🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't login through authenticator
Page options
63d96221
Community Member

Can't login through authenticator

I can no longer access my account using the authenticator because I changed phones and there was no way for me to connect with the authenticator again. Is there a way to remove it and elect another form of verification instead? Thank you!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Irvin,

If you need help because you don't have access to your authenticator app anymore, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the ‘Chat with Upwork' button.
  2. Type a question or topic and select ‘Send’. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.
~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

118 REPLIES 118
mahmoud_shenawy
Community Member

I set up a new device and reset my older device. Unfortunately, now I can't get code anymore from the authenticator app which is my recommended security option. Yet I also can't change anything on account settings because it requires the authenticator code. I stuck and really can't do anything on account settings, kindly assist!

I found a solution, thank you 

how did you solve your authenticator app issue, can you please tall me, same issue is going with me, i login but can't go the setting for deleted the authentication system

Hi Ashiqure,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Same problem here,please explain how did you solve it

Hi Massimo,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I also need assistance. I had to reset my phone and no longer have Upwork on my Google Authenticator. Please help. 

Hi Juli,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
nancyb_design
Community Member

I am being asked for an authenticator code for the first time and I do not, nor have I ever received one.

I do not know where to find the "authenticator app" or how to get a code. How do I get one so I can get access? Please help. Thank You, Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I checked your account, and it looks like you were able to log in to your account already. Please let us know if you need any help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I am faced now with a similar problem. Why all of a sudden I need an authenticator app? How do I go about it? I lost my phone and don't have access to a smart phone as of the moment. I have logged in but I got a prompt for the authenticator app when I tried to withdraw my money.

Hi Harvey,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with accessing your Settings. You'll also receive an email notification with their message.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Why are people asking about the app, and support isn't addressing the actual question?

Hi Upwork, 

I am unable to withdraw my funds due to authenticator app issue. The app isn't sending the QR/6-digit code on my phone. Can someone please assist? 

Hi Mary Grace,

I can see that one of our agents is already assisting you with your concern with generating your code. Please let us know if you need further assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

hi I have the same problem i don't know where will I get the code pls help me. i cant update my profile

Hi April Rose,

We'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Angelica Elaine,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
cddd9760
Community Member

Switched phones, can't use my authenticator app to confirm my identity anymore. Please assist on how to resolve this issue as I would like to access my account settings. 

Regards,

Vishal

Hi Vishal,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there,

I’m locked out of my account and I need your help in accessing it. I can’t login because I lost my old phone. I no longer have access to the Authenticator app. Is there another way I can log in to my account?

Hi Princess Pepsi,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with accessing your account. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
mehedikasbi
Community Member

I unistalled my google authencator app now facing a trouble that i can't enter my upwork setting and can't withdraw my payment. What is the solve of this problem .. i am in tension . would you give me a solution

Hi Mehedi,

~ Joanne
Upwork

same i uninstalled my authenticator now I am having issues with the 6 digit code they send I am not receiving it can Someone help me with this, please

Hi Abbi,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
roymsmith
Community Member

I have lost this code. Save the secret key to the authenticator app by manually entering it or scanning the QR code . Hence I can no longer access my settings to make any changes. What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Roy.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
934b059a
Community Member

Hi. 

Can someone pls assist me ? 

I need to access the settings under my account but it requires code in order for me to have an access. Unfortunately all my data from my phone got wipe out, Is it possible for the authenticator app to reset ? So I can gained full access on my account. Thank you

Hi Phoebe,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
shuaibikram
Community Member

I used the authenticator app from my old phone but now I've bought a new phone. While performing certain tasks, Upwork is asking me to provide code from the authenticator app. How can I remove the authenticator app from the settings? Whenever I;m trying to do, it asks me for the code 😞

Hi Shuaib,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
burgess_lexi
Community Member

Hi all, 

Upwork has been asking me to provide a pin from an authenticator app. I completely forgot about the app, and I think I might have deleted it on my phone months ago by accident. I have no idea which one I used! Is there any way around this?

Thanks 

Hi Lexi,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
onlyistiak
Community Member

Hello There,

I need some help I cannot access my account settings because I had used google authenticator and set as primary for Two-Step Verification before but I reset my phone and lost my previous backup for Google Authenticator.

When I'm trying to visit my account settings it's always asking only one way to authenticate and it's 6 digit code from google authenticator. There is no way to get OTP to the assigned mobile no and mail address !!

Can someone help me to fix the issue on my account?
Thank you 🙂

Best Regards
Istiak

Hi Istiak,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
annacorina07
Community Member

Hi! I need help with my authenticator verification. I can't seem to remember how I set it up before and now I can't access settings on my account because it keeps asking for the verification. Is there a way for me to remove the authenticator app verification? Thanks!

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further.

~ Nikola
Upwork
xiichan07
Community Member

I can no longer access my account using the authenticator because I changed phones and there was no way for me to connect with the authenticator again. Is there a way to remove it and elect another form of verification instead?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths