🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Why can't submit a proposal even though I...
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Dear Arjay,

I don't mean this account. I mean my other account. I wrote my problem here because the other is suspended. And I don't know why?

The other account email: **Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Thanks

Hi Ali,

Please know that having multiple accounts is against our Terms of Service. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
08c8d86f
Community Member

Hi there,

My friend's account was suspended about two weeks ago. He tried a lot but didn't restore it. Still his account has some money that he earned before. When he tries to withdraw the balance it says that 'your account has been suspended, please contact Upwork contact support. But there's no way to contact the Upwork contact support team. And his account is not available for post in Upwork community. So he requested me to give him a solution.

Please let me know if anyone help in this situation.

Thanks

sufinr
Community Member

I signed an appeal to review the status of my temporarily disabled account almost five days ago. I thought I will be contacted by any customer support officer within 48 hours but my request has not been assigned yet to any correspondent. I am still confused about the reason of the suspension of my account and I really want to educate myself on the said matter so I can avoid any practice in the future that is limiting the scope of my services.

Hi Hafiz,

I'm really sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have also submitted a follow-up to the team handling your case and you should be getting an update through this support ticket. Don't hesitate to communicate with our team through that ticket or your email if you need further assistance. We seek your patience and understanding while we address your concern. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
925fdcec
Community Member

Hello

I have offered a project to a freelancer, and the payment was deducted but she is getting an error while she is accepting the offer.

Upwork problem.png

Could you please help me to resolve the issue on priority basis?

Thanks

Hi Utkarsh,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry and one of our team members has already responded to your concern. Feel free to view and respond to the support ticket if you have further questions.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I am unable to accept the job offer. It says the clients account is on temporary hold. How to solve this issue?

Please help ti's the job offer i got.

Hi Hassan,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having difficulty accepting an offer. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Once the client is able to resolve the issue on their end, you will be able to accept the client’s offer. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
44f0384f
Community Member

Hey!

My financial account was suspended without any reason and I'm not able to submit any proposals as well. No Errors, No Email notifying me what happened. I created a support ticket but didn't got any response from last 3 days. 

Hi Vishal,

I am sorry to hear about your account status. I reached out to the team handling your case and shared your report. One of our agents will follow up with you on your ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi! I am unable to accept the job offer. It says the clients account is on temporary hold. How to solve this issue? There's no option where i can contact support regarding this issue. The chat bot is always giving irrelevant articles.

Please help it's the first job offer i got.

Hi Hassan,

Thank you for your message. Please contact your client directly and request them to clear any pending issues on their account before you accept the offer.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
f0997972
Community Member

Hi,

My account is on hold for almost 1 year, I have updated my payment info, but the error message is still coming up, I can not make a payment, please help

Hi Elvis,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your account. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
fda84545
Community Member

Hi, 

I have created this account since 2018, but I made the profile to start working on it a few days ago. Now I have a problem, which is not being able to submit any proposals even though I have enough connects. 

I am looking forward to hearing from anyone who can help asap 

Amani

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Can someone help me to get the account active.

Khairul

my account has been suspended.

Khairul

Hi Khairul,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

No ticket found

Khairul
d_nuzhny
Community Member

Hi everyone, a few days ago my account was suspended, they asked for identity verification, then implied there was a TOS violation when I asked the reason, but they would not give specifics. Today they asked me for verification again telling me to submit the documents they require carefully, but the link was broken and redirected me to the homepage, probably because I already did that with my passport and bank statement. I would appreciate if someone could check my account and give me more information on what I should do, thanks

I can only assume that you live in Russia or Belarus.. The homepage is saying they have systems all with in those countries. 😒👀 I think that unfortunate and unfair.

They have suspended all work in Russia and Belarus. 

No I'm from the US. The verification link was just broken because I had already used it the first time they asked

gaarabusiness
Community Member

Hi,

My account got suspended and I've sent a support ticket to resolve it, but no one is answering after almost 4 days.

Request #35632547

Vuk

Hi Vuk,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and submitted a follow-up. Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions via the ticket as soon as possible. You can check here or your email for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you.

f93492f6
Community Member

Hello,

I started my new agency in upwork recently and succusfully one project and another one is almost finished. But when i tried to get paid my account says its suspended and i need to contact customer support and when i chat with the get support it is only showing the articles.

I did not recieve any email about the account suspension.

Please let me know what is the process to get paid.

I also got my legal business license last week so now i can submit the documents as well. 

Hi Manda,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
f93492f6
Community Member

Hello Andrea G,

Is there anyway you can prioritize my request, its been a week now and the response time of upwork is really slow.

please let me know if i made any mistake in order get paid. i really thought upwork will be easy to work but freelance.com was way better.

please let me know how quick you can support.

Warm regards,

Hi Manda,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your Upwork account. While I understand how important this matter must be for you, please note that all responses via a support ticket are handled in the order in which they are received in the queue. I will follow up with the team to expedite the process for you.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
ff3a4160
Community Member

My account has been on hold for over a week and I haven't gotten any information about why or what is needed to fix this. I am in a particularly urgent situation helping my Ukrainian family that lost everything and not being able to access my funds is extremely bad at the moment. I supplied Upwork with all of the information they asked for immediately. Please let me know why my account was put on hold and what I can do to speed up getting this fixed! Thank you.

Hi Steve,

I'm sorry to hear about your account status. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Still haven't received any help but I've gotten " If you do not get a response after 24-48 hours, please feel free to follow up with us." 4 times so far in 10 days. My support ticket was now changed from "Open" to "Awaiting"... do you know if that is a step toward being "Solved" or a step backward? 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that our team has already responded to you on Saturday and informed you that they are already in process of reviewing your account. The ticket status will always change to 'Awaiting' after a response from the support team and either awaiting your response or the team needs more time to review. One of our team members will reach out to you via the same ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for the reply. Also, do you know if 11 days is normal to get an account hold fixed? This is heavily impacting my life right now.

Hi Steve,

I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. I reached out to the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
zakizek
Community Member

Hi moderators, I have uploaded my id but my account is still suspended. I tried contacting support on June 18th but still no response. Is there anyone experiencing the same issue? What is the solution for this? I'm willing to comply to upwork guidelines and will do anything to get un-suspended. Thank you 🙏

My ticket id is #35613828

Hi Ahmad, 

I'm sorry for the delay in response. Our support team is currently experiencing an unusual high volume of requests. Rest assured that we will get back to you on your ticket as soon as we can.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths