🐈
» Forums » Support » My account is private
Page options
e188e515
Community Member

Locked Private Profile

Hi there, 
My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

thanks 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jean Peter,

If you are a new freelancer and don't earn money on Upwork within 90 days of your first proposal, or you choose not to submit a proposal within your first 90 days, your profile will change to private. 

When your profile is set to private it is not shown in freelancer search results but rest assured, clients are still able to see your profile when you submit proposals!

You can request that your profile visibility is reset by clicking this link found in this help article.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

865 REPLIES 865

Hi Frosina,

Your profile visibility has been reset, it should be public now.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
029dda82
Community Member

My account was kept private because of not earning until now. please help me in making it public.

Thanks! 

Hi Shehnaz,

Thank you for your message. Your profile visibility is set to Public now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
2336d74d
Community Member

Hey, My profile is set to private and i am not seeing any option to make it public. Can you please help me make it public?

Hi Ishan,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
mahmudul62
Community Member

Hi there, 

My account goes to private every month even if I have earning and applying for jobs. Last time I earned 2 weeks ago but today I noticed that my account is private. Upwork says the make a profile private if there is no earning for 90 days. But I don't understant why my account is private because it's just 2 weeks without earning. I can't even apply to make profile public from support center. It saying "Something went wrong. Your ticket was not submitted."

Hi Mahmudul,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you

blisscode
Community Member

My profile visibility is also set to private. I need it to be changed to public. 

Hi Ime,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you very much for your quick response. I really appreciate.

Hi, my upwork visibility is set to private and I would like to make it public. I tried doing it but there's no option for it.

I wait for your response 

Hi Deborah,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
renardtamas
Community Member

My profile is still on private even thought I requested to reset my profile visibility. Please help.

Hello. My profile is set on private, please help.

Hi Renard,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we sincerely apologize for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have reset your profile visibility back to Public status. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Hi All, I just created my upwork account past year or i don't know accurately. I got demotivated then stop sending proposal after all from past 3 days  i again started sending proposal and got 2 jobs succesfully done.

Problem is that my account is still set to private.

I tried here  to reset my profile and i got message that it will reset in 4 hours but after 4 hours still it set to private, i again tried to reset my profile but doesn't work.

Please help Upwork.

I'm sad now.

I hardly got 2 jobs to increase my profile qualities but i seen that my profile is set to private.

Please help it's my humble request to set my profile to public.

Regards 

Satyam

Hi Satyam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Nikola
Upwork
mdamin7084
Community Member

We set your profile to private because you haven't earned in a while. To reactivate your profile, apply to jobs and start earning.

Please help me to do my profile visibility public.

Hi Md Nurul,

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

My profile is set to locked private and I've got 2 jobs before 2 days.

Please set it to public.

Hi Satyam,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private

~ Nikola
Upwork
akrichun
Community Member

Please reset my profile visibility. The "profile reset request" don't work.

Hi Alexey,

I have reset your profile visibility back to public status. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ochiengviolet
Community Member

Hello,

Could you please help me reset my profile to public from private? Thanks

Hi Violet,

I took the liberty of resetting your profile visibility back to public status. A gentle reminder, please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
tro4130
Community Member

Hello,
My profile is set to private although I have requested the change numerous times. I would greatly appreciate assistance in turning my profile public, please. Thank you. 

eccb4698
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is on private. Could you pls change back to public

Hi Shola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have reset your profile visibility back to Public status. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

~ Arjay
Upwork
5289be6a
Community Member

I have been trying to reset my availability from private to public and nothing is working. Is there a way Upwork or a moderator can set it to public for me?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi geoffrey, 

Your profile visibility has been reset to public as requested. Profiles of freelancers with a history of earnings on the platform will remain public unless they have not earned in more than 2 years while profiles of new freelancers who haven’t earned on Upwork will be set to private after 90 days. To avoid this, you can resume earnings on a new contract or upgrade your membership to the Plus plan. You can check out more info about this here.

~ Avery
Upwork
starz27
Community Member

Hi,

My profile is also private, please can you help to make it public?

Thanks

Hi Husne,

Your profile visibility has been set back to public.

~Andrea
Upwork
f_peteros
Community Member

Hello, 

my profile is set to private and i cannot change it. Please help

Hi Floremay,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've successfully changed your profile visibility to public. To manage your profile visibility in the future, you may follow the steps in this article, or click the "Reset My Profile Visibility" on this page.

~ AJ
Upwork
3aea4f98
Community Member

Hi Hilda,

I've been trying to set my Profile Visibility from Private to Public or to Upwork Users only but the options are disabled. I also can't turn on my availability badge which gives me the below error.

"You can't turn on this badge because your profile is set to private or unavailable."

Please advise as I am just starting out and haven't gotten a client yet and I think having a more visible profile will greatly help.

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Could you please try to activate the Availability Badge again and let us know if the issue persists? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
4484eaff
Community Member

How can I do that?

4484eaff
Community Member

This works.

Thank you Nikola,

Both issues have been resolved, your assistance is much appreciated.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths