🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
2da8a057
Community Member

Hello,

At my payment methods it says "The beneficiary name is mismatched" and Pattarawarin is the same name as my bank account name so how do I fix it?

Thank you

Jia

Hi Jia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi AJ,

Thank you for your replying, Is there any update?

Jia

Hi AJ,

Thank you so much!

Jia

89d64498
Community Member

Payment method claims mismatched in my page, even though it is exactly the same as in my Paypal (I even changed my paypal one to match it). What's going wrong here? Even weirder, a moment ago, I noticed I had accidentally placed my name Gonzalez twice, so I asked to fix it. I checked and it didn't say it was mismatched. Now that it's corrected, it says mismatched again.

Hi Guillermo,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your name mismatch is already approved. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? If you are still seeing a name mismatch notification on your end please share a screenshot so that we can check and assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
bdlbd77
Community Member

Hi Support,

I have the issue here that my bank account mismatches with my Upwork name. Could you please help review it to me? And I also have cheked my Upwork name and bank account name as well as same here, i do not find mismatch. Please review this issue. 

Best regards,

Mohammed Badal

I'm trying to add new payment method but keep getting error that my beneficiary name is mismatched.

The name on the account is the same as my Upwork.

Please help me look into it

Hi Mohammed and Damilola,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
abigail_baldwin
Community Member

I've gotten this notification under Get Paid, The beneficiary name is mismatched. However, my should match exactly, is there anyone that can look into this? Doesn't seem like anything more I can do on my end since they seem to match. 

Hi Abigail,

I've had the team review your account and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
2c39ef95
Community Member

Morning  guys,  i´beend trying to add my paypal account, and it says  mismatch  name,       but i have the same one  on both accounts  " Luis Alejandro Garcia"     do i need to change it to one shorter ?  or something ?   thanks,  have a good day.   

Hi Luis Alejandro,

I took a closer look at your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch on your account is now cleared. Rest assured that your payment method is now active. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
2c39ef95
Community Member

Wait whaaaaaat ,  i just woke  up  and its already fixed.  ?      you guys are amazing   👍

891824b5
Community Member

Hello All

Every times i send money to my paypal account it's send then

Returned Withdrawal (ref 499284253 Rejected)

Returned Withdrawal Fee (ref 498812097 Rejected)

Returned Withdrawal Fee (ref 498807512 Rejected)

I changed my emails tow times and till now Rejected

Can help me?

Best Regards
Ahmed G.
WhiteHatElite

Hello Ahmed,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your fund withdrawal. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
b08386ff
Community Member

Hello, it's been more than 48hrs and I am still experiencing the name mismatch error. I would really appreciate immediate assistance on the same. Thank you:)!

Hi Loyd,

I checked with the team and they were able to clear the name mismatch on your account. Thanks for reaching out!

~Andrea
Upwork
b08386ff
Community Member

Appreciate your Andrea! That was real fast👍

akafarrouk
Community Member

Hey, i have this issue since 72hours now, and i submited a dispute but no support client is responding , i'm sure my name on paypal and upwork isn't mismatching , can someone help me already 

Hi Farrouk,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket, you should expect a reply soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
2da8a057
Community Member

Hello,

I have already posted a post before that at my payment methods it says "The beneficiary name is mismatched", Pattarawarin is the name of the bank account in English and ภัทรวรินทร์ is the name of the bank account in Thai, so is there any update? Thank you so much.

Regards,

Jia

Hi Jia,

I checked with the team and they have confirmed that this should now be fixed. You may log in to your account and check again. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
2da8a057
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

It did! Thank you so much, this helps a lot.

Regards,

Jia

a_saaqr
Community Member

I have a paypal account that has been linked to my account since I started on upwork. Everything was fine and I used it to withdraw my money before but now when I try to withdraw money Upwork refuse and give me this message. I checked my name on both accounts and It does match as before nothing changed. I don't know why I get this message now and I can't withdraw my money.

I need help and a solution for this problem asap please.

Hi Abdelrahman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you've readded the payment method and the name mismatch has been resolved already. Generally, it takes 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

~ AJ
Upwork
a_saaqr
Community Member

I added my payment method many times last two days and last one was yesterday. I tried again yesterday and day before, same error happened. I'll wait for more 24 to complete 48 hours and will try again. Please make sure that support team solve this asap.

Thanks.

Hi Abdelrahman,

I can confirm that it has been resolved already. Please check your account and if you see any limitations, please let us know.

~ AJ
Upwork
4ceb4682
Community Member

Hi,

Re: The beneficiary name is mismatched 

I have got the first job in Upwork since I was registered. After getting the project, I have seen that some verification was being asked by Upwork. One of them was actually not verification but providing the bank account that you would like to withdraw your earnings to.

At that time as soon as I see that the "Upwotk Account Name should be the same as my whole name" sentence, I changed my name.

Since my first name contains a special character of "ü" I did not write it and just used my second name "Furkan".

I did not know I should have taken "writing my account name" that seriously when I first heard and signed up tu Upwork.

After seeing this warning I tried to change my name as "Hüseyin Furkan" but it poped-out a message like "this request may take 2 days to return you".

It is OK to know that I will wait 2 days and the problem will be resolved but it would not be that satisfactory if my real whole name is not changed to "Hüseyin Furkan Şahin" at the end of this waiting period.

Therefore, I am trying to write and get in touch with an executive or an Upwork Support Team Member to resolve the issue.

My ID verifications are completed by the way.

One more thing I would like the mention is that as I indicated above my full name "Hüseyin Furkan Şahin" contains two special characters of our language "ü" , "ş". When I am filling the relevant blanks on Upwork, while some of the textboxes allow me to write my name with these special characters, some of them does not. This makes me confused with how I should enter my name. Because, What I understand from Upwork's request is "please write your real name or write your name as it is in your ID" .

I would like to write my full name the same as How it looks in my National ID but some of the textboxes did not accept those letters and I changed the letters by removing the dots from them.

I know I wrote a lot but I hope someone will understand what I am suffering from and will reply to my message with a "No worries, this is not even a problem, it will have been resolved by the time indicated you by Upwork" 🙂

Thanks a lot for your concerns in advance.

Warm regards,

Hi Furkan,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
reena1972
Community Member

my name is Naureen ijaz Ahmad but i used my nick name on upwork,i have provide all the required documents to upwork showing my actual name whuich is Naureen Ijaz Ahmad kindly change my name and clear my payment

Hi Naureen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team to follow up on resolving the name mismatch on your account. Kindly allow us another 24-48 hours to review the documents you've submitted. Thank you.

~ AJ
Upwork
younalim
Community Member

Hello,

My payment method has been deactivated for like a few weeks, saying it is because the beneficiary name on my payment method does not match the name on my Upwork account. But They do have the same name. I don't know what is the problem.

Please, help me activate my payment method.

ecemonturk
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same issue too. At my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched. I guess it might be because of that in my bank account my name is written in Turkish, letters with accent marks. My last name is Öntürk, however, payment session does not allow me to write with accent, so I have to write Onturk. I added my payment method in 1 August. It's been more than a week.

Hi Ecem,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Thank you Arjay!

mohamedramadan15
Community Member

Hello,
I have tried once to add my local bank to payment methods but It got a mismatch name issue, so I changed the account name and did ID verification again. And also I edited the bank request and submitted it again. And it has been 7 days but it still says the payment method verification in progress. But I feel that there is an issue with it.

Please help me, with what I can do to make it verified.

Thanks,

Hi Mohamed,

I've reached out to the team handling your case and they've confirmed that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c48a3004
Community Member

i asked this question previously too but didn't got any helpful answer... so, the thing is this upwork account is all on my name and ID etc, but i don't have a bank account, that's why i used my others bank account but it said the name don't match, so i changed the name to my mothers name but the profile pictures and ID verfication are all me (my face and ID i mean)... so like is there any way i can withdraw the money i have in my account? what if i open an account with my mothers ID card and her profile picture, can you guys transfer the money on that account then? please help me, i'm stuck.

Hi Munni,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that you can only use bank accounts that are under your name and only use IDs that are under your name. Violating this means misrepresenting yourself and that is against our Terms of Service which you agreed to when you signed up with Upwork.

Under User Agreement Section 1.3, it is stated that "You agree to provide accurate and complete information on your Profile—and on all registration and other forms you access while using our Services or provide to us—and you agree to keep that information current. You agree not to provide any false or misleading information about your identity or location, your business, the beneficial owner(s) of your business, your skills, or the services your business provides, and you agree to correct any information that is or becomes false or misleading. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Account, or access to our Services, of anyone who provides false, inaccurate, or incomplete information in creating, marketing, or maintaining a Profile or an Account."

Please open an account with a local bank in order to receive your payment or check this article to know other payment methods that are available to you.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths