🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983

Hi Edward,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you, your country is now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
evedoesweb
Community Member

Hello,

I never finished my application and I moved country.

Could someone please help me change from Estonia to Uruguay?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jennifer and Evelyn,

Your Countries were updated as per your requests.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
hansha_swaroop_k
Community Member

i have created my upwork account but in the editing profile page,it  is  showing British indian ocean teritory as selected country. i want it to  be India. Thanks  in Advance,

Hi Swaroop,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great. Thanks a lot

khamo15
Community Member

Hi. I am trying to create a profile on upwork as a freelance but my location is locked and will not change from Uganda to anything else. This stops me from putting in the correct street address as well. Anyone have a similar issue to this?

Hi Khyam,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location? We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
simona_petseva
Community Member

Hello, my country is for some reason set to United Kingdom, but I am based in Bulgaria. I am unable to change my country settings. Would you please help me.

Thank you!

Simona

Hi Simona, 

Your country has been updated to Bulgaria. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am unable to change my country from China to the United States.

e: fixed!

Hi Carlin, 

A member of the team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
8e3912f4
Community Member

I also signed up for UpWork while in another country (America/Canada). Im now back in my home country of Australia but I can’t change this field on my profile.

Hi Laura,

Your country has been updated to Australia. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
sebaskampfmann
Community Member

Hi, i created my account now, but i cant complete it.
I come from UK but at the moment im in Honduras for Business, and my UK phone number doesnt work here, so and in the registration i can only choose a number with +44 for UK.
So please, how i can finish create my account now?I must change the countrycode for honduras, and maybe i can change my country only as long im here.
That would be great if you can help me with that.
My email where my account is created is:**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best rgds

Sebastian

The digital age is happening now!

Hi Sebastian,

Your country has been updated to Honduras. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
elrawy1
Community Member

I want to update my country to Egypt

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdelrhman, 

The team will reach out to you with more information about your account. 

~ Avery
Upwork
elrawy1
Community Member

I'm living in Egypt now. And I can't change the country to Egypt. In addition, I want to complete my profile that needs a phone number(my phone number is an Egyptian one)

corra-jeff
Community Member

I am an American living in Vietnam.  The country is stuck on the United States, and it won't let me change it.  So I can't put a valid telephone number in in order to get verified.  

Jeff C wrote:

I am an American living in Vietnam.  The country is stuck on the United States, and it won't let me change it.  So I can't put a valid telephone number in in order to get verified.  

You need to change your photo as well.

I will do that, but my country is still stuck on the United States

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your Country was updated to Vietnam as per your request, Jeff!

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
tanchevskaya
Community Member

Hello!

Could you please help me to change the country from United Kingdom to Russian Federation as I cannor verify my profile and mobile phone.

Thank you in advance

Hi Lisa, 

Your Country was updated to Russia as per your request. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
20672f0a
Community Member

I just started my profile and the only country option is Algeria. I live in the United States and it will not let me change it.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your country has been updated as per your request, Morgan. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
82bed94b
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem I can't change my country to the United States 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Damola,

Your country has been updated to the United States. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
shashwat15
Community Member

I have the same issue, I created my account in India, but now I moved to Canada. But I cant change my country now

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shashwat,

Your Country was updated to Canada as per your request.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
19a038ff
Community Member

Hello, I occasionally filled incorrect personal data with registration. So I want to delete my account to register again using actual information. There is a problem about deleting: I can't enter the account settings because the platform always redirect me to the "https://www.upwork.com/ab/create-profile/v1/baseline/"
What should I do?
Thanks

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Boris, 

Please know that users are not allowed to have more than one freelancer account on Upwork, regardless if the old account is closed. Please know that you should be able to edit the information you have added to your account at any time. 

Could you please let me know what information you are trying to change? 

~ Avery
Upwork
19a038ff
Community Member

I've occasionally entered incorrect location data and can't change it, so I can't link the right phone number.

Hi Boris,

Do you need help with updating your country? If yes, could you please confirm your current location (country)? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Yes, I need and can confirm

Hi Boris,

Please, let us know which country would you like to reflect on your account as your location. We’d be happy to update it for you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Alexandar,

My current location is Russian Federation, I'm studying here so I have all needed confirmation documents.

Thanks

Hi Boris,

Your country has been updated to Russia as requested.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths