded hands.

i'm using this account to ask for help only. because my account is suspended, it can not be used to ask for help.after your help, i'll immediately delete it.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the account and found that you have an open ticket. You can respond to the ticket via email or through this link as the agent handling your ticket is the best person to give advice regarding this matter.

~ AJ
Upwork
4bbdd8e2
Community Member

Hello, is there a Live Chat Support for Top Rated freelancers? I cannot find it anywhere. I received an email that my account got on hold and need to verify my ID due to a changed name (I didn't change my name.) My anxiety is killing me now. All I did was create a new client account in my freelancer account and now my account is suspensed. I sent my IDs for verification, but my anxiety is killing me because of the process and no update yet.

Hi Rea,

While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to the support ticket you already have with the relevant team for more information regarding the verification process.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
0413752a
Community Member

Hi, my friend's Upwork account has been suspended since many weeks. He connected with Upwork support team. He told me that he has cooperated with Upwork team and answered their questions. But now Upwork team is not replying. Please sort this issue. My friend's support request is request (#34927006)

Hi Umair,

We won't be able to discuss the status of another user's account for privacy and security reasons. However, rest assured that decisions to suspend a user's account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating for TOS violations. Please, refer to this help article for general reasons why our Trust & Safety team may take action on an account.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
6ff8dd0a
Community Member

Hello,

My account is suspended.
I had some issues with my profile and I think i solved this issues.
Please help me to activate my account.

Thank you!

Hi Muliya,

I see you already have a support ticket open about the status of your account. While we won't be able to discuss the details here publicly, I see the team has provided more information in the ticket. Please, refer to it here. Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
sachinkumar701
Community Member

Hello Sachin,

We reviewed your account and your recent activities suggest that someone other than yourself may be completing the work you have been invoicing to Clients on your hourly contracts, “Need expert php developer familiar with Woocommerce to help finish a project,' , "Wordpress store performance and delivery", and  
"Dokan - Geolocation module on bookable product form"

To help ensure the integrity and security of our marketplace, Upwork’s Terms of Service limits subcontracting to fixed-price contracts and contracts with agencies. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended. 

To restore access to your account, we ask that you do the following: 

1. Reply here confirming you agree to follow our Terms of Service moving forward. This includes stopping gathering contracts as an individual and assigning part or all of the work to others.
2. Additionally, you will need to close any active hourly contracts you are unable to complete without subcontracting. These should be  “Need expert php developer familiar with Woocommerce to help finish a project,' , "Wordpress store performance and delivery", and 
"Dokan - Geolocation module on bookable product form"

Once we received confirmation that above conditions are met, we would be happy to resume your account capabilities and allow you to get back up and running on Upwork. 

If you believe this decision was made in error, please reply here with any additional details or information that may explain the irregular account activity. 

Important: If we do not receive a response from you within the next five days your Upwork account may be permanently suspended.

Here they mentions Projects

Wordpress store performance and delivery 

I always work with this client on viedo call . I dont why I get massage like this

Hi Sachin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and found that there's already an open ticket where one of our team members is already assisting you. You may access the ticket here.

It is best to work this out with the agent assisting you as they're the best person to advise you regarding this matter. Kindly send your inquiries and updates to the support ticket so that everything's in one place and the agent assisting you is updated.

~ AJ
Upwork
672a2c9f
Community Member

My account is suspended. I have no issue with remaining balance nor contracts. Could you solve this out asap so that I proceed.

Hi Jaeho,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and found an email that was sent to you regarding why your account got suspended. You can check the corresponding support ticket here and reply to the support team via email using the email address that you have for this account.

~ AJ
Upwork
farazsiyal
Community Member

Hi,

Why this error showing in my upwork account? what should I do?

[ Financial transactions for --my account number-- have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support. ]

Hi Faraz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I  checked your account and saw that an email was sent to you with instructions on how to fix this. Kindly read the instructions in this support ticket for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Thanks for your response. It looks, I am not eligible for the ID verification. When I click on the video call link it send me to the upwork support homepage. the link is not working. What should I do? could you please guide me on this.

Faraz Siyal

Hi Faraz,

I am sorry about that. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
99d7a98e
Community Member

Hi there! I have been trying to set up my Upwork account.  However, it says "Your account has been suspended. Please contact customer support.". How can i fix this?

Hi Gürhan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3cd04f77
Community Member

I am not sure why I received this notice.  If there is someone that could help me, that would be wonderful.  I hope it is not because of multiple accounts.  I am new to UpWork, and I did try to change my personal email to my buisness email.  Then it told me to verify my identity, and then it was just gone.  Please help.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the notification you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3cd04f77
Community Member

I went back to check if I could have accidentally started another account, and there is no way.  I sent you a PM explaining.   Please help

21b23882
Community Member

Why is my account suspended for no reason ? I created a new profile and after fews days account is suspended. 

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
21b23882
Community Member

Waiting for thier response.

dcf07ba8
Community Member

my account has been suspended, how do i resolve this

Hi Vladyslav,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
8523b876
Community Member

i have an issue to account suspended when i click on get paid now 

Hi Zeeshan,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you continue communicating with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
e76db3ba
Community Member

I have the same issues. I have been advised that 'Your financial account has been suspended.'

I have not recieved any notifications from Upworks or emails. I have pssed all ID check etc

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths