🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone number already in use on old accoun...
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
836de8ef
Community Member

Hi Upwork,

I have the same problem on re-completing my account profile. On the phone number, i encountered an error saying "This number is being used by another account". I tried to login to my previous account but my email address is not known anymore so i created a new one and this happened. For your assistance please?

Thanks!

Hi Cahlil,

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket. They will assist you with the issue you are experiencing on your original account, and also help you with closing the one you created to reach out to us. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b8c5ef40
Community Member

Hello,

I am trying to set up an Upwork freelancer profile, but even though I have put in my phone number correctly, I do not receive any confirmation texts: I have been able to receive other texts without issue. Would any admin members be able to assist me?

Thank you.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Benjamin, 

I checked your account and can see that you have yet to add your address to your account information. Could you please add it first before trying to verify your phone number? If the issue persists, please let us know, and our team will assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b8c5ef40
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I had added my address when trying to add my phone number, but it still wasn't working. However, I have just now received the confirmation texts, so I was able to get my account set up. Apologies for the bother.

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for your message. Glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Feel free to message us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
c28df85d
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork and am trying to create a new profile. I have been trying to verify my phone number but it does not send me a verification code? 

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
187085d4
Community Member

I am trying to register on Upwork. I have verified my email address. But when I try to verify the phone number I never receive the verification text:

1) I have removed all blocked numbers from my phone. So there is nothing blocking it on my phone.

2) I have contacted my phone service provider who confirmed there is no block or limit on my account so I should receive the text.

3) I successfully receive texts from other companies. It is only Upwork for which I do not receive the text.

Are you able to advise? Thanks.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you.

40b54745
Community Member

Hello, I can't seem to find another account supposedly already associated with my phone number, could you please help me with this? thank you 

Hi Goodarz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
kara66
Community Member

Unable to submit proposals. Upon doing so, I receive the message my number is already in use and contact support.  Please advise.

Thank you

Hi Kara,

I'm sorry for the late response. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
390fb7ef
Community Member

I am trying to finish creating my freelance profile. When I key in my phone number to receive the code, an error message states this phone number is already in use with another account. This is the first time I have created an account so I'm not certain how that could be. Please assist. Thanks.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your post. I'll have one of our team members reach out to you via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed with the Phone Verification. You can check this page or your email to access the ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ed559ba3
Community Member

I can't complete my profile. The last step of verifying my phone number isn't going through 

Hi Tajanel,

Thank you for your message. Could you please confirm if you get any error messages while trying to verify your phone number?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
34d4656c
Community Member

Hi,

I tried to create an account today and got to the phone number information section. When I tried to verify my phone number, it said that my number is already in use by another account, then I realized that I created an account years ago but didn't use it. I managed to log in and close the old account, but I still can't verify my phone number. Can I get a support ticket opened for this? Thanks

Hi Ken,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
7e23087e
Community Member

Hello,

my number was already used in an account. Can someone help me resolve the issue?

Hi Ammar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
89b3b72b
Community Member

I can’t verify my phone number even after I type in the code. The screen doesn't update and it keeps saying my phone needs to be verified. 

Hi Lorrana,

I checked and it does look like you were able to verify. Could you please confirm if you're still seeing the notification asking you to verify? If so, please send a screenshot so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
9610a3b3
Community Member

It is showing that my phone number has already been used but I don't remember setting up an account before.

Hi Brittani,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
84016e99
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

I am having the same problem with my phone number already being in use. I did make an account years ago with the same number. Maybe that's part of the reason why it says it's already in use? How should I move forward? 

Hi Ilyssa,

Firstly, welcome back to Upwork! I'll have one of our team members reach out to you with more details on the error and of course with assistance on how to proceed. You can access your support ticket linked to your concern on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
1e93bf41
Community Member

I tried to finalize account and got "This number is being used by another account".  HELP

Hi Liz,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
341e0921
Community Member

The sign up process is saying my account can't be completed because my phone number is already in use. I don't have an account already so this is clearly an error. How do I fix this?

Cheers,

Hi Charles,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
ad23f7f8
Community Member

I cannot verify my Upwork account. It says my number is being used by another account but this is my phone number. 

Hi Dina,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties verifying your phone. I'll have one of the team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket with assistance on how to proceed. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c27566ea
Community Member

I am unable to verify and complete my account. It is saying that my number is in use on another account.

Hi Alisneldo,

~Andrea
Upwork
28d710e4
Community Member

I deleted my old account. When i created a new account, it stated that the number is already in use. How do i solve this ?

Hi Brandon,

~ AJ
Upwork
7c085d98
Community Member

I have made an account today and can not complete it due to the phone number being used for another account that I do not have access to or that someone else made. Please help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths