🐈
» Forums » Support » The beneficiary name is mismatched.
Page options
laura14128
Community Member

The beneficiary name is mismatched

Hello there,

at my payment methods it says that the beneficiary name is mismatched, I guess because my surnames in my bank account have accent marks and in my Upwork profile I can not put them.

Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Laura,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

828 REPLIES 828
roy-wei
Community Member

Hi, 

I have provided this qualified statement through ticket and pls make sure your team is aware of the bank is in China where it only released the statement in Chinese which means my name and address are all set in Chinese. This morning I received 2 emails from your end, one says I am passed and another says no. It's too confused.

pls make sure your team read my updated bank statement thoroughly and if it's possible use google translator.

roy-wei
Community Member

Any updates ?

roy-wei
Community Member

I also attached 2files.

1 is saying I m ok for the verification which I need your confirm if it's true.

another is the snapshot from a piece of statement that I sent to your ticket that I highlighted my name and address in Chinese 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jia,

I have checked your account and I can confirm that your ID has been verified. You should be seeing the ID Verified badge on your profile to validate the changes taken on your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
roy-wei
Community Member

I had it enough. Your **Edited for Community Guidelines** team just keep asking where the bank name and bank address etc. again it's a Chinese bank system and it called **Edited for Community Guidelines**which is hell exactly same as my receiving account. The whole statement is chopped by bank. 
i even ask the employer to release the statement. Your validation process is a joke.  When will I get my money available 

Hi Jia,

Since a support ticket has been set up with your concern, I highly suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently. Feel free to access this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
roy-wei
Community Member

This ticket is not helping me but creating more problems. I submitted all the doc

roy-wei
Community Member

I received email today as attached saying I am all set but my financial account is still pending pls help 

99D13BBC-5FAE-4A52-A49E-1078543AD1B4.png

Hi Jia,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
roy-wei
Community Member

Hi, wondering when will I get it fixed?

Financial account is not available but your email tells me all set which is confused me. Tks a lot

Community Member

Hello, when I've tried to withdraw money from my upwork account, I got this notification. So the problem I'm having is; my name contains non-english characters, and because of I can't write my name as it is on my ID and on my bank account informations i think that the system thinks it's a different name. It's been more than 48 hours and I am still getting this error, I've tried to contact to support and I've left a ticket but I didn't get any respond. What should I do?

Can I get some help?

Hi Gokhan,

Apologies for the delay in our response. I've followed up with the team and they will be updating you via support ticket soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
d58833be
Community Member

Hi There,

I initially created my freelance account with my agency name and then later changed it to my name. This was approved and updated, Everytime i add my personal PayPal account with the same name, it keeps saying name mismatch. When I check my notifications it says new payment method added to (old agency name). Could you please help look into what might be causing this. Thanks.

Hi Bodunrin,

I checked but don't see any payment methods on your account that are currently showing the name mismatch notification. If you need to add a payment method and get a name mismatch, please allow 48 hours for the team to review.

~Andrea
Upwork
ferocar
Community Member

Hi I have the same problem  but  my name in upwork and in my bank account are the same but the system is giving this alert:

payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

And that support chat boot doesn't give me any solution.

Hi Fernando,

I checked with the team and they were able to clear the name mismatch on your account!

~Andrea
Upwork
ferocar
Community Member

Thank you soo much Andrea,

abdalazez-hany
Community Member

Hello,

I usually use these names, Abdelazez, or Abdalazez, as a name for my accounts. But now Upwork deactivated my Paypal account because I use the name with 'A' in my Upwork account even though my name in my passport is with 'A', but the account name in my Bank Account is with 'E.'

What shall I do then? I want to solve this asap, Please.

Thanks

Hi Abdalazez,

I checked but don't see any payment methods on your account with a name mismatch. Could you please clarify where you're seeing this?

~Andrea
Upwork
mbrownstudio
Community Member

Is anyone having this problem? My names are the same, but it says it's mismatched. I don't know how or why, and no one is helping from support. So I decided to chat with community.

Hi Martin, 

We appreciate you sharing your report here in the community. I can see that you've contacted the team handling your case and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your case and you should be getting an update through the same ticket. We highly suggest you continue communicating with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6fcad657
Community Member

Hi,

I am also having "The beneficiary name is mismatched" problem with Direct to Local Bank option.  the accent marks in my name and surname could be the problem (İ and Ğ)

Could you help ? (48 hours already past)

Thanks,

Hi Yasin,

I have contacted the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform your that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if you need further assistance. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e77e9c7c
Community Member

I read something about this in forum. Moderators told them to wait 48 hours. I've been waiting for a longer time. And I still can't verify my bank account. What should I do? 

Hi Adil,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
ishan-kale
Community Member

Hi, I am trying to add the same bank account which was verified earlier. Could you please exepidite the verification since it was already done before.   

Hi Ishan,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork
21fcc34a
Community Member

Hello 👋 
I haven't received my all dollars until now as  total amount that the client submitted in
_ The first contract 21dollars

_And the second contract  36.50dollars

_ And the bonus is 15 dollars, that is, the total amount without deducting the commission of the site 72.50 dollars

And now it is supposed and expected to be present now on the site, which I can get from the site an amount of  dollars after the site gets its commission, so I hope that the rest of the amount of 11.50 dollars will arrive in my account
I hope from your presence that you solve that problem to get my money, I really need it

Hi Bola,

I checked your account and saw that you already corresponded with our team about your funds. You may check the ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
8ead4a75
Community Member

I got a response that my "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork"

Please note that the bank name and my Upwork name is the same.

Hi Anikilaya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the name mismatch on your account has been resolved already. Generally, it may take 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

It looks like you just need to fill out W-8BEN on this page. The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately.

Please also note that for security reasons, when you set up a new payment method, it will become available for use 3 calendar days after it has been added.

~ AJ
Upwork
angie_k
Community Member

When I got married I requested to have my name changed on my Upwork account. It looks like that was taken care of but when I try to add a bank account or debit card to receive my pay it says the account names don't match. It looks like my Upwork account is somehow still pulling my former last name.

awshanor
Community Member

I had this problem for quite a long time. Sometimes my bank account would work, but periodically it would get flagged as a name mismatch and I'd open a ticket. It would get fixed, but months down the road, it would happen again. In my case, it was because when I had submitted my name change documents, UpWork had not changed my original last name everywhere in their system. I could see that it was still my old name when I pulled up my contracts or my income verification documents on the site. I had to open a ticket, explain this to them, and resubmit all of my ID documents to get it corrected. Good luck.

Hi Angela,

Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account.

~Andrea
Upwork
cemreilgaz
Community Member

It says on my profile that my name on the profile doesn't match the one in my bank account. I think it is because my last name a letter that isn't accepted on upwork. What should i do about that?

Hi Cemre,

I checked and it doesn't look like there is any name mismatch, it may have been cleared already! Please keep in mind all new payment method become active after 3 days for security reasons.

~Andrea
Upwork
caridi-kristin
Community Member

Upwork says they are reviewing my account because my name isn't the same on my bank account as my Upwork account but they match. No review in a week. I need someone to help me with this issue so I can withdraw my funds.

Thank you,

Kristin 

Hi Kristin,

I have reached out to the team to have the name mismatch reviewed and I'm pleased to inform you that it's been cleared and activated. You're all set now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3f313307
Community Member

Hi! I'm new to Upwork. When I made my account, I used my alias name. I did not know if it make me cannot withdraw money or connect to my PayPal

It says that upwork need 48 hours to confirm the name changes. But, Ive changed my name 2 WEEKS ago. In my "Contact Info" section it has been changed to my actual name, but in the "My Profile" Section, it's still my alias name. And it still says beneficiary name mismatched

What should I do,? is there any chance to quickly resolve this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths