🐈
» Forums » Support » How to create a group?
Page options
baundoole
Community Member

How to create a group?

Can a member create a group? If so, what is the procedure?

Taeef Najib
Freelance Art Director
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As an update, if you're interested in leading a Community group, please complete this form. We'll review your request and follow up with an update in case we decide to move forward with creating the group.

You can find the form link and additional information about Community Groups in the Community Groups FAQs.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Taeef,

Thanks for your interest! Not yet, however, we're working on setting up a way for members to create a group. Stay tuned, we'll be sharing more information soon. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks, Valeria for your response and always supporting contractors like us for a really long time.

Taeef Najib
Freelance Art Director

That's great! I love SEO & web design so I would love to create  group for SEO in general or Technical SEO or Web design group. I think top rated freelancers should be able to create their own groups! 

Top rated SEO work on Upwork!

hi Valeria, can we propose new groups? What's the process for that? 

Hi Eszter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that you can suggest a new group by posting in the Community Idea Exchange section. You can click on Submit an Idea button and add information about the group you would like to suggest. We will be happy to review your idea. 

Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Valeria,

I would like to create a group in your community for Upwork Caribbean Freelancers.

Is the functionality available for new members to create their groups?

Also, are you aware of any groups that have been established for people from the West Indies?

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Candace B.

I'm interested in forming an Upwork group for US lawyers. How would I locate and invite potential members to join?

Hi Jimmy,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your interest. If you're interested in leading a Community group, please complete this form. We'll review your request and follow up with an update in case we decide to move forward with creating the group.

You can find the form link and additional information about Community Groups in the Community Groups FAQs.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thanks Valeria:

I am also working for new commers to join and work together, other details will later added in the group.

Regards.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As an update, if you're interested in leading a Community group, please complete this form. We'll review your request and follow up with an update in case we decide to move forward with creating the group.

You can find the form link and additional information about Community Groups in the Community Groups FAQs.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
yousseftrh
Community Member

Hello Souhaib,

I was looking to for morroco community too, but I didn't find any. If i possible we can create a community here for moroccans so we can share all informations. me too I have the same issue with TIN, I still don't know where can I get it.

Best,

Youssef

Hi Youssef,

I have submitted a request to create a community for Morocco, it's been reviewed and listed for the new launch, they haven't set a date for it yet, so we're gonna have to wait.

Regarding the TIN, there's only one way to get it as an independent contractor which by signing up as a 'Auto-Entrepreneur', check this link for more info: https://rn.ae.gov.ma/. Let me know if you have any further issues with it.

Kind regards.

2515d317
Community Member

Can someone please open a Maryland Upwork group? ._.

Hi Lola:

Good Question!

655be748
Community Member

I have applied for a group creation request, but after some times, I din't have any group creation. Can anybody let me know what are the requirements of the group creation ?

abb71e42
Community Member

Hello , in the Upwork Community Groups , Can we create a Group ? or we can only join them ?

damund
Community Member

Hello,
You can do both.
However, it's easier to join a group.
If you wish to create a group there is a process.
You can find details here

Hope this helps.

Daniel
Executive Strategic Technologies Consultant
Let's Connect
Groups:
Experts Talk
Inspirational quotes
"Education is the weapon we create peace with"
"Proper thinking today paves the way to solving the problems of tomorrow"
Quick Consult
damund
Community Member

Hello,
I am interested in starting a public group here as well.
Please contact me.
Thank you.

Daniel
Executive Strategic Technologies Consultant
Let's Connect
Groups:
Experts Talk
Inspirational quotes
"Education is the weapon we create peace with"
"Proper thinking today paves the way to solving the problems of tomorrow"
Quick Consult
Latest Articles