🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Account Name Mistmatch
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
gauravmahi
Community Member

hi My nane is gaurav shukla and my company name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** base in delhi india.

i am getting same error every time while adding bank detail. 

Hi Gaurav,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

I added my company bank account but it's not verified by Upwork and I show one error on it error is "The beneficiary name is mismatched" how I can add it

Hi Yohan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active after 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
248826dc
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting the below-mentioned error.

"Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Name on the bank account is the name of my agency which is a legal entity named "**Edited for Community Guidelines** " of which I am the designated partner/ owner.

How do we verify the beneficiary name in such a scenario?

Cheers,

Amit

Hi Amit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have the same issue here, even though the name in both accounts matches

Hi Maria,

I escalated your concern to the relevant team and can confirm that you should no longer see this error on your end. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6c42c7ab
Community Member

Can you please help me with this issue? I'm worried I can't get my salary about this error. My name on my Upwork profile is my legal name but I still have this error.

6c42c7ab_0-1653395602647.png

I have this same problem for almost 4 days and still not fix😧😧

ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2ad9f18a
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I'm having the same issue. I thought it might be because of the language issue in the banking system because my name is actually Müjde Özgümüş.  Can I ask your name?

Many Thanks in advance

Hello again,  since my banking information is in Turkish language and account is in English, I have beneficiary name mismatched issue. Can you please help me to fix it?

Thank you

Hi Müjde,

I checked and it looks like your payment method is already active! If you need any further assistance please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
c65c60aa
Community Member

I have been having the same issues for the past 10 days, and support is not even responding as to what the problem is? I have tried 2 bank accounts, but it keeps saying mismatch! The best part is that when I raise a support ticket, it automatically closes and is marked as solved. I have not received any response from the support team and all have been marked as closed. I even shared my banking details, but nothing yet. , I have read all the FAQ's and all the step by step community pages, and the problem still exist. what is going on here? least tell me the problem that needs fixing

Please don't say the problem is solved because I cant withdraw. 

Hi Ammar,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

I have also already followed up with our team regarding the ticket that you initiated. They will reach out to you to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I guess we have a BOT replying here and no one even bothered to read the message! If you had read It, this would not have been the response. It's been already 6 days !! forgot 48 hours, !

Customer services have not responded, is this a joke! AT LEAST READ THE POST!! THE PROBLEM

Hi Ammar,

Not a bot, and I can assure you I've read your post. The details were last entered into the system last June 30. If you added your details prior to this date and re-added them when you got the mismatch error, this resets the timeframe for our support team to review the name mismatch on your account. I suggest that you wait for 48 hours to elapse, and when we find an issue, we'll send you an email with instructions on how you can correct this. 

~ AJ
Upwork

My last entry was 3 days ago, that's way beyond 48 hours, 6 days ago I raised a ticket that was closed, without a response and no resolution, and still a block on withdrawal, after that, I raised another ticket 4 days ago, another one 3 days ago. I have provided data and bank account details twice and waited for more than 3 days each time, I am not even getting a response from support and they are all being closed. ! 

All data matches, but still a block for more than 72 hours. Look at the screenshot!

Hi Ammar,

I just checked your account and one of our agents already replied to your ticket and the name mismatch has been resolved already. Please let us know if further assistance is still needed.

~ AJ
Upwork

I have the same issue. It's been 3 days already but still no response from support. I haven't done anything on my account after I submitted a ticket.

Hi Cherry Ann,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

hi i have  a name miss matched problem, but i check it out and i guess its totatlly the same , this really driving me crazy am waiting for your help ..

thanks so far .

Hello Ahmed, 

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I am having the same issue. My account name using full name (Shine Mon Sudarsanan Shobana) whereas the bank details uses Initials (Shine Mon SS), which is very common in India. My payment is stuck, can you please help?

Hi Shine,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f7d333c1
Community Member

hello, i have the same problem. there are letters like ç and ş in the name so I am having a name mismatch, can you help me?

Hi Cagla,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your name mismatch is already approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
d3c334cc
Community Member

I have the same problem: My real name is Muhammet Şamil KASIMAY. It's also my bank account name. But Upwork profile name is M Samil because of Upwork system doesn't support some letter like 'Ş'. Can you check this please?

Hi M,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
ee056752
Community Member

Hi. Please am experiencing similar issues. My name is said to be mismatched when I tried to add my US bank account. Please I need your help

Hi Emmanuel,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
434ed781
Community Member

Hii Arjay,

After using my bank account without any problems, suddenly Upwork paused my payment method claiming my name does not match my bank account name. This is simply not true. I have just my first name and surname, there should be no confusion especially after the payment method has been verified months ago.

Please look into it.....

Hi Harsh,

I reached out to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
freediees
Community Member

Hi there,

in payment method page i got notification that my beneficiary name is mismatched even my profile name and beneficiary name on local bank or paypal are same.  please help

Hi Ferdi,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
oksanas
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I am a part of an agency "Addline group", It has account here and the owner was Danylo Sementsov. I am writing on behalf of our entire team and Danylo Sementsov. The main page of the agency has been blocked for more than a month, we are losing customers and cannot get money. 
We needed to change the name of the owner of the agency, which we did, renamed the page to another team member to whose account we could transfer the earned money (before that, the names of the page and the name of the card did not match), but when we went through all the verification, we were told that no it is possible to do so and we can go to the page only under the name of the previous owner and he needs to contact upwork support on his own behalf. He wrote, but we have not received an answer for more than a week, none! We are very disappointed and the issue still needs to be resolved as soon as possible. 
If Danylo Sesentsov had access to his account, he would write to you personally, but he doesn't, and no one responds to numerous inquiries via mail, so imagine how much time and nerves we have already spent on this issue and how much we have lost.

Hi Oksana,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on the agency owner's account. I see that the relevant team handling their request has already reached out to the account owner today. Unfortunately, I am unable to share further details of other user's account with you for security purposes. Please request the agency owner to continue communicating with the team via the open support ticket so that they can better assist to restore the agency account. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths