🐈
» Forums » Support » I cannot enter messages section
Page options
h_honcharenko
Community Member

I cannot enter messages section

I cannot open the message section. Anybody else experiences this issue?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi All,

We're confirming that the Incident with accessing your messages should now be resolved. You can try to log back into your account and you should be able to access your messages.

We truly appreciate your patience and understanding while the issue was being worked on. Please let us know if the same issue persists and we will surely look into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

65 REPLIES 65
bundie702
Community Member

I can't open my message from my client with a file attached that she wants this afternoon...I saw it on my phone but Messages is acting weird. I don't see the message on my phone and can't even respond to it on my phone. What the heck...? 

bundie702
Community Member

I tried with my laptop using two different browsers. It's not working. Trying now to go back to the previous version of Messages. 

e_jurkovic
Community Member

Yes, have tried all browsers and the app as well — not working.

same here as well

bundie702
Community Member

Previous version of Messages isn't working, either. It's an Upwork issue.

Fortunately, I had the client's phone number (it's an as-needed contract). I called and she emailed me the file, so at least I won't miss out on lost income. Now, to hope the time tracker isn't on the fritz as well...

Upwork, please look into this issue with your Messages being down!

bennett-kathrin
Community Member

Same here and I urgently need to reply to a client.

If it's an established client who frequently has urgent needs, it's a good idea to have an alternate method of contacting them. I was able to save an assignment for a regular client I couldn't respond to on Upwork only because I had her number...hope everything works out for you.

samreen01
Community Member

Saifullah A wrote:

There is some error while opening messages please review the attached screenShot Thanks.

I  couldn't open the messages.

fe655511
Community Member

Yes, same situation here!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

We are having an active incident and it's affecting access to Messages. Our Engineering team is working to address this as quickly as possible. For status updates, feel free to subscribe to this page. 

Thanks for your patience while this is getting resolved.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I having the same issue "Error: {"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms failed and fallback disabled."}"

Cleared cache, cookies, and everything and still same thing, across multiple devices and browsers.

webzoneto_0-1650051119471.png

Tried clearing cache, cookies. Still getting this

Certainly not fixed. Getting the same error on both the app and the website and the legacy messenger.

Is this issue going to fixed?? I had a lot of meetings scheduled today, and now I can't even communicate with members on my team. This issue is obviously Upwork's fault as I am not the only one experiencing this as me and several other of my coworkers are experiencing the same issue and they are looking all over the Upwork help section to find the solution and nothing is seeming to work and same exact issue is arising when you open the messages section.

I am facing the same problem for the last one hour. I have tried to clear cookies and cache but it doesn't help.

Hi,

I got this error when I tried to reload the upwork message.

An error has occurred while processing your request, please try again.

Error: {"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms timed-out and fallback disabled."}

I want it to be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks

I am having the same issue, I hope it's going to be solved quickly 

azhue
Community Member

Hi, i'm having the same issue. Can someone please contact me?

bulatuspro
Community Member

Same here. Error: {"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms failed and fallback disabled."}

Cleared cache, updated, and restarted pc. Updated browser. Nothing works.

The worst thing is that I have a meeting with an important client in 3 minutes and messages are not working 😞

azhue
Community Member

hello, i'm having issues to see my massages, in my smartphone and other browser it keep showing this massage when i try to acces my massages 

An error has occurred while processing your request

irina_oganezova
Community Member

I get an error:

An error has occurred while processing your request

Please fix it

bundie702
Community Member

Bulat, it's not a bad idea to have phone numbers and email addys as alternate means of communication for clients you frequently meet with, in case Upwork goes down. I was able to save a job for a regular client who needed a quick proofread this afternoon only because I had her phone number. I called her when I was unable to bring up the message on my desktop (I initially read it on my phone) and she emailed me the document. Now she's able to contact me as well if she sends a message and I don't respond. I hope everything works out for you...

dilsun
Community Member

I'm having the same issue I can't use my messages! Please help me out

hamzasajid49
Community Member

Please fix this asap. I am working on a project and this behaviour of upwork inbox is creating disturbance in my work please.

I have the same problem.up_messages_error.png

Same problem here and I can't get to the information I need to reply to a client. Was just coming here to see if anyone else reported it. 

muhammadaali11
Community Member

samer here. Error: {"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms failed and fallback disabled."}

weirdtaste
Community Member

Hii, i have the same problem, i want to chat my client but i cant access the messenger, pls help

0B50A027-56DD-422C-9016-D93DCF441B5B.png

91e28d2a
Community Member

I'm facing this error "{"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms failed and fallback disabled."}" while trying to load messages.
I've attached a screenshot so you guys can see it.
Please review the error.
Looking forward to a solution,
Thank you.

rahularchitect
Community Member

Error: {"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms timed-out and fallback disabled."}

I am getting this error message please get fix this problem as soon as possible.
Thanks 

I am also recieveing the same message

I am facing the same problem

soniazaman62
Community Member

upwork.jpg

sami255
Community Member

Error while processing your request

immediate_work
Community Member

I'm getting the following message when trying to reply to a client:

Error: {"code":500,"codeExtended":"NOT_SET","message":"transportLayerDS_roomsAS_GetRooms failed and fallback disabled."}

I am facing the same error

0d23e7ad
Community Member

My Upwork messages are not opening, It is showing the error Message, The screenshot is attached.

I am afraid, that i will loose my client due to lack of communication.

Thank You!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths