🐈
» Groups » Upwork Engineering » Forum » Education app pricing
Page options
adhanet_
Community Member

Education app pricing

Heya!

So I'm a marketing pro but I have wanted to buy/build a learning app. I've tried speaking with some people but I'm not sure. What amount should I put on my job offer for a simplified game similar to candy crush or tetris. How much should I pay?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Can you tell me how much it would cost to make an app like candy crush?"

Nobody here can tell you that.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Adhanet:
You should understand that you can't buy apps on Upwork.

You can use Upwork to find, hire, and pay freelancers.

If you want to save money, you should post a job to TALK about the project, while explicitly stating that the people you hire will not do any work. Hire 4 different people to simply ask them questions about how much you should expect to pay, and how you should proceed.

It is highly unlikely that you can succeed in your goals unless you hire an independent project manager.

How much should you expect to pay?
It depends on the details.
Maybe $500.

Maybe $20,000.

We can't answer your question here in the Forum.

Thanks for the reply. Very broad answer. What is TALK? Is there a wayto get a quote without paying? 

re: "What is TALK? Is there a way to get a quote without paying?"

You can get quotes without paying.

You are not yet ready to get quotes.

You need to hire people and pay them for their time to TALK with them.

This is called CONSULTATION.

You are going to waste time and money if you don't do this first.

Consultations aren't expensive.

Use hourly contracts. Pay people for just thirty minutes to an hour to talk to you. You will tell them about your project, and you will get an idea of how much it will cost.  Not to pay THEM... but to hire and pay OTHER people.

Also ask them about hiring strategies, what kinds of people you need tp hire, etc.

Whatever you do, don't make the mistake of hiring only one freelancer to work on your project. Hire at least three. Continue working only with the freelancers who provide you with the most value.

Thank you. I am aware of paying for a consultation. I think it's a good choice for people that are in the business. I was just asking because it's a community forum. I don't have a plan to make an app. It's difficult to just get past the first basic step, average pricing. 

I have looked at the consultations and projects options on the platform. I haven't seen anything close to what I'm looking more. No one is displaying game apps or learning apps that I'm interested in.

oussama_sid
Community Member

Hey, Adhanet.

Pricing Apps/Websites depends on many factors, like the following:

1.  What's your app goal?
  2. What do you want to achieve from building it?
  3. Which features you want to add on the app?
  4. Have you budgeted your app yet?

And many more questions, and be aware about the developer/developers you are choosing, because developers prices their time/efforts/ differently, depends on the experience/ skills they have, and the regions may make the difference too

Thank you so much for the reply! I gave the example of tetris and candy crush. The app is only for me. I want to learn something specific.  I'm trying to memorize words quickly. That's why I'm asking here. Can you tell me how much it would cost to make an app like candy crush?

It would only require the dropping down of objects and pushing them. No points, No levels etc. 

re: "Can you tell me how much it would cost to make an app like candy crush?"

Nobody here can tell you that.

fkupwork
Community Member

If you don't know about the process of app building, the best way would be to outsource it to someone who knows the industry better.

Intermediate Level freelancers in the niche should be able to quote you an approximate number. Intermediate-level freelancers will charge you $25+ Per Hour. 

The first step is to lay down the design and UI of the app and figure out what things you're trying to achieve through this app. Once you have this figured out, the next step is to put the design into code. While coding lots of things could go wrong in spite of the app developer's honest intentions. Development is an iteration process. 

I will suggest not to move forward if you haven't set aside a minimum budget of $15K to do this. That's what it is going to cost you for entry-level development where you have a clear vision of what you're trying to do with this app. 

Use the free version of https://www.figma.com/ and try and make sure you draw the basic structure. It doesn't have to be perfect. It will allow you to put your ideas into paper and have a brief for the app developer. Choosing an individual would be beneficial. Because agencies have to sell a set of particular deliverables to sustain their business model and only suit those clients who know exactly what they are looking for. 

Hope this helps. 

Sahan (Unofficial Nickname)

Thank you for the reply, you as well Preston.