🐈
» Forums » Support » Cannot get phone verified. Says try later. I ...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Isis,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
593e6129
Community Member

Hi there,

I am tyring ot setup a profile and seem to have an issue - The verification code does not send to my phone, it just says try again later. May you please advise on a solution?

Thanks,

George

Hi George,

It looks like you were already able to verify your phone number. If you need any further assistance please let us know!

~Andrea
Upwork
fd838312
Community Member

I've done all the prequisite steps to set up my profile and yet I am stuck on the verify phone number aspect. When I try to it doesn't text me a code, it just says something went wrong and there's nothing I can do. 

I tried clearing my cache and cookies, using 2 different browsers, but nada. Can I get some help here?

Hi Nick,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
4e47e9af
Community Member

Hello, 

I am trying to verify my phone number. Text verification won't send. Recieving an error message. Need help.

Good Afternoon,

I am also trying to verify my phone number and the text verification won't send. I believe my phone number might be associated with an old profile and I would like to change it so that it is linked to this new account! Would someone be able to help me in doing so?

Best,

Paulina

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paulina,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8b01e653
Community Member

Hi I have just created my profile and I am trying to verify my phone number. It keeps saying to com back later. How do I verify my phone number?

Hi Barbara,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please refer to their reply here.

~Andrea
Upwork
7f7c3ec8
Community Member

I'm creating a freelancer profile but I can't get past the check just before publishing because the system doesn't seem to accept my phone number.

I'm on the island of St Helena and phone numbers are only 5 digits long. Every time I click the 'Check your profile' button the page refreshes and the phone number field is empty again suggesting that the system is not accepting it. 

Many thanks in advance.

It seems to have accepted it now after about the fifth attempt. Maybe someone's monitoring the submissions and hot fixing - but whatever the answer is it's gone through now. 

a92cd079
Community Member

I've tried everything and i cannot verify my phone number therefore i also cant publish my profile. Need help asap

Hi Mina,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
ffafeef5
Community Member

Hello! I am also facing this problem. I am trying to create a profile on Upwork but it won't let me verify my phone number. It is a normal U.S. number, and I tried using other phone numbers and none of them work. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniella,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ffafeef5
Community Member

Thank you so much, Bojan! Where should I expect to be contacted? I haven't received a notification from one of the agents yet. 

Hi Daniella,

I'm sorry for the delay. I'd like to confirm that your concern has already been escalated. An agent will reach out to you directly to assist further. Thank you for your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
018e7bad
Community Member

I am having the same problem where I enter my valid U.S. phone number and it says "Something went wrong. Please try again later"

I've tried everyday for a week now. Help !

Hi Eden,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
290bf49b
Community Member

I have tried different browsers etc. During the account creation process it asks for my number to send a verification code.  I never receive the code. 

Hi Aaron,

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting the code. One of our agents has reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
290bf49b
Community Member

Someone reached out to me and reset the amount of attempts I can request the verification code. I responded to the email but I still have not received a text message now that I can again request the code. 

Hi Aaron,

The agent working with you should be getting back to you soon. Kindly continue to communicate with them through that channel if you have further questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
srstuart
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing, saying that something went wrong and to try again later. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonja,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
cac4096f
Community Member

When I hit "send code," I get this error: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I've been trying for almost two weeks now. Everyday I try to finish my profile and can't. My country information is correct, my phone number is correct. It just won't work. 

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry for the trouble you had. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
2996b28a
Community Member

I am trying to set up my account and when I get to the end and after i enter my phone number it takes me back to the same place. Can you please help?

Hi Zehra,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account and your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
55a7963b
Community Member

I had another account for Upwork, but I couldn't enter my phone number because it kept saying "Sorry, please try again later." So I made a new account and eventually got it working. But now I cant apply for any jobs because I need to verify my phone number, yet it says my phone number is already in use (from my old account).

Hi Ryan,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
37039ce2
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to verify my account, but my phone number is not going through. Whenever I try it, it returns, "Something Went Wrong. Please try again later."

Hi Graham,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a2a6287e
Community Member

Seem from ther thread w/ 447 posts that was closed this issue is still not resolved.  Went through the process to create lengthy profile and bio just to be stuck at "having issues verifying phone nopw, pls try again later."

Can someone pls help me through this.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!  Be well!  Thx!

Hi Michael,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
lilwillsinspire
Community Member

The phone number verification system is stuck in a loop for me for me- while setting my profile up, in the phone number step, the box with my phone number has a green check next to it that says verified.

However, the next step in setting up my profile is still the 'enter code' step. On that page, I cannot input any code because there is a red error message that says I failed to verify my phone number, and must provide a different one. This sends me back to the phone number page, where my phone number is locked in with the green check mark, and I can't change it. From there it takes me back to the enter code step, and I can't seem to break out of this cycle. Help? **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Christy,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
4b23b087
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to create my freelancer account, however I consistently receive an error message when I try to validate my phone number. Is there another option for validating my account? 

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 10.49.58 AM.png

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Kristina and Jeff.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification processes.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths