🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Freelancer Plus
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
NikolaS

Hi Innocent,

I am sorry to hear about this. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding. Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
thewas
Community Member

Balance is currently more than sufficient; I've used it before to buy connects, and on the bank's side, there is no question, because I use the card for multiple recurring transactions. Some of the transactions happened just yesterday. 

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fb83d0ff
Community Member

I want to upgrade my account to enterprise one. How canI do that. I tried to speak with a sales rep. but nothing fruitful came up

Hi Akash,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our team members already updated your support ticket with more information on how you can connect with our sales team directly and discuss your interest about membership upgrade further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am not able to buy a membership with a VISA Debit card and Paypal account Its showing Charge Failed?

My card is enabled for international transaction

Please Help 

Hi Mohd,

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Could you please also try using a different payment method from your PayPal wallet?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

Sorry, I can't

I have only 2 cards and both are not acceptable for membership on Upwork through Paypal or direct.

Community Member

Hi, My name is Kalaiselvan **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I just want to change my membership from basic to plus. I have successfully added my SBI master global debit card with my Upwork financial account (Billing method). But, I get a message of 'charge failed' while trying to change the membership. I don't know what to do? Please help me with this problem. Thanks in advance.

Hi Kalaiselvan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I am using my SBI GLOBAL MASTER DEBIT CARD to buy connects. I need to change my membership plan from basic to plus. But, I am not able to complete the transaction. Getting a message as 'charge failed'. I can buy connects using the same debit card. But, I am not able to use the same card to change my membership plan. Please give me a solution. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalaiselvan,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, I have added an SBI MASTER GLOBAL INTERNATIONAL DEBIT CARD with my financial Upwork account. I ca buy even 40 connects by using that card. I have to change my membership from basic to plus by using the same card. But, I cant. I have enough balance in my account. I have reached my bank for further information. There is no issue with the bank. They have told me to ask Upwork customer care department. Please provide me with a solution. Thank you.

Hi Kalaiselvan,

We will look into this further and will get back to you once we have more information.

Edited to update information:

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I am an Upwork Freelancer and I am having issues with purchasing a membership plan. When I enter the Credentials of my debit card into the billing section it says please add card number. It is not processing the card.

Hi Muhammad,

Before purchasing a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. There are three billing methods available to freelancers, Credit or Debit Card, PayPal, or Upwork Balance.

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab0b7ddc
Community Member

Hi ,

I am trying to upgrade my membership from basic freelancer to freelance plus but everytime i am getting this error " Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." I tried with two billing options:-

1) Debit card(Master card)

2) Paypal account

Can anyone tell me why i am facing this problem?

Thanks,

Lalit **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Lalit,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
ab0b7ddc
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

Can you please tell me if debit card(Master card) can be used as a payment option in paypal?

Thanks,

Lalit Barwal

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lalit, 

You may want to check this directly with Paypal or check out this help article I found on Paypal's help center for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork
2d84629f
Community Member

Hello Upwork Community,

I Add A Recently New Debit Card And I Try To Purchase Freelancer Plus Premium Plan But Not Purchase So I Need Your Help.

Error: There was a problem with your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

Please Give Me The Best Solution Because I Want To Purchase Premium Plan Packages.

Regards,

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Arpan,

I checked and it looks like you were able to upgrade your membership! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

The "Add Bank Account" page is stuck loading whenever I attempt to add a new bank account. I've tried clearing the UpWork cache and it still doesn't work. Please help.

Hi Timothy,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi 

I want to upgrade to freelancer plus, but when I open that link and try to insert my card details it doesn't allow me to insert my details, how may I add my details? 

Hi Zulqarnain,

Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Could you please try following the instructions here? Let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi
after clicking add method it shows a below-mentioned message
refreshed multiple times but couldn't resolve the issue

*Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the
page.*

Hi Zulqarnin,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I can't change basic membership to plus membership.

Showing a message like this when I try to change : (There was a problem with your request. Please try again in a few minutes.)

Hi Chellapandi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you were able to update your membership plan to the Freelancer Plus plan. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you are able to see it on your end? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for your support and time

Hi,
Upwork support.
I going to buy Freelancer plus memebership. buteverytime show this massage

There was a problem with your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

I try to 10 times with Using Debait card and paypal both payment methods. Please solve this error on my profile. I`m very tired to this error. I clear brower cashe,cookies and history everyting. Please help me. so i can buy plus memebership.
Thanks and regards
sunny s.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sunny,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am also getting this issue.

Thanks,

Shanthi B

Hi Shanthi,

In order to use Paypal as a billing method on Upwork, your Paypal account must have a linked credit or debit card for recurring payments (for example, for membership fees). For cases like this, a funding source is required to add Paypal as a billing method. You can also check the options available to you and learn more about acceptable billing methods

You can find more information about using PayPal as a billing method here

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am from india.Can i get the membership Via Upi, Gpay, Phonepe or Bank Deposit ?I have Visa Card too but not Credit Card.So I can not pay Billing System.I can only deposit.

Hi Manish,

Before purchasing Connects or a membership plan, you’ll need to add a Billing Method to your account. Upwork accepts Visa, Discover, Diners Club, Diners Club International, Mastercard, and American Express. We also accept prepaid cards. You can also use your account balance to purchase Connects or upgrade your membership. I suggest that you check this help article for more information on acceptable billing methods and this one for the Freelancer Plus membership.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I have no Credit card or any billing payment system.So i would like to suggest you that add the other payment deposit system.which will comfortable for indian artist.

Thanks

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 

I would also like to clarify that you can use your available earnings on Upwork to purchase Connects or upgrade to our Plus plan.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths