🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: cant confirm phone number
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005
millsjd79
Community Member

I am having this same issue.  Can someone please help?

db37cd23
Community Member

Hey, I'm having the same issue that it seems countless others are having, when creating a profile it tells me that my phone number is already in use. Please help!

-thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Morgan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5a2e9c42
Community Member

Hi, I'm another new user who is getting the "something went wrong" error message when I try to verify my phone number in order to publish my profile. Any suggestions?

Hi Rachel,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
34d1f747
Community Member

Hello!

I am trying to verify my upwork account.

Please help me.

Thanks!

Yulia

Hi Yuliia,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
9d1523be
Community Member

Hello, 

I have been waiting for my code to be sent to my phone. I try at different times and days, but the code is never sent. Please help. Thank you 

Hi Divine,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
74274edd
Community Member

I'm trying to finalize creating my account but when I enter my number, it says my phone number is already in use with another account. I do not have another Upwork account - could anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Hi Inyoung,

~ Joanne
Upwork
a73cc6a8
Community Member

Hi Avery, I'm having the same issue as her...I did not realize the violation of creating two accounts since I also made my account over 4 years ago. Now I just keep geting a verify phone number and I'd like to unlink it. Can you help with that? 

a73cc6a8_0-1644540291230.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sure, Kendal. 

I'll ask the help of the Customer Support Team so that they can reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
9d9d0169
Community Member

I am trying to create an account, and when it asks for my phone number it says that the number is already in use. What can I do?

Make sure you haven't created an account before, as creating more than 1 account is an offense that can get both accounts banned.

Ian,

~ Joanne
Upwork
c199bd63
Community Member

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

Hi Jimmy,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
vkee95
Community Member

I know this has been posted a lot, but it seems like the only way to get it solved is to post it again? I am trying to sign up for a freelancer account, but it says that my phone number is already in use. It is entirely likely that I have signed up before, but I think it would be with the same email so I am having trouble finding my old account so I can delete it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Victoria,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c8d36fba
Community Member

Hi!

I started creating my profile and I cannot use my phone number to finish creating my profile. I'm unsure of how I have an account with my phone number already associated... 

Can someone please help me clear up this mistake so I can finish creating my profile?

Thank you so much! 

Hi Krystal,

Apologies for the delay in our response. Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
f00995ac
Community Member

I repeatedly tried to have this text me to no avail. The robot "help" is no help. Where do you find help for this other than these community message boards? This seems to be an issue, with no place to find help except here.

Inefficient and frustrating for someone new.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
62ae1742
Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to verify my phone number and the verification text message is not sending. I have tried sending it multiple times and it is still not working.

Thanks,

Grant

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grant,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
perezmegan
Community Member

I completed setting up my profile but it is claiming I already have my phone number with another account which is not the case. It won't let me finish without the phone number verification. Please help!!! 

Hi Megan,

~ Joanne
Upwork
60f0c65d
Community Member

Hi,

I can't get my number to work it tell me the phone number in  use?

Hi Craig,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you.

~Andrea
Upwork
f1a813b7
Community Member

I am also having issues with my phone number being used in UpWork. Can someone please assist?

Hi Michelle,

~ Joanne
Upwork
0f7c2aa2
Community Member

Same problem - however, customer service is telling me that I need to reach out to whoever is using my number! I have said 3 times I dont know who this person is.

How I am supposed to reach out to someone I dont know and ask them to release MY number????

It is MY NUMBER that someone else is using and upwork wants ME to figure out.

656244b3
Community Member

I am trying to create my profile but it is telling me that my number is being used by another account. I do not believe I have another account under that same phone number. Can someone help me get past this step?

Hi Tammie,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
659d3bbf
Community Member

Hi, I am new to upwork and I am on the last step of setting up my profile. I am not able to put my phone number in every time I do it says it is linked to another account? Can someone help me finish setting up my profile with my phone number? 

Hi Katherine,

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am trying to finish setting up my profile but I am not able to verify my phone number. It says it is linked to another account. I was told by another rep my phone os linked to another account. A old account. I deleted that account yesterday but I am still not able to link my phone number. Help? 

You are only allowed to have one account, and it will be your original account. 

Someone already created a ticket for you yesterday in your other post. Only them can help you resolve this.

Hi Katherine,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on your support ticket. Please consider following up on the ticket so that our team can assist you further with the issue you experience. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths