🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: How Do I Reopen Closed Account
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Constanza, 

I have asked for help from the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you directly and assist you further with your concern with your old email. 

~ Avery
Upwork
7d79ce5c
Community Member

My account was closed last month due to no activity - I would like to reopen it but when I put in my email it it saying it doesn't recognize it. When I try to create a new account with the same email, the system says that email is already in use. I created another account with my new email - I didn't realize that was against the rules. Can somoene please help me re-open my original account and close the new one? 

Hi Lily,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
be36e088
Community Member

I am trying to login to my account as client and Cant login 

I tried both the google login and with username and password

I creagted new account to ask this question...

I need my account back to post jobs

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send me the details of the account that needs restoring? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
0e3de7de
Community Member

Hello,

I asked for help some days ago, and someone from the support team told me to send her a private message so she can solve my problem, but she is now not responding to anything. I am facing problems with resetting my password and I need urgent help. Every time I try to reset my password, the page tells me that my account information cannot be recovered. I have been trying for a week now... Any input is helpful at this point, thank you.

Thanks,

H.

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the late response. I've sent you a private message and have already escalated your concert to our team. Again, I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

~ AJ
Upwork
47b8255c
Community Member

How I can re-open closed account? If i try to create, i receive a message This email is already in use, if i try to log in - Oops! Username is incorrect

Hi Alona,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your message and assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
2113ef33
Community Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem with logging into my old account. I remember the e-mail, but I forgot password for it.

When I click on reset my password, security question appears but I'm not sure how I wrote the original answer for it (uppercase, full name etc.) after trying for several times I get a screen that says that e-mail is sent with 6 digit code to reset a security question - but that e-mail never comes, I checked Updates, Spam and everything.

Could you please help me with getting back my old account? It's really important for me.

Thank you in advance!

Hi there, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c7bcda88
Community Member

Good evening

I do have some issue with regards to my logging account using gmail, It says that it doesn't recognized my google account.

I close my account recently is because I want to change my username, Can you help me to open it?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I use my school account to find solution here since I can't open my upwork gmail account
Thank uu!

Hi Kurt, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. We can assist you with regaining access to your old account. But you should close the new account to stay in compliance with Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
270da552
Community Member

Hi Aleksandar,

My account also got deleted. Please help me to recover it.

Thanks,

Gagandeep Singh

Hi Gagandeep,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send me the details of the account you wish to recover? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
ae1a2b2e
Community Member

Hi. I deleted my account 2 weeks ago with my previous email. Now, I just want to retrieve my account deleted but cannot use the email before. I had to use different email to sign up. Please Help. I just wanted to retrieve my first account and email.

f1439ac3
Community Member

Hi! I need help reviving an old account that was accidentally deleted a couple of months ago. I still was not able to get it back. It has information about my last income, and I need it for documentation purposes. Thank you!

Hi Verena Calista,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
bb63e5ad
Community Member

Hi, my account associated with **Edited for Community Guidelines** is giving the above error. Please reinstate that account. I cant even login or change password.

I have created this new account to seek support in this matter. Will delete it once my main account is reinstated.

Hi Taimur,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f1d7266a
Community Member

Hello, 

I have an odesk account. 

How can I do to recover it ? 

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. If you wish to update the team with new information, I highly suggest that you post it on the ticket thread. Otherwise, I would recommend avoiding sending follow-ups on the same ticket thread because it goes back to the end of the queue every time a new message is added.

~ AJ
Upwork
d5abc339
Community Member

I want to log in my upwork account but I face to this issue "You have not activated the Google sign in method for this account.". I can't do anything else to log in my account. So I create a new upwork account just to reply and ask for help with regards to that issue. Please help me! 

Hi Nguyen,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Could you please send me the details of the account? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
0b05de52
Community Member

Hello i need help reactivating my closed account because i thought you can make another account using the same email after closing it.

Hi Edgar Gerald,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the email address associated with your original account so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your response.

~ Arjay
Upwork
0b05de52
Community Member

Hello, I have already sent a pm. Thankyou

Thank you for your response Edgar Gerald,

I did receive your message and I've already forwarded all the details to the appropriate team for further review. You should be getting an update through a support ticket that you can access on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
92ad26a8
Community Member

Hello,
Yesterday while I was online on Upwork, I got a message that my account has been compromised and I was logged out. Later I scanned my computer with two different antivirus program and couldn't find any issues. Then tried to reset my password. However, when I try to reset my password, I get no link from Upwork. I tried it numerous times but I haven’t got any mail from Upwork to change my password. 

To be more precise; 

When I enter my old login and password I got this message

"Your password has been identified as compromised. Please update your password now to protect your account."

Then I have only on option which is to update my password.

Later I give my mail address, after that I get the message "We’ve sent an email to your email address. Follow the steps provided in the email to update your password."

I repeated this proces numerous times but I haven't got any message from Upwork.  

Then I sent a message to accountsecurity@upwork.com about the situation but didn't get any reply. 

I eventually created another Upwork account with my Apple account just to be able to write in here.

Regards,

Hakan

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please send me the details of the account you're referring to? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
a796febe
Community Member

Hi, I also accidentally deleted my work account and want to recover them again. Whom should I reach out to?

Hi Nor,

Thank you for your message. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the registered email address for the account in question?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep, thanks for helping. I've messaged you.

Hi Pradeep, I've responded your enquiries with the required info last Monday, and haven't receive any update since then. Can you reach back to me?

Apologies for the inconveniences caused.

50c90c73
Community Member

Hello members of the upwork community 
I have seen that some members have access to helping others with the below issue.
I had an old acocunt with upwork with the email adress**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I was intending to close that one and open one with the email address **Edited for Community Guidelines**

And I did. But unfortunately some of the info I tried to save from my last account, had accidentally not been saved. 
Can you restore that account for me. Yes, I know you will need to close the current one. Once I save the content from there, I will proceed myself with what I need to do. Thank you. 

Hi Xhulia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie
Thank you for your assistance. I have just been contacted by **Edited for Community Guidelines** and my issue was resolved, but it showed up with another request number than the one that appears on the support ticket. This one was 36381253. I am just letting you know, so they dont reopen my old acocunt anymore, so I dont have issues with the one I am currently using. 

Hello, 

Please I recently closed my upwork account and I need to restore that account. 

I need help on this.

I had to create a new one to enable me seek for help within the community.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi Louisa,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
a115fe5e
Community Member

Hello, I just made this new account just to ask a question. When I tried to log in to my accound, it said: 

Google account <email> is not recognized for Google Sign-In on Upwork. Please make sure you are using the same account that you have previously linked.

Please help me out. Thank you! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths