🐈
» Forums » Support » Can anyone help me? I changed the email on my...
Page options
nilewadchan
Community Member

How Do I Reopen Closed Account

How to restore an account closed accidently? 

Account username : **Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chandrakant,

If you need help restoring your account, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

615 REPLIES 615

Hi Ella, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please send me the details of the account that you're referring to? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
b8cf3c78
Community Member

Hello. I'm a new freelancer with ongoing contract. I need help. I remade this account because my original and main account cannot write new topic or make a reply in community. I have already submitted my valid NBI Clearance and complied with the criteria for uploading but my account is still on hold. Hope someone can assist me because i need it for my earnings.

*I will close this second account upon reply of anyone who can help so I may not violate upwork's policies. Really sorry for making another one, support ticket is not working too. Thank you so much for all the help.

Attached here is my main account profile link https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01c3dba024ce81ed6a

and my i also attach here my NBI Clearance I recently got and submitted 2 days ago. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please send me the email address associated with the original account? You can send me a PM by clicking on my name.

~ AJ
Upwork
b8cf3c78
Community Member

I already sent you private message, Ma'am Annie. Thank you so much for the assistance. My account has been hold for almost two weeks now, it would be a great help if I'd be able to address my account verification issue so i may solve personal problems too.

132e7ae8
Community Member

i changed the email on my account and now can't login because get error: "Google signin not set up for this account." I am using this profile here just to ask question. Urgent please

Hello? 

Hi Tina,

I can see that you've been communicating with one of the moderators about your concern. I certainly understand that you want this resolved immediately, please allow us time to review your case and you should be getting an update once done. 

A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
132e7ae8
Community Member

Thank you, I sent it. 

132e7ae8
Community Member

I did, waiting thank you.

fede0bc5
Community Member

I tried setting up an account with my email address however the site says the email is already in use. When I try logging in with the same email address the website produces an error saying invalid username. Help!

Hi Eric, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to?

~ Nikola
Upwork
132e7ae8
Community Member

I am still not receiving help. I am not trying to be difficult, but this is ridiculous.

202f64ac
Community Member

Hello,

I need support to get back my Upwork account.

I mistakenly closed both my freelancer and client accounts while trying to close only the client account. I thought the action would close only the client account since the questions I was asked for reasons why I wanted to close the account where related only to a client account. Now I cannot login to my freelancer account anymore. I just created this account as an ad hoc one to be able to contact Upwork support.

Is there a way to get back my freelancer account, please? 

Hi Enobong,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork
202f64ac
Community Member

Hi Andre, 

As requested, I've sent you a private message containing some info about the account. I look forward to your response and also to providing any additional info you might need.

f7f59398
Community Member

I accidentally created a client account a few months back, which I realized yesterday. In switching my account from client to freelancer, I ended up closing my account. Now I don't have access to my account. When I try to log in, it comes with an error your google account is not recognized for Google Sign-in on Upwork. I'm using the same email address on which I have my account. Would you please help me to have my account back? I am using my brother's Upwork account to ask to question here in customer support.

my gmail account which is not opening is: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ibrahim,

I have escalated your concern to the appropriate team and you should be getting an update via a support ticket. This page is where you can access your ticket and feel free to communicate with the team if you have questions.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5c61ddb8
Community Member

Hi,

Can I restore the testimonials or client history from an old account I had? I haven't used it in over 5 years and I think it was deleted by the platform because today I tried to sign in and it forced me to sign up for a new account.

I signed up for this new account using the same email address that I used for the old one.

Hi Bogdan,

Thank you for your message. I am unable to find any other account link to the email address on this new account. Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with the correct registered email address for the old account?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
963b26a3
Community Member

I have the same issue. Created account with gmail, neglected it, now when attempting to log in it says "username incorrect," but when attempting to create a new account with that gmail it says "already exists." Please advise.

Hi Charles,

Could you please click on my name above this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Charles,

~Andrea
Upwork
98874d1e
Community Member

I have an Upwork account with my email**Edited for Community Guidelines** but I am unable to log in. It says username is incorrect. I am trying to log in after a long time and I have forgotten my username. So I want help in this regard.

Hi Aniket,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the account you're trying to log into has been closed. The account would have to be reinstated first before you can log in so I've asked for assistance from our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

Hi! I have an old upwork account, it was new, didn't have clients and stuff, but I wasn't able to take care of it so I closed it. I hope hat I can retrieve my old account back, will I be able to? Waiting for an answer. Thank you!

Hi Jona,

~Andrea
Upwork
fea27ddc
Community Member

Good afternoon... Hate to bother, but I too closed an account in error and would greatly appreciate your assistance reopening that account.

Hi Robert,

We truly appreciate you reaching out. Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the original account you wish to restore so that I can assist you further? Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
fea27ddc
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I appreciate your quick response! I tried to send you a PM, but when Iaccess your profile, I get a message stating, "This profile is no longer available." If you are still able to assist, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Bob

Hi Robert, 

I can confirm Arjay is still active in the Community and you should be able to send them a private message here. If you still haven't been able to send that message to him, feel free to send the information to me and I'll be happy to help.

~Andrea
Upwork
0b397d0c
Community Member

Re-activate an accidentally closed account on email **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
46d46d5e
Community Member

Hello,

my email: **Edited for Community Guidelines**

In my settings, I tried to add a client's account to my freelancer's account and then changed my mind.

I clicked "Close My Account" and it deleted my freelancer's account, too. So I cannot log in anymore...

How do I get my freelancer's account restored?

Thanks.

Hi Prego,

I have shared your report with the appropriate team and one of the members will be in touch via a support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page. For the time being, feel free to check this help article for more details about being a Client and a Freelancer.

~ Arjay
Upwork
92ad26a8
Community Member

Hello,

Two weeks ago right after I entered my password, I got a message that my password was compromised and upwork app shut down. I did virus scan with two different antiviruses but couldn't find any trace of a virus or an hacker attack. Then I needed to update my passoword to be able access my account again. But I didn't get the link to change my password. I created this account to be able to reach Upwork. I got some security questionings and eventually got a message says that I could update my password. But the link didn't work. I still don't get the link to update my password. No link in the junk mail either.  This process took two weeks. 

This is the 15th day of this problem. I check my mails day and night to see if there is a response from Upwork. I already lost all my contracts and my good clients. Weeks of work were blown away because I can't contact my clients and they had to find a new freelancer to go on. I can not reach my savings on Upwork but just wait. I am extremely disappointed. I have a very good profile and very good references in that profile, I worked hard, and tried to do my best for my clients for a little cost. I have no Idea why I am disregarded and not helped in such a long time. I am aware of my loos  but there is still my money and reputation in that account. I cannot wait idling another two weeks. Please help!  

Best 

Hakan

Hi Hakan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You will also receive a corresponding email on your original account and you can reply to the said email to communicate with our support team instead of going to the support ticket link. Once you are able to log in, you can already access your support tickets on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

18 days ago I tried to change my password because of a security reason. But Upwork never sent me the link to reset my password. I tried to contact Upwork but it was almost impossible to get help without a working account. That's why I created this account.

I wanted help to restore my account from Upwork. I just needed the link to reset my password. It's been 18 days I check my mails day and night to see if there is a response from Upwork but to get a simple answer takes days and I usually doesn't get the help I need. I get several security questionings. Eventually, I got a message that they would send me a link. But that link has the same problem.  I give my mail, solve a puzzle to prove that I am not a bot, get a message that a link sent to my mail but no link is sent to my mail. No link in the junk mail either.  

Meanwhile. I already lost all my contracts and my good clients. Weeks of work were blown away because I can't contact my clients and they had to find a new freelancer to go on. I can not reach my saving on Upwork but just wait. I am extremely disappointed. I have a very good profile and very good references in that profile, I work hard, and try to do my best for my clients for a little cost.
in the end I had a problem and asked support but I feel like I am left alone. All the moderators I contacted disappeared without solving my problem.

I created several topics but they were all deleted. 
I need to update my password. I tried it maybe a hundred times but never got the mail to reset my password, and the system doesn't let me access my account without a password update. I am desperately in need of help. 

Best, 

Hakan

Hi Hakan,

I can see that you recently communicated with the team regarding your concern via a support ticket. I've submitted a follow-up and advised the team to provide an update to the email address associated with the account you wish to keep. You should be getting an update on that email once your case has been further reviewed. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
455a49a0
Community Member

I want to recover my closed account with another email, not this one. I accidentally closed it. Please help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths