Set up M-Pesa as your withdrawal method
- Go to Settings, and select Get Paid
- Select Add Method
- Choose your preferred method and select Set Up
- Enter your M-Pesa account details and select Add M-PESA account
Here’s what you need to know
- M-Pesa, a money withdrawal method for freelancers in Kenya, allows you to transfer your earnings to your bank account.
- Your payment transfers from Upwork immediately. However, it might take up to 24 hours on weekdays or the next business day on weekends. If it's been more than 24 hours, contact M-Pesa.
- M-Pesa typically has maximums of 150,000 KES per transaction and 2 transactions (300,000 KES total) per mobile device per day. Consult M-Pesa for the current maximums.
- M-Pesa's outgoing fees vary based on the method and amount. To know the exact fees, check with M-Pesa.
- The name on your M-Pesa account must match your verified name on Upwork. If there's a name mismatch, contact support or add a new payment method.
- Your new payment method will become active three days after confirming the account for security reasons.
To remove M-Pesa as a withdrawal method
- Log into your Upwork account and select Settings
- Select Get Paid
- Select Withdrawal Methods
- Select the three dots (...) near your M-Pesa account
- Select Remove