🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I'm having trouble verifying my identity
Page options
mihawkkk
Community Member

Identity (ID) Verification

i have trublle with Identity Verification, i live in lebanon, and the only way to verify my identity in lebanon is with passport, but i dont have passport,  is there any other way to work on this platform ?please i need help ASAP

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamad, 

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,509 REPLIES 1,509
c2f922eb
Community Member

Hi so after I submitted my ID Card picture and clicked continue it just got stuck on "this should only take a minute" and when i refreshed my browser page it said "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day". I cant do selfie verification because it just doesnt go any further than ID verification and get stuck on "this should only take a minute". And now its been a whole day but my id still hasnt been verified

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Location and ID documents verification has been approved. You may proceed with the Visual verification now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bf81954c
Community Member

Hello, yesterday I sent my documents to verify my account, but still i have not received any response also tomorrow is the deadline to verify my account.

The answers I got from the site after sending my documents: 

ID document verification

We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day.

Visual verification

We are reviewing your selfie which typically takes a few minutes, but could take up to 1 business day.

Hi Hossein,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
3bdbc1ea
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to verify my ID. Its been a week and its not verified yet. They say it will take one business day to verify but in my case its been more than 7 days. Can anyone help please?

I have tried to open support tickets also. But I didnt get response to any of them. Anyone here from upwork who could help?

Hi Asad,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already completed the ID verification process. The badge has been added to your profile already. Please let us know if you have any questions. We're here to help. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ArjayM

Hi Asad,

I'm sorry if the team were not able to get back to you sooner with updates. A gentle reminder, Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently.

I have reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. They have confirmed that you can now check this support ticket for more details on how to complete your ID Verification. Feel free to communicate with the team through that ticket if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
4fc4f42c
Community Member

When I'm clicking on "Identity verification" than shows this page. Anybody can help me?opera_4NEOpnv5jZ.png

"

Hi Oleksandr,

I have checked and it looks like your account doesn't need to be verified yet. Please note that you will not be able to initiate the identity verification yourself and it cannot be requested. If the team finds the need for you to do it, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
rizwaanalikhaan
Community Member

Hi,

My upwork account is verified and submitted my National Identity card issued by Pakistan Govt.

I am facing error message that "This Link has expired" at the time  of submision of proposal it happend few months back and I had resent my National Identity cards to upwork and after that this issue has fixed but it's showing again. Please help me to get rid of this problem i would be very grateful to you. 

Thanks 
Rizwan Ali Khan

Hi Rizwan,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f933548c
Community Member

Good day! I have a problem with verifiying my account. All of my IDs are still in my maiden name. I just updated the government accounts recently.  The IDs are still on the process. Should I just go back to my maiden name instead? or is it okay to use my Marriage Certificate? 

Hi Ma Carmela,

Thank you for your message. You have an option to upload the documents that you have for now and submit your marriage certification when the team reaches you to request additional information or you can change the name on Upwork to your maiden name.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
msajid2949
Community Member

Hi,

I have uploaded my ID card for verification of my Profile 3 days ago, but it is not proven. It still shows me " we are reviewing your ID it takes up to 1 day. 

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I followed up with the team and I am pleased to inform you that your ID submission has been approved. You may proceed with Visual verification now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
5c4b8c99
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID for verification a while ago, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note. How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process..

Hi Zeinab,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the relevant team and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
msajid2949
Community Member

I uploaded my ID card 3 days ago for verification of my Upwork profile after one order. It does not prove to me. Still shows " We review your id it takes up to one day" but today is the 4th day. And my location was verified immediately. can anyone guide me?

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your Identity document and location verification is complete. You can proceed with Visual verification now from this link.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bf81954c
Community Member

Hello, today is the 3rd day that I have completed my ID verification, also today is my last day, but it still says "We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day."

As you see today is my last day "Verify your identity '7days' to continue winning jobs on Upwork."
What should I do though?

Hi Hossein,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team and they have updated your verification status. You can refer to this link to check the status and complete the pending steps.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much dear Mr.Pradeep.

edf3a55e
Community Member

I uploaded selfie and document for verification yesterday but still no response. 24 hours have passed. they are still showing that We're reviewing your ID, which can take up to 1 business day. How much time will it take for verification?

Hi Rao,

Thank you for your message. Our team will update you on your submission as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Community Member

please can NIN be use for ID verification ?

Hi Kelenna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~ AJ
Upwork
bf81954c
Community Member

Hi, First of all, thanks for the responses from the Upwork support team,

I verified my ID and phone number and selfie and now it needs to verify my location, does it need a passport, electricity bill, gas bill, water bill or what kind of document to verify location?

Best regards 

Hi Hossein,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Also, I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue.  I reached out to the team assigned to your ticket and they will reach out to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
5c4b8c99
Community Member

Hello,

I've submitted my ID last week, but it is still showing the "We're reviewing your documents and will get back to you within 1 business day." note.

How long does this usually take?

Would appreciate your urgent support with this process, it's very important and it feels like there is a lack of support..

Hi Zeinab,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. I reached out to the team to follow up on your ID verification status. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork
e4f2452a
Community Member

Hello, my account is 100% complete and yet I can't find the ID Verification option under settings. How do I submit my documents for verification?. Thanks

Hi Kedilatile Emmanue,

It seems like you are asking about the ID verified badge. We’ll let you know when it’s time to verify your identity. You won’t be able to do so until we request verification. We’ll send you an email and notify you when you sign in to your account if you need to verify.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e4f2452a
Community Member

So should I continue sending proposals and doing my freelance work?

Hi Kedilatile,

Yes, you may continue with sending proposals for now. You will be notified by our team when you need to complete verification on your Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
toniidvzla
Community Member

Today they sent me a link to verify my identity in two steps, I have completed the first step of sending the identity document, but when verifying with a selfie it gives me the following problem:

(We are having some technical problems.

We are unable to use the camera on this device. Please try again using your mobile camera)

I have the option to speak to an agent, but I have a little problem, I'm not very good at conversational English, so I'll have trouble understanding the agent.

I don't want to lose my account, I have 7 days to verify it. Is there any additional way to verify it? I really want to cooperate, I just hope the system can help me.

Attached capture of the problem, I have tried to verify through a selfie on my cell phone, I do not have a webcam on the computer:

problem upwork.jpg

I hope you can help me as soon as possible to continue on this great platform, greetings.

Hi Antonio,

As confirmed by our team, a selfie should be okay. Could you please try to use a different browser or clear your cache and cookies? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, I had originally used Google Chrome, but I tried to use the Mozilla Firefox browser and also the default browser of my cell phone and it still gives me the error, I have also tried to clear the caches of the browsers and I still have the mentioned problem. My phone's operating system is Android 7.1. How could I fix this problem?

Hello, I would like to apologize in advance for making a double answer, but I must comment that I have just solved the problem, I will leave the solution in this answer for those who are in the same situation as me: Since my version of android It is 7.1 I decided to try with a device with a recent version of android and finally the verification could be executed successfully, I am currently in the review period of my selfie. I recommend people try to use a newer version of android and it will work just fine for them. Thank you very much for the support.

c_lorejas
Community Member

I already sent my ID and a selfie hours ago and my verification is still pending. How long does it usually take? It gives me anxiety as I only have until 08-08-22 to have it verified. Please someone help me. I have sent and posted a message in this section already and no one from support is giving me an answer/update. I would appreciate if someone would reply and much more if this will be resolved. 

Sincerely,
Cris Benjamin L. Lorejas

Hi Cris,

Note that it can take up to one business day for the review to complete. Kindly allow more time for the team to get back to you. You can rest assured they'll follow up with you if there's anything else you need to do on your end. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths