🐈
» Forums » Support » United States Location Verification
Page options
3f13fe12
Community Member

United States Location Verification

Everytime I try and send a proposal for a job it ask for me to verify ID.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

478 REPLIES 478
kellyrobinson49
Community Member

I tried uploading like 10 different images of my US drivers license to prove where I live in the US and I just got an email that my account is frozen. I have zero idea why there is no manual option for uploading an image or entering my information and having someone manually review. I am happy to send you another image just tell me where to send it so someone can manually review my license.

Hey Kelly, 

Don't worry about it. Simply contact the Upwork support and they have other ways of verifying your ID. I had the same problem 3 years ago so I reached out to the customer support and they stayed with me through the whole new process of verifying the ID. 

Thank you so much for your quick response Bojan, that's good to know! I wish they actually wrote that out in the email that said my account is frozen.

AndreaG

Hi Latrice,

It looks like you're trying to apply to US-only job posts. In order to apply for these, you must verify your location. If you encounter any issues while trying to verify your location, please know that you can reach out to our support team by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

If you'd prefer not to verify your location at this time, that's ok! Switch the feed you're looking at to My Feed and you can search and apply to job posts that are Worldwide.

~Andrea
Upwork
3f13fe12
Community Member

Thank you so much for replying. How do I verify my location?

Hi Latrice,

To complete the location verification, please confirm your name, select a form of ID to upload, and click "Upload Your ID". Then, kindly select an image of your ID and click Upload. You might want to refer to this help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9c4a0fc
Community Member

Yes. I attempted to upload my I.D. but the system froze my account for too many attempts due names not matching. I will attempt to reach out to support again.

9ae6ef2c
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 

I am also stuck with the location verification part. I added my ID but it kept on failing to authenticate it. After 2-3 retries it locked me out and I received an email that my account is on hold now. Could you please guide me on how to un-hold it and where to submit the documents?

Regards

MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bilal,

One of our support agents will reach out to you via a support ticket.

Cheers,
Mike

Hey mike im stuck at entering my ID information Ive tried all 3 times and it didnt seem to work now my account is on hold and im not sure where to go from here 

Hi Amber,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents to reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, I am having similar issue with verficaion it is now showing me that I've reached the limit to verfiy my account and asking me to contact the support, Which I did but no one contacted me. Can you guide me what should I do next? 

Thanks.

Hi Syed,

I'm sorry to learn that you're having difficulties verifying your ID. I can see that you've reached out and raised a support ticket about your case. Please allow our team 24-48 hours to review and you will be getting an update on your ticket here once done.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello Mike, I'm also having difficulty with location verification. 'You've reached the maximum number of attempts to upload your ID,' the system says. It also freezes my account. I attempted to contact a support agent, but no one responded. Could you please assist me?

Hi Lelisa,

I can see that you've reached out to the team and a support ticket has been set up about your concern. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update through here or your email as soon as possible. We seek your patience and utmost understanding while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
aa2ab297
Community Member

Where am I supposed to do this? I get a message saying I'm not qualified for the job but nothing like the page that shows in your article. I can't find the page! I verified my location when I started in April and all was well until last week. I don't understand why I have to do it again. I contacted support but haven't heard back yet. Please help-- I am losing work over this 

Hi Kitty,

A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
687b6e13
Community Member

I uploaded mine and it was rejected

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ryan, 

I apologize for the delay. The Customer Support Team has contacted you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b9b28535
Community Member

Hello,

I have been trying to verify my location for ~4 days now. I live in Tbilisi, Georgia and I wanted to use a bank statement to prove the place of residence. I issued it via my mobile bank application and the resulting document (a pdf file with transactions and some meta info) has everything required for validation: my name, the bank account's iban, the bank's address, my address. Still, I receive the same reject (there're no specific details about why the document is not accepted)

Hi Roman,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
0568523e
Community Member

Hi, 

I've reached the maximum attemps to verify my ID (using a driver's license) on my account. I changed my account name to match exactly what my ID say but with no luck. I think it's because my current address is not updated on my ID yet. I won't be issued a replacement ID with the correct address for another couple of weeks. Can someone look into my issue? 

Thank you, 

Kat

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kathrina,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ef0bbe58
Community Member

I have tried to verify my ID but I got an error saying I've reached the maximum number of tries. I have tried to go through support to no avail, can somebody please direct me to a resource to get this taken care of?

Hi Jerrod,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review your latest reply and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
reed-whitney
Community Member

Hello! My account asked me to verify my identity but when I was in the process of taking a picture of my drivers license it locked me out and told me I have made too many attempts. There are many jobs I need to communicate with and I need my account to be unlocked please!

Hi Whitney,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cssheffield34
Community Member

I submitted a photo of my ID and I'm getting the prompt that I've exceeded my attempts to validate. 

Please advise!

Hi Carly,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
ca515c8f
Community Member

I am also stuck with the location verification part. I added my ID but it kept on failing to authenticate it. After 2-3 retries it locked me out and I received an email that my account is on hold now. Could you please guide me on how to un-hold it and where to submit the documents?

Hi Murtaza,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
sseddighzadeh
Community Member

On the backend of my account it says my identification has been verified, but when I try to apply for new jobs I'm getting "You've reached the maximum number of tries to upload your ID."

I have not received an email from Upwork asking me to video verify or do anything else. How can this suspension be removed from my account? Very frustrating.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sophie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jessmart77
Community Member

How do I resubmit ID verification? My verification was rejected and I am having trouble figuring out the next right step.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessica,

~ Bojan
Upwork
18d26ead
Community Member

Hello Team,

I am attempting to upload my ID to verify my account. I am getting this error message "You’ve reached the maximum number of tries for uploading your ID." I then went to the identity verfication tab in setting and it states this page has been removed. Please advise if you can help me with this process.

Hi Treda,

I've shared your concern about completing the location verification process with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
c9c4a0fc
Community Member

Good morning. I am unable to make proposals for work because my profile is unable to be verified. I used my goverment-issued id and the verification request was rejected due to the name not matching. There was no difference in the name. I need to be advised on the next steps to take to recitfy this issue. I have called customer support number and made requests through chat to no avail.

Furthermore, the identity verfication tab is not present in my profile settings so I am unable to reqeust visual verification.

bilsim
Community Member

Zachery L wrote:

Good morning. I am unable to make proposals for work because my profile is unable to be verified. I used my goverment-issued id and the verification request was rejected due to the name not matching. There was no difference in the name. I need to be advised on the next steps to take to recitfy this issue. I have called customer support number and made requests through chat to no avail.

Furthermore, the identity verfication tab is not present in my profile settings so I am unable to reqeust visual verification.

You can't request visual verification on your own. It can only be requested from Upwork's end and when/if you become elligible, you'll be notified by email.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths