🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: visual verification Timeout
Page options
ac4e6bdb
Community Member

Visual verification

My laptop doesn’t have a camera. And would like to finish the verification process. Is there a way for me to complete this process via mobile phone?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kori,

Some freelancers will be eligible for digital photo verification in place of a video call. To complete digital photo, or "selfie" verification, you'll be asked to take a photo of yourself on your computer or mobile device. If you run into any issues with your Browser Settings for Visual Verification you can check this help article. For any other issues, please reach out to our support team. 

To access our support services, it would be best to follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the Help Center’s navigation bar and select the “Contact Support” option.
  2. Choose the “Chat with Upwork” option to initiate a conversation with our chatbot.
  3. Type in a question or topic and click “Send.” The chatbot will provide relevant articles related to your question.
We strongly encourage everyone to engage with the chatbot to access the available support options. Asking for assistance directly may not provide sufficient information for the chatbot to be able to assist you appropriately - for example, creating a ticket for you with the right team according to your concern.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

495 REPLIES 495
94ec8164
Community Member

Are you sure the agent button can be seen after clicking continue because I do not see the agent button.

edwards-shenna
Community Member

Hi, I am just trying to find out if there is anyway to have my ID verification selfie re-taken, as the one that was automatically captured possibly doesn't show my full face.
I had no idea it was going to snap the image automatically so I was not ready when it eventually did.

may be you can continue with video call

Hi Shenna,

I checked your account and it looks like the badge has already been added to your profile. You can log in to your account and go to Find Work>Profile. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

My selfie verification is pending and it is not being verified nor I have a chance to retake that.
Please, tell me how to solve this.

Hi Vivek,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
salmanasifrs
Community Member

Hi, I try to verify my account. but in visual verification in time out again and again. Upwork, give me the last date to verify my account 17 June 2021. so I need help please guide me. I am working on many projects.

Hi Salman,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

I am waiting for your team member . can you please tell me How much longer do I have to wait?

Thanks.

Hi Salman,

A member of the team has reached out to you already and is awaiting your response. If you aren’t able to see the email you should also be able to access the ticket directly here.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, I try to verify my account. but in visual verification in time out again and again. I am working on many projects. Please help me.

Hi Violeta,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi.

I'm having the same problem trying to take the selfie (it says time out).

I need help with this, please. 

Thanks.

Hi Kenhit,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
422e6d04
Community Member

Hi. 

Many thanks.

I have a few days left for my verification

_brianbailey
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team,

Just signed my first client through Upwork this past Friday the 1st. It's asked me to verify my identity through uploading a government ID as well as a selfie, but after learning of the biometric data collection in Upwork's terms of service here and attached:

**Edited for community guidelines**

I don't feel comfortable giving that information.

No hard feelings, I just don't know what I'd be signing up for. I tried to find a contact email but this was the only venue I could find to ask.

Am I able to verify my identity by an alternate method and withhold biometric data consent?

If not, how will payments to my bank account be handled with the contract I've entered into with my client on Friday?

Thank you,

Brian

Hi Brian,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into your concern and address it accordingly.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7ae78140
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I am a new freelancer at Upwork, I was bidding on some jobs trying to land one. I accidentally bided on a wrong request so I withdrew my bidding. But that made this message appear suddenly: "Action required: Verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. Verify your identity." since then I couldn't bid on any job. And to be honest, I have the same concerns as Brian. I don't feel comfortable giving that information.

I want to know if I can verify my identity without letting my biometric data be collected.

I also tried to find a contact email but this was the only venue I could find to ask.

Thank you,
Edward

Hi Edward,

I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. We understand your concerns about verifying your identity and we take your privacy very seriously. Your security is our top priority and we appreciate your cooperation in verifying your identity. We use a secure and encrypted link to collect the information and documents you provide for identity verification. This ensures that your data is protected and only accessible by authorized parties.

We require identity verification to ensure that all users on Upwork are who they say they are. At this time, we do not offer an alternate option and you will need to verify your account with the requested information. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

- Pradeep

Upwork
caa474fa
Community Member

Hi There

I created my upwork account few months back. I started bidding and my profile is 95% completed. I havent got any video verification for my account yet. It worries me  why and what if my account gets  suspended or gets into account hold once my contract starts with any client. Please advice me if I need to contact Upwork CS to get my video verification done?  Thank you.

Hi Katikela,

I can see that you already communicated with our team about your concern with the verification process. One of our agents has sent you a follow-up message with steps on how you can continue the verification process. Please check your ticket by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
clairgel27
Community Member

Hi, I already had visual verification last 1/11/2021 but it is already 3 days it is still not verified. What should I do?

Hi Clarissa,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
755a7b26
Community Member

Hi everyone. I am trying to have my identification approved but the selfie camera does not recognise my face. Anyone with tipson how I can go about with this?

I also need a a few help like if anyone can check my profile and give me feedback and maybe explain a bit how the payment works. When I send proposals I see the amount I should receive should I land that project, I also have my own price of course so can I negotiate? Will the money be paid to Upworth or to my paypal etc? Any one to bring me up to dtae with these things. 

Thank you very much in advance.

Inonge

Hi Inonge,

One of our team members already followed up on this support ticket to assist you further with the verification.

Once you're in contact with a client, you are free to negotiate the amount and project details. You can check this article for more information. After you get paid on a contract and the funds become available, you can withdraw them to your prefered payment method. I suggest checking out this and this article for information on how you get paid and the available payment methods. Also, you should check the other articles on the Upwork Help pages as they cover every aspect of the platform.

Additionally, I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

You can also visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I've been trying to verify for the last 30 min but upwork just won't detect my face, I tried different light conditions, and my face is pretty clear and visible in the shape, but no matter what I try and do, it always say "No face detected", I deleted cookies too and tried again but still the same issue. Please help me, thank you very much for reading.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janny, 

I checked your account, and it doesn't look like you're being requested to do a Selfie-ID Verification. We have different types of verification on Upwork, and it seems like you're being asked to upload your ID document and complete a video verification. Please go to your Settings page > Identity Verification to complete the ID document verification and the video verification afterward. 

~ Avery
Upwork
paritodev
Community Member

Hi, thank you for the fast reply. 

I think more context is needed, I got my first work a few days ago, since then I had this popup on my Upwork page stating that I should verify my identity before a due date before I could get more works. 

I couldn't do it until today. 

To go to the verification process, I just clicked on the "Get started" link on the verification popup, it first asked for an identity card or a passport which I provided, and then the picture verification that I don't manage to pass at all.

I tried following your link instead, but the verification in the setting have only one button which go to the same face verification process I talked earlier as showed on the screenshot attached here. And similarly, as earlier, it does not detect my face at all for some reasons I cannot explain no matter what I do. 

Also, I cannot attach screenshots because I get this error :

"The file type (.jpg) is not supported. Valid file types are: .jpg, .gif, .pdf, .pptx, .wmv, .png."

and then when changing to png this error:

"The file type (.png) is not supported. Valid file types are: .jpg, .gif, .pdf, .pptx, .wmv, .png."

I'm very unsure of what is happening but these are the screenshots as link:

https://imgur.com/a/T7oEJWO

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Janny, 

I'm sorry I missed seeing that you're requested to do a Visual Verification and not a Video Verification. Let me go ahead and look into this and come back here once I have more information regarding your concern. 

ETA: Janny, a team member will reach out to you through an email support ticket to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
88ca8b50
Community Member

Is it possible to retake selfie?

I did it without passport and it was blurry. 

-----Deleted-----

Ashraf K wrote:

But for anyone to give specific advice you should provide more context to your question. 

And if you are referring to the client who asked you to send 8 selfies

Maybe look at the subject line?

She obviously means the selfie for Upwork's ID verification

Natallia L wrote:

Is it possible to retake selfie?

I did it without passport and it was blurry. 

If it's not suitable, Upwork will contact you, don't worry!

Yes Petra, I missed that! and deleted my reply! 

Hello!

I received email from "Upwork" - "Get your Identity Verified badge".

I did this point - "Provide us a valid government-issued photo ID."

But have issue with this one - "Complete a visual verification to confirm you are the same person as shown on your profile and ID."

I took selfie, but without passport and it was blurry. 

Is it possible to retake it ? 

accelerated-seo
Community Member

Hello **Edited for Community Guidelines**,

For the last 30 minutes ago, I have completed my interview for visual verification but at the time of the interview, the interviewer told me to show id But unfortunately, at that time my ID has been not around me, then the interviewer skip it and asked me for other questions like what is your name and something else.

But after 10 minutes I have seen my visual verification is successfully verified. Can you tell me? Its verification is done or it is under review.

You can't be verified since this is clearly not your real name. 

Hello Martina P

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not understanding properly, can you define me briefly.

Hi there, 

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket regarding your concern with the verification process. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola S,

Kindly read my question clearly. And at the time of the interview, I was not able to show my identity, So that is the estimated reason Upwork can do not verify my profile. 

But now I can able show my identity by video interview.

diorellamanzano
Community Member

Hi,

What happens if visual verification is not completed by Upwork by the time I needed my verification completed? I already sent a photo of my government issued ID and that part was approved.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths