🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I.D. VERIFICATION
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

478 REPLIES 478

They only request verification after you earned some money. Don't worry about it. 

Hi Zachery,

It looks like you're referring to verifying your location. I can confirm you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
c9c4a0fc
Community Member

Okay, thank you. I will wait on the review. How long does this process usually take?

Zach

kolebbc
Community Member

I attempted to upload my license as a method to verify my identification and location, but my account was placed on hold as a result as it was not able to successfully verify my identity.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kole, 

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through an email to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0c434797
Community Member

Hi, I'm trying to verify my identity on my account and I am following the instructions to take a clear, non-blurry, non-edited photo of my valid driver's license and upload, but whenever I upload it it says the verification failed. Is there a way for me to manually be verified by contacting a support agent? My license is valid and the information on it is the same as on my profile and on my tax document. 

Hi Jessie,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
7420ba96
Community Member

i was debited for a connect purchase and didn't receive my connect

Hi Anyamele,

It looks like you've already reached out to the team about your concern and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update through the same ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a_przytulski
Community Member

So, I'm a returning user. I closed my previous account 2 years ago. I had good reasons but that's not the point of this. I seriously don't remember having this level of an issue with Upwork then. Well, I tried to re-register with my e-mail, and couldn't. So, I had to create a whole new profile. Fine.

So, when I went to verify my ID, I uploaded a picture of my ID. Mind you, for some reason, when I registered, my profile popped up with what seems to have been an autogenerated address, which is a previous address but it's more than 3 years old. So, then, the system rejected my ID, because it has my correct address on it WHICH I CAN'T CHANGE IN UPWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, now, I've received a *

**Edited for community guidelines**

Does anyone know how to fix this bs? Um, because I sent in a picture of my VALID STATE ISSUE ID. THE SAME ONE THAT I USED LAST TIME. I've literally combed through all of Upwork's supposedly helpful articles that they've flooded their Contact Us center with, you know, rather than actually allowing us to reach out to an actual human to speak to and find out wtf is really going on? 

I'm reeling from this. I genuinely don't understand. 

Hi Allison,

I'm sorry to hear that you had to experience trouble completing the verification process. I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_przytulski
Community Member

That's great. Thank you. 

0bf5381c
Community Member

Hello! I want to complete ID verification. 

After you get your first job, you will get a notification of ID verification from Upwork.

Hi Jeffrey,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
bubalob
Community Member

Hi,
I uploaded my ID but system did not accept it for some reason.
Now I get the message: 
You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID.
To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

Attempted to contact support, but so far no replay.
Is there an email to send to upwork-support or live-live chat some place? 

Thanks in advance, 

Branislav 

Hi Branislav,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
1871c2bb
Community Member

Am trying to verify my location to access jobs but it keeps failing. Kindly hel me out.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Oliver, 

I forwarded your concern to the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
pchapmannc
Community Member

I need help with this as well. I can't submit to a job, because I get a message that my id isn't verified. Then it tells me to contact customer support.  Good luck with that!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paula,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
brianjnyhuis
Community Member

I'm a freelancer on upwork and I want to submit a proposal for a job, however I am asked to upload a verified ID. When I click to verify it the pop up closes, but it doesn't bring me anywhere. I want to apply for a job, but need an uploaded ID and am unable to do so, I can't find anywhere in my profile or settings giving me the option to do so.

Hi Brian,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
e429ad00
Community Member

It wont let me upload my id. I keep getting an error to come back later. Can someone assist me? I cant get anyone to respond to email

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tray,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
403cd5b6
Community Member

I sent a photo in with the edges cropped by accident and it rejected my verification for ID. Afterwards I recieved an email saying my account is now locked and I can't apply to new postings at all. I took a better picture and was wondering if there was any way I could re-do the process and have my account reinstated??? Any help would be appreciated greatly! Enclosed is the email. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Angel,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
403cd5b6
Community Member

Clicked the hyperlink and it leads me to this page with nothing on it. Am I doing something wrong or? Thank you in advance!

Screenshot_3.png

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angel, 

Your support tickets will be accessible on this page. Once a ticket for your concern has been generated, it will be listed here. 

~ Avery
Upwork
6efa1b2b
Community Member

Hi Nikola, I'm having the same issue.

I received an offer but can't accept it because of this error message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."

I'm happy to go through the verification process again. Please help as the offer expires soon.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ye Shann,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
6efa1b2b
Community Member

Hi,

I received an offer but can't accept it because of this error message "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID. To verify your identity so that you can access all jobs, please contact customer support.

The link above leads to an empty page: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new 

I'm happy to go through the verification process again but there's no way of doing so.

Please help as the offer expires soon. Thank you in advance.

rhodesideliving
Community Member

I got married and changed my name so I tried to change my name on Upwork. It asked me to upload a photo of my ID, which I did. When I uploaded it I got an email stating that it cannot be authenticated but it is a drivers license. This is the only time I tried to upload it and now it is saying my account is locked for too many attempts and not giving me an options to re-upload. 

Hi Arianna,

~Andrea
Upwork
ffb7af30
Community Member

I went through the ID verification process and was approved. I received an email saying my ID was verified and I received the badge. My profile settings even said I was approved. When I went to submit a proposal, I was hit with the alert "you must verify your ID to submit a proposal." I refreshed the page multiple times. Suddenly I received an email saying my account was on hold and there were "too many attempts" to verify my ID. I logged in and out of the account multiple times. Here's the catch - my profile settings STILL SAY MY ID IS VERIFIED and I have the badge. But I can't do any proposals because it still hits me with the "you're on hold." I submitted a request but still haven't been contacted. How long until I'm contacted? 

Hi Taylor,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a7eece9b
Community Member

I have uploaded my DL for location verification but it says I have reached the maximum tries after just one upload. Kindly elp me out. Thank you.

Hi Cathy,

~Andrea
Upwork
0bbabd87
Community Member

Hello, I am new to Upwork and tried verifying my ID last night but it was not being accepted.

I've tried contacting support twice about this issue via the live chat, but have not gotten any responses on this yet. Is there any way this can be resolved?

Hi Rohan,

I can confirm you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths