🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: My Upwork profile has been permanently su...
Page options
cybercom
Community Member

Suspended Account

Hello,

We are agency and we had an account with upwork since many years. We were busy with the other work. Since last few years we were not accepting the freelancing work due to business contracts.

Now we want to start with the freelancing work again. When i login to my account i see a message "Your account has been suspended". We alreay have work history on upwork. Can someone help me to get the account active.

Thanks & Regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amani,

If the action buttons that you usually use are grayed out, the Trust & Safety team may have suspended your account. In that case, you will have received a support ticket with an email notification about the action on your account. Please refer to your ticket here and reply to the email if you have any questions for the team.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

769 REPLIES 769

Hi Ryan,

I'm sorry for not being able to get back to you sooner. I have submitted a follow-up to the relevant team. They will surely review your case and assist you accordingly via the same support ticket. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
0feaad9e
Community Member

Hi,

I have an account under the email **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I had to create this account due to them being unresponsive on my other account and my other account not allowing me to ask a question here. I understand community guidelines don't allow for two accounts but I had no choice given the situation. I have submitted countless support tickets because my account financial transactions were limited and my account was suspended. I have fixed the issues that were claimed to have done this and still the suspension has not lifted. All my support tickets say solved but I didn't get any response from anyone or anyone to fix the situation. It is very unfair as I have money from clients that are simply sitting and I would like to give my freelancer a bonus for the long issue but I can't due to this. Please fix and I will delete this second account once the first one is fixed. Thanks

Hi Alexandra,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. I can see you were able to reply to your ticket and it is currently open. Rest assured the team will address your concerns and questions in the ticket as soon as possible.

Please avoid creating several tickets or posts for the same concern so that the team could assist you more efficiently. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
9e8adcbc
Community Member

I'm have been trying to get the suspension solved for weeks now. Without any success. It seems close to impossible to speak to a human customer service. Now I checked, and it states that the matter has been resolved,  while it hasn't. This has affected me, as I cannot use my account and employee as well. How do I get someone from customer service as the chat is just simply not working and unreliable.

Thank you 

Hi Naomi,

It looks like the team shared some instructions with you here. Please reply to them directly if you still need assistance as they are awaiting your reply.

~Andrea
Upwork
69d32d15
Community Member

Hello, May I know what violation have I done? that isn't fair at all without any reason you're suspending my account permanently which I have created for years. I am disappointed. Please, mention the proper reason otherwise give back my account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Md Ayub,

I can see that you've sent a follow-up message to the notification you received. Please allow our team time to further review and respond accordingly. We highly suggest you continue communicating through the same support ticket so that the team can assist you more efficiently. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
69d32d15
Community Member

Thanks for your response. That's fine of you feel anything doubt at first you can warn me to do nothing wrong. You can't directly suspend account likw this! I only not getting the profit we are paying to Upwork for every single work. Thanks again.

15abef0e
Community Member

Why My This Account Was Suspended Tell me I want to know the reason can you tell me please this is my email;**Edited for community guidelines** they was siuspended without any violating please can you open my this account this is my real account; **Edited for community guidelines**

i dont have any other account i dont know why you are even you dont lknow clearly why you was suspended me without any reason you will look at picture

Hi ChAudhary,

I checked your account and see that you already have an open ticket. I see that you had replied to the ticket. Please allow time for the team to review and update you on the same ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
3b82ec6d
Community Member

My account is suspended due to the payment issue. It said I need to submit related documents to solve this problem. But I need a URL. I would appreciate it if you can help me.

Hi Hillary,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
92029d24
Community Member

Hello everybody!
First of all, I am grateful to Upwork for the opportunities it provides and I really want to use this service in the future.
I have the following problem, which I ask for help to solve:

My account is currently on hold, this happened right after Upwork verified a review I requested from a past client.
The reason for the hold is that more than 1 person is using the account.
This is not true, only I use it, but it happens that from different IP addresses, devices and locations.
I tried to re-verify the profile, Upwork asked for financial statement, which I sent.
In response, I received a letter that the profile is still on hold, as recent actions indicate that the account is used by more than 1 person.

From this email there is one step I can't do:
"1. ANYONE using, accessing, or sharing this account with you must create their own Upwork account. Once COMPLETE, please send the email address or username for their new account so we can confirm."

I am the only one using this account and I always will be.

Please tell me how to restore the account?

Hi Stepan,

Thank you for reaching out. We'll be glad to help you in restoring your account. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
21617e8b
Community Member

I had to make this account to ask for help, because my original account **Edited for Community Guidelines** was suspended and I never received an email to notify me about that and also couldn´t have the job that i paid for, done.

Hi there, 

I checked and it looks like the team was already able to assist you in restoring your account. If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
4cd9cc05
Community Member

Hello 

My visa had hit the limit and was declined. Money has been added to the visa but for some reason, I still cannot make payments. I tried removing the card but there is no option for that. I also tried adding back the same card unsuccessfully. 

I have been trying to find the support button on upwork support page but it is not there. I have also used the support in the past where I am assigned a support ticket but none of this is available right now. 

Need assistance to solve this issue. 

Thanks in advance. 

Michael 

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
magno-biz
Community Member

Hi,

My case is very simple and don’t know why it is taking so long for your rep to resolve my issue.

My agency account got suspended due to credit card issue on my account. This guy **Edited for Community Guidelines** asked me to remove the card from upwork account so that he could remove the suspension which I did. After removing the card I texted  **Edited for Community Guidelines**told him that it has been done and now please remove the suspension. He again said that the card has been removed from my freelancer account but the same card has re-been added to my client account so forwarding the case further to the client support team. I again asked him if he wants me to remove the card from my client account as well and he never replied after that.

This is not it, this guy responds once in 24hrs as you can check in the chat history in the ticket I raised. I am losing my clients as I am likely to start a contract with them and they are telling me that they are unable to see my profile. Now, tell me where should I go ? and what should I do in this situation?. Who to approach?

https://www.upwork.com/o/companies/~01a4bda3690eb37029/

This is my agency profile.

Hi Nishu,

I'd like to clarify that support requests are responded to in the order they are received and team members will typically follow up with you between 24-48 hours. That said, I can see that your agency profile is no longer on hold. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
magno-biz
Community Member

Thanks Luiggi.

niazahmednil
Community Member

I don't know why my account has been suspended. How can I fix this? Please help me

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
niazahmednil
Community Member

Hi,

My Freelancer account has been suspended 3 days ago. I raised "Suspension Appeal Form Submission" 3 times already. But all of them are showing as "SOLVED" without any feedback/reply. Please, let me know why my account has been suspended & fix the issue asap, I will be more carful in future. I can't submit proposals now. Let me do work please.

Best Regards,

Muhammad Niaz Hossain

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

I understand. But the problem is,...... every time my tickets are showing as "SOLVED" without any result/reply. Please do something for me.

Community Member

Hi All,

I am not sure why I cannot submit a proposal or project catalog. The buttons are disabled. Also, I cannot buy new membership

My account is public and active. 

Thanks 

Hi Salah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
3f15843c
Community Member

Hello, 

My account has been suspended and I don't believe I've violated any terms on the platform. This is my primary source of income and has caused a significant setback for me. I think it could be related to not sending over my ID verification in time. Is there any way to know how long I will have to wait in order to use my account again? 

Hi Alexis,

I'm sorry if you got caught off guard by the suspension on your account. I can see that you've raised a support ticket about your concern and please allow our team time to review your case. You should be getting an update here or in your email once done. Feel free to update the ticket and coordinate with the team if you have questions or need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
dharmesh_devs
Community Member

Upwork sent below reason :

* Anyone using, accessing, or sharing this account with you must create their own Upwork account. Once complete, please send the email address or username for their new account so we can confirm.

I did not given permission for someone else to use or access my Upwork account, please assist me for further action and resolve this issue ASAP. 

Thanks & Regards 
Dharmesh

Hi Dharmesh,

Thank you for reaching out. I understand your concern. Please don't hesitate to follow up with the team directly on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks Pradeep for your response 

For security i changed my account password.

But let me know how i can check which user accessing my account or which device so i can understand.  Because if someone accessing my account then i enabled all two-fector auth options so upwork notified me but i never seen that type of authication on my phone or gmail for accessing my account.

So i am worried about this i don't why suspended account if not happed this type of activities on my profile.

Thank you 

3b6051c7
Community Member

Hi,

Can you help me figure out why my freelancer account was suspended? Upwork notified me that they are holding the contracts on my client account, and stated that I need to update my payment method. After that, I received a notification that my freelancer account was suspended. I fixed the payment method on the client account assuming that it was the cause of why my freelancer account was suspended.

I tried to use my freelancer account if I can already submit a proposal after fixing the payment method on my client account, unfortunately, I cannot still bid on jobs.

Please help.

Hi Sam,

~Andrea
Upwork
3b6051c7
Community Member

Please fix it asap. Appreciate it thank you

3b6051c7
Community Member

When can I receive the ticket? I checked it and it looks like it isn't there yet

tanzil_mahmood
Community Member

My account is suspended....! I was working with my last client ... I was time tracking correctly...and 1st day everything going fine. the next morning at 7:45 am Upwork sent me an email...the client account is on hold and suspended. Please pause your work...And then at 8.15 am when I accessed my account ... it show me a floating notification that my account is suspended please contact Upwork support... They didn't email me for this and any violation I did or something else...!

I contact them and it still does not solve the problem...my request is still on hold. 

what can I do now...! Need an expert suggestion.

Hi Tanzil,

I have checked and the team handling your case has reached out with more details as to why your account has been suspended. The instructions on how to resolve this issue are included in that notification as well. I can also see that you've coordinated with the team today and please allow them to further review. You should be getting an update here or in your email once done. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
raza-agha
Community Member

My account was recently suspended and I got a notification bar on top of the page saying "your account has been suspended, please contact support".

On contacting support, I was assured that it would be fixed and it did. But still the notification bar on top of the page, could be seen. This has been going since last one week and I havent received any update from the relevant team regarding the fix.

I was reading through different forums and articles across the internet where it said that I need to file an appeal to restore my access. Please guide me accordingly as this is very frustrating to see my account suspended since last one week

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths