tanvik009

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

966 REPLIES 966

Hi Daniella,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'd like to confirm that your concern has already been escalated. An agent will reach out to you directly to assist further. Thank you for your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
a92cd079

I've tried everything and i cannot verify my phone number therefore i also cant publish my profile. Need help asap

Hi Mina,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
018e7bad

I am having the same problem where I enter my valid U.S. phone number and it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I've tried everyday for a week now. Help !

Hi Eden,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
290bf49b

I have tried different browsers etc. During the account creation process it asks for my number to send a verification code.  I never receive the code. 

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting the code. One of our agents has reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Someone reached out to me and reset the amount of attempts I can request the verification code. I responded to the email but I still have not received a text message now that I can again request the code. 

Hi Aaron,

The agent working with you should be getting back to you soon. Kindly continue to communicate with them through that channel if you have further questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
srstuart

I just created my account but my number verification is failing, saying that something went wrong and to try again later. 

Hi Sonja,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cac4096f

When I hit "send code," I get this error: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I've been trying for almost two weeks now. Everyday I try to finish my profile and can't. My country information is correct, my phone number is correct. It just won't work. 

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2996b28a

I am trying to set up my account and when I get to the end and after i enter my phone number it takes me back to the same place. Can you please help?

Hi Zehra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account and your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
55a7963b

I had another account for Upwork, but I couldn't enter my phone number because it kept saying "Sorry, please try again later." So I made a new account and eventually got it working. But now I cant apply for any jobs because I need to verify my phone number, yet it says my phone number is already in use (from my old account).

Hi Ryan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
37039ce2

Hello, I'm trying to verify my account, but my phone number is not going through. Whenever I try it, it returns, "Something Went Wrong. Please try again later."

Hi Graham,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a2a6287e

Seem from ther thread w/ 447 posts that was closed this issue is still not resolved.  Went through the process to create lengthy profile and bio just to be stuck at "having issues verifying phone nopw, pls try again later."

Can someone pls help me through this.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!  Be well!  Thx!

Hi Michael,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

The phone number verification system is stuck in a loop for me for me- while setting my profile up, in the phone number step, the box with my phone number has a green check next to it that says verified.

However, the next step in setting up my profile is still the 'enter code' step. On that page, I cannot input any code because there is a red error message that says I failed to verify my phone number, and must provide a different one. This sends me back to the phone number page, where my phone number is locked in with the green check mark, and I can't change it. From there it takes me back to the enter code step, and I can't seem to break out of this cycle. Help? **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Christy,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
millsjd79

I am having this same issue.  Can someone please help?

4b23b087

Hi, I'm trying to create my freelancer account, however I consistently receive an error message when I try to validate my phone number. Is there another option for validating my account? 

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 10.49.58 AM.png

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kristina and Jeff.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
db37cd23

Hey, I'm having the same issue that it seems countless others are having, when creating a profile it tells me that my phone number is already in use. Please help!

-thank you!

Hi Morgan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5a2e9c42

Hi, I'm another new user who is getting the "something went wrong" error message when I try to verify my phone number in order to publish my profile. Any suggestions?

Hi Rachel,

~ Joanne
Upwork
34d1f747

Hello!

I am trying to verify my upwork account.

Please help me.

Thanks!

Yulia

Hi Yuliia,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
9d1523be

Hello, 

I have been waiting for my code to be sent to my phone. I try at different times and days, but the code is never sent. Please help. Thank you 

Hi Divine,

~ Joanne
Upwork
74274edd

I'm trying to finalize creating my account but when I enter my number, it says my phone number is already in use with another account. I do not have another Upwork account - could anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Hi Inyoung,

~ Joanne
Upwork
a73cc6a8

Hi Avery, I'm having the same issue as her...I did not realize the violation of creating two accounts since I also made my account over 4 years ago. Now I just keep geting a verify phone number and I'd like to unlink it. Can you help with that? 

a73cc6a8_0-1644540291230.png

Sure, Kendal. 

I'll ask the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9d9d0169

I am trying to create an account, and when it asks for my phone number it says that the number is already in use. What can I do?

Make sure you haven't created an account before, as creating more than 1 account is an offense that can get both accounts banned.