🐈
» Forums » Support » Projects
Page options
hemayet_mondol
Community Member

Why my project is not being approved.

hello I have problem I have created a project but my project is not being approved. I don't understand why my project is not being approved. I would have benefited if you had pointed out my mistakes. Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

418 REPLIES 418
f3dac20a
Community Member

Hello

It keeps saying that my project's images are low quality which doesnt make sense because i changed them many times and they are high res.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohammad and Hemayet, 

I'm sorry to hear about your projects being rejected. Please refer to the email that our team has sent you for suggestions on how to improve your projects before resubmission of them. 

You’ll want to make sure your project is attractive to clients and catches their eye. Here are some best practices to create a professional project:

• Highlight your project in simple, jargon-free language.
  • Choose professional images that speak to your work. (Don’t have great images of your work? Check out websites like www.unsplash.com that offer free, high-quality images you can use. Be sure to make sure you have permission to use.) 
  • Proofread your work so there are no typos.
  • Don’t use click bait, text-heavy graphics, or the Upwork logo/badge.

To learn more about Project Catalog, you can check this help article.

Thank you.

NOTICE:

We are currently receiving more projects for review than usual. Please allow us longer than usual to review your project.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Its me Abdulrehman,

I have created some project on 13 july 2021, My project is not being approved. Anyone can tell me when my projects will be approved?

Thanks

Hi Abdulrehman,

When you create a project we will first review it before making it visible to clients. Our review includes making sure your project is complete, looks professional, and doesn’t violate our Terms of Service. Please note that it can take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
056f7450
Community Member

if my project not approved then it effect my profile or not?

Hi Imran,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that if your project is rejected it will not have an effect on your profile. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
14e278ee
Community Member

Hi, It's me Awais Ali,

I have created some project on 31 Dec 2021, My project is not being approved. Anyone can tell me when my projects will be approved?

Thanks

Hi Awais, please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
cfd604c5
Community Member

My project is still under review. It has  been a week since I submitted it for a review. How many more days should I be waiting ?

Hi Fajer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Apologies for the delay as the team handling reviews of Project Catalog are currently experiencing a higher number of cases than usual. Rest assured the team will review your project as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
461dc750
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team

Good Day !

My project catalog pending in 6 days. How many time need to approved,please? Please help me to approved my project catalog.

Best Regards

Shahid Ali.

Hi Shahid,

Thanks for your patience. Due to the high volume of Project submissions, it’s taking us longer to review right now. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

It has been more than 4 Days and my project on upwork is still under review. Can anyone tell me how much time does it take for the team of upwork to approve a project?

same. i submitted my project 2 weeks ago and it is still pending. 

Hi, 

It is more than 5 working days and my project catalog is still pending. Why Upwork team is taking too much time to approve a Project catalog? Kindly help me to approve my project catalog and make this process easier for me. Thanks!

Hi I was wondering why my 2 projects are still pending approval. I created them nearly 2 weeks ago. I haven't received an email from upwork either.

Hi Teodor-Alexandru,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Apologies for the delay as the team handling reviews of Project Catalog are currently experiencing a higher number of cases than usual. Rest assured the team will review your project as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience,

~ Nikola
Upwork
4553c9ea
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I submitted my projects on 10th of August 2022 and now its 22nd on August 2022. It has been more than 10 days and my projects is still under review. I am eagerly waiting for my project to be approved. Please help me out.

Thanks.

Hi Irfany,

Thanks for your patience. Due to the high volume of Project submissions, it’s taking us longer to review right now. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
bf7b9ec8
Community Member

It has been 9 days almost, but my project is still under review. I created it 24 august. Still not getting any update.

Hi Md Hadimur,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience as our team is currently receiving an unusually higher volume of requests. Kindly allow us a few more days to review the documents you've submitted. Should you need to edit anything, our team will send you an email with details on how your project can be approved. We would appreciate your patience and utmost understanding.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Why my project is not being approved. its been 3 days now

Hi Muhammad,

Please allow up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. To learn more about Project Catalog, click here.

~Andrea
Upwork
b309c350
Community Member

I created a project catalog but as no been approved. and the reason not best known. I need to know so as to make some necessary changes i need to make. and i watched the project catalog prerecorded webinar i followed the step but till i dont really known what happening 

Thanks 

Daniel clever

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Daniel,

You've submitted your Project for review today. Please allow 5 business days for our team to review it and update you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b309c350
Community Member

I created a project catalog but as no been approved. and the reason not best known. I need to know so as to make some necessary changes i need to make. and i watched the project catalog prerecorded webinar i followed the step but till i dont really known what happening

Thanks

Daniel clever.

**Edited for community guidelines**

2f24719c
Community Member

Please approve mine too.. its been almost 4 days now. Thanks

Hi there,

I can see that your project is still under review. Please note that it can take up to five business days for your project to be reviewed. You may check out this help article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
96d9ee4d
Community Member

Hi - I used my headshot because it required me to use a photo and I didn't have one... will it not be approved? 

Hi Zeina,

Finding just the right image to represent your project can seem tough! Remember that the first image in your gallery displays on your project tile when a client is browsing. It can play a big role in their first impression of your work. Check out these best practices for creating a project with picture-perfect images.

• For certain types of work,  you may feel the need to include images with text. However, because this affects the user experience, it should be kept to a minimum and the images should be clear.
  • If your images include text or watermarks containing direct contact details, these should be removed. But not to worry, your clients will be able to communicate with you through the Upwork Messages once the project is active.
  • If your images include icons, text, or watermarks referencing other companies or services, these should be removed. Images should clearly reflect the services being offered through Upwork.
  • When selecting images to include, choose professional images that speak to the work being offered. This does not need to reflect portfolio images or actual work samples.

Note: One of the biggest reasons we can't approve a project is because of issues with the project's images. Please take a minute to carefully review the information here so we can approve your project asap. You can find more information in this help article

~ Nikola
Upwork

Can you check why my catalog project are not approved yet, it's been more than a week I'm waiting for it? 

Hi, Its me Shemaka,

I have created some project on 20 july 2022, My project is not being approved. and there is no any updates about the projects. Anyone can tell me when my projects will be approved?

Thanks

Hi Shemaka,

Thank you for your message. All project submissions will be addressed on a first-in, first-out basis. Usually, it takes up to 5 business days for the team to review your projects. We are doing our best to review and approve projects as fast as we can. Our team will review and update you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi, sorry to bother you. Please let me know how I send the request for my project catalog approval. It's been 10 days.

Hi Parthapratim,

Please know our Catalog team is currently experiencing a high volume of submissions and they are doing their best to catch up. Rest assured that we will let you know as soon as the review has been completed and we sincerely appreciate your understanding and patience on this matter.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi, the catalog was resubmitted the same day (8 Aug-22) after some text correction and addition. Waiting for approval. Thanks.

Hi, please approve my project catalog. It had a minor correction and was re-submitted 10 days ago. Thanks.

62c773db
Community Member

Dear Bojan S

I have submitted a project on 8th August. But it is still under review. Can anyone tell me how I can get it approved.

Thank You 

Aysha.

Hello Aysha,

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths