🐈
» Forums » Support » Incorrect Date of Birth - Fund withdrawal rej...
Page options
jacekdev
Community Member

Direct to Local Bank withdrawal not received

Hey,

After week of withdraw, ( 2 days after expected day of delivery ), I don't get a payment. In bottom email about payment status there is info: "If you did not initiate this payment, please contact us immediately." 
So I ask there on forum, because I have not found any contact form on UpWork.

I am not sure why it take so long, my eariler payment was in time.
If is there is some support for payment can I ask for email contact or how that works there..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Claramarie,

It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

791 REPLIES 791
16f2485b
Community Member

Hi,

My fund withdrawal was rejected due to incorrect DOB on my Upwork profile.  I have verified with my bank and the data on their system is correct. Need to change my details on my Upwork profile. I have sent an email to the CS Team, unfortunately no reply received yet as of writing. 

Is there any way this can be fixed sooner?

Thanks for any help.

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the recent fund withdrawal. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks, Pradeep! 

I hope my concern will be assisted asap. 

Hi Pradeep,

It's been two days and no once has been assigned on my ticket yet. 😞 Need it to be fixed asap pls!

Thanks,

kpatel369
Community Member

Hi,

I have not been able to receive funds directly into my local bank account. It's disabled automatically & payment is not done. Can you please help me with that?

Thanks,
Kaushik

Hi Kaushik,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the fund withdrawal. I checked and noticed that the fund withdrawal was rejected due to incorrect details. I see that you have already removed the previous payment method and initiated a fund withdrawal to a new account now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
chandrb
Community Member

Yesterday on 3 august made a test payment to my USA Payoneer bank account but have not received it yet.

How much time does it take?

and how to find what issues caused this delay.

Hi Chand,

Thank you for your message. I checked the transaction and can confirm that your withdrawal is still in process. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
intoy1991
Community Member

I made a withdrawal on Aug 3, 2022 to Direct to Local Bank (PHP) from my Agency account, it's been more than 24hrs, I called my bank they confirmed that there are no pending or incoming funds from anyone or Upwork, they said to coordinate with you guys.

Help!

Hi Jan,

Please know that, Direct to Local Bank payments take up to four business days to arrive at your bank. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up.

~Andrea
Upwork

I will. 

3763f01f
Community Member

Hello Team Upwork,

It's been 7 days since I withdrew the amount from my Upwork account, but it is still not showing in my bank account. I have checked it from my bank they said they hadn't received anything from Upwork. This is the first time Upwork has taken so much time to release the payment. Usually, I get the payment within a day or two.

Can you please look into this matter? Thank you.

Regards,

Mohit Kumar

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can confirm that the transaction was successful on our end. 

Please note that it may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork

It's been 9 days now. Can you check now?

Hi Mohit,

Thank you for your message. We can initiate fund tracing after 8 business days. That said, feel free to contact us after Aug 11th if you still do not receive your funds in your bank account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Can you please have a look now? 

Hi Mohit,

I'm sorry to hear that you still haven't received your funds. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
canicebruno
Community Member

Hello upwork, I made a withdrawal in the midnight at exactly 2 am today but I haven't received any email that my payment has been processed unlike usual, it normally takes 2 hours or less but it's 8 hours now still payment hasn't been processed. This is the first time it's taking so long. And I really need the money to pay some urgent bills. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible thanks.

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for your message. I checked the transaction and can confirm that it is still in progress. Please note that Direct to Local Bank transactions are processed within four business days. If the transaction still hasn't reflected on your account after eight business days, you can come back here, and we will assist you further. Please also take note that bank holidays both in the U.S, and your location may affect these withdrawals. In the meantime, please read up on this help article for more information about Direct to Local Bank Timings and Fees.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
venessa83
Community Member

Hi there,

Could you please also assist me. I have tried so many contacts but no one is getting back to me. I requested a payment and the funds were supposed to reflect on the 4th August.

Please can you check if this payment was processed? 

Or who do I contact 

Hi, 

I requested payment and the payment was processed on the 01st August 2022.

Normally I get an email stating that the payment request was confirmed. (Only that the payment has been processed)

It mentions that the payment should reflect on the 4th of August, it is 9 August, and still no payment. 

This is quite urgent as it has never taken this long for my payment to be confirmed or released and need this payment to pay rent urgently. 

I have read through the articles and it advises that I should contact support to start a payment trace. 

Please can anyone advise how to contact support as all the emails I have tried bounce back?

I would like to start a payment trace as soon as possible please!!!!!!!!!

Regards, 

Venessa

Hi Vanessa,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Are you referring to the latest withdrawal transaction last August 1? I can confirm that this transaction was successful on our end. Please note that it may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
at_nadush
Community Member

Usually my money transfers immediately to my bank account. I withdraw the amount of money I wanted from my upwork account to (direct to local bank) the money still hasn't arrived to my account and I can't just wait for too long. I am in urgent need of the money

Hi Attia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that it may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi, I made a withdrawal from my upwork account 2 days ago to my virtual US account  but i cannot affirm the success of the transaction in my account. Kindly help on this as i would like to kmow the status of my withdrawal. Thanks.

Hi John,

I took a closer look at the transaction you're referring to and it's been successful on our end. Please note that It may take up to four business days for funds to arrive at your bank if you have withdrawn your earnings via Direct to Local Bank transfer. Holidays in the US and in your location can also delay the process. Please let us know if after 8 business days the funds are still not reflected in your account so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks, Arjay. Today marks the 4th day after the withdrawal and still the funds are yet to reflect. If after 8 days it is still the same situation i'll definitely let you know. Thanks,

insol
Community Member

Hello, 

On Aug 5, 2022, I made one withdrawal transaction that was actually well above my country-specific maximum per transaction limits. At the time of executing this transaction, I did not know that there is such per transaction limitation exists for my country.

Once I withdrew the money on Aug 5, the money was deducted from my Upwork account. I got an email related to this withdrawal from Upwork and everything looked fine. But, I have not got the money in my bank till today. I contacted my bank and they were unable to trace the transaction. They are asking for the MT103 code.

While searching for what can be possibly wrong here, I came to know that my withdrawal transaction amount was well above my country-specific maximum per transaction limit. 

Now, will there be any reversal of the transaction, or I will get the money in my bank? Or what else can be the solution?

Thank you in advance.

Warm Regards

Hi Abu,

It might be best to ask your bank what is their protocol when receiving a transaction that is above the maximum amount permitted. Please know that Upwork is not able to provide any tax or legal advice, so it would be best to consult someone local. What I can tell you is that, if the funds were reversed, they would take about 7 days to appear on your Upwork account again. If more than 8 business days pass and you still haven't received your funds, please follow up with us so we could initiate a trace for you.

~Andrea
Upwork
insol
Community Member

Hello!!!

Is there anyone for help?

Here is my original message:

"On Aug 5, 2022, I made one withdrawal transaction that was actually well above my country-specific maximum per transaction limits. At the time of executing this transaction, I did not know that there is such per transaction limitation exists for my country.

Once I withdrew the money on Aug 5, the money was deducted from my Upwork account. I got an email related to this withdrawal from Upwork and everything looked fine. But, I have not got the money in my bank till today. I contacted my bank and they were unable to trace the transaction. They are asking for the MT103 code.

While searching for what can be possibly wrong here, I came to know that my withdrawal transaction amount was well above my country-specific maximum per transaction limit. 

Now, will there be any reversal of the transaction, or I will get the money in my bank? Or what else can be the solution?

Thank you in advance."

Hi Abu,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
insol
Community Member

Noted with thanks, Pradeep!

Warm Regards

Abu

insol
Community Member

Thank you, Andrea!

insol
Community Member

Hello Andrea,

I have checked with my bank: they have not put any maximum per transaction limits for getting foreign remittance. Consequently, they have no protocol for receiving above the maximum amount permitted. 

Furthermore, my bank has asked for MT103 to trace this transaction. Kindly guide how I can get this. 

Hi Abu,

Arjay here stepping in for Andrea. We appreciate you contacting your bank regarding the issue. Since there are no restrictions on the account and your bank, we need to wait for the amount to be transferred to your account. As she mentioned, if the funds haven't been reflected on your account after 8 business days, please don't hesitate to reach out to us and we'll initiate a trace for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
insol
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

Thank you for your response. 

"Since there are no restrictions on the account and your bank, we need to wait for the amount to be transferred to your account. As she mentioned, if the funds haven't been reflected on your account after 8 business days" -

Here account means my bank account or Upwork account

Today is the 7th working day since I did the withdrawal transaction on Aug 5.  

Thank you in anticipation.

Warm Regards

Abu

Hi Abu,

Thank you for your response. The account that Arjay was referring to was your bank account.

The 8th business day would be tomorrow, August 17. And the amount may be deposited into your account at any time. If it's still not reflected by August 18, please let us know so we can initiate a trace for you.

~ AJ
Upwork
insol
Community Member

Hello Annie,

Eight working days have passed since I made the withdrawal transaction on Aug 5. The amount has neither been credited to my bank account nor reversed to my Upwork account till today. 

Kindly help me or guide me to trace this transaction. 

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards

Abu

insol
Community Member

Hello Annie,

Noted with thanks.

Warm Regards

Abu

c48ac7b7
Community Member

Hello!

I had withdrawn $50 to my local bank using the "Direct to Local Bank" payment option on 3rd August 2022. I received the email from upwork that the payment has been processed. However, it has been well over 4 business days and I have still not received the payment in my account. 

Can anyone please help me in this matter and initiate a trace since I think it has been 8 business days already.

Regards,

Faiza

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths